“Great stay for our team”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This was a great stay for our softball team. The staff provided us with a place to gather during bad weather so we could hang out together. The children all had fun in the pool. Breakfast was good and the staff were very friendly. We look forward to staying there again next year.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeff S
AMBVISBY, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Jeff S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay here at America's Best Value Inn. I am very delighted you enjoyed your stay and to have earned such a good review from you. I am pleased to hear that our staff made accommodations for you during the bad weather. We are also pleased to hear you enjoyed our relaxing pool and our complimentary continental breakfast. Thank you for your compliments it shows we are doing a great job connecting with our guests. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

S.Nelson

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I want to start off by saying that we are not picky people. We know that picking a cheaper hotel means not as many amentities but it should still be somewhat pleasant for the 6 or 7 total hours of the 2 days we spent in the room. We booked a room for two nights and figured we would bare the 45 minute drive to the beach so we wouldn't have to worry about being around a bunch of drunk kids on the boardwalk. Well, I would take drunk kids over this hotel any day. I would list a couple good things but wouldn't want to mislead you. The back of the bathroom door was disgusting and inside the toilet bowl had black stains. I'm not sure if it's the cleaner they use or what but have never seen black stains from a cleaner, which shows they do not clean well. The small refrigerator keeps opening by itself whichever the front desk said they would get fixed...did not get fixed. We got up in the morning and headed for the beach. We left our memory foam pillows and some soaps from home in the bathroom but took pretty much everything else with us. We were on the boardwalk until 12:00 and returned to the hotel, uh, motel I'll call it, only to find we could not get in our room. We tried the cards about 13 times. Went to the lobby that says is open all night and it was locked. Called customer service and they finally let us in the lobby. We got new keys and felt relieved.....until we stepped into our room and found both of the memory foam pillows ($80.00 per pillow) and all of our soaps were gone. So we went back to the front desk to let them know and they said to let the manager know in the A.M. As we were walking out of the lobby we noticed a sign that says "this hotel is not reasponsible for any lost or stolen property". Ha..what a sign when you have thieves working for you. Basically since we only left those couple things in our room they thought we already checked out even though we were staying one more night. We were very pleased with ourselves for taking everything else with us. I think either they have nice rooms for people that leave good feedback or the good feedback is from their own staff. I never leave feedback but figured it was worth helping someone else trying to save $100.00. I guess when you have to say "Best" in the name of the hotel that would be the only thing that would lead people to reserve a room. Ah...the power of words to make it feel like a good choice. America's, Best, and value. That won't happen again. This hotel has been crossed off our list, our employees list and any family we share this experience with. Thanks for reading!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank Kris G

Dear Chris G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review. We sincerely apologize that you found your stay disappointing. The experiences you described are not characteristic of the level of service our colleagues strive to provide, and we apologize your stay was unsatisfactory. We are so sorry that you had to experience the problems you encountered after returning from a relaxing day at the beach. Our staff assumed you checked out early due to all your belongings being gone out of the room. In our business we do experience guests checking out early without notifying staff. Unfortunately, this was one of those times, and for that we are very sorry. Your feedback was shared with our team, and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you want a clean safe to stay, it is great. Needs a little repair and updating. For the dollar it's a great deal to be close to the beach but out of the craziness of young adults at the beach. A good decent room for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: If you have disability or mind walking, ask to stay upfront in main building.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
AMBVISBY, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Bk,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review on your stay. Also, thank you for the kind words relating to the hotel itself. Although we are an older hotel we do take pride in offering consistent friendly service and clean, comfy rooms. It is our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future.

Regards

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I have been there twice this month and it was very comfortable. My room was very clean. Fresh towels no stains on the floor. The price was not bad for a weekend stay. The lady at the front desk was very helpful she even suggested that we could check out later if needed too.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Anjelinap14

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay. I am pleased to hear that our rooms were clean, our rates was suitable for you, and our staff made you feel welcome. You are always welcome here at America's Best Value Inn Salisbury, and we hope to see you in the future. Thank you for being our guest.

Regards

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I travel all over the USA in my work. I stayed at ABVI in Salisbury for 3 months. Ben and Kayla Patel were absolute fantastic in every way to make my stay comfortable and a pleasure. Super good people and nice big clean rooms. No it's not been just built, but it's not 200.00 a night.. A good decent clean room for the money. Staff will go out of their way to make you feel welcomed. I would stay here anytime I'm back in that area. Good quiet rooms right in the middle of food, shopping and what ever you may need. I rate them a 10..I think you will too.
Pete J. room 102
Pepco / Delmarva power co.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank petejupin276
AMBVISBY, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Petejupin276,

On behalf of the staff of Americas Best Value Inn, I would like to personally thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our friendly staff and big clean rooms. We hope that you stay with us again or at another one of Americas Best Value Inns across the Country.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Had reservation via Expedia (that will never happen again, they dont stand behind their clients) I looked at the room, and it was filthy. The whole hotel should be shut down and refurbished, i am sure the rooms are rented by the hour also... I told the clerk at the front desk i couldnt stay in a place like this, she charged me for two nights anyway...Expedia would do nothing to help. I went to the Hampton in down the road. Now i am going to my credit card company to do battle. I took pictures of the room.....Would rather sleep under an overpass!

Room Tip: Hampton Inn still has some Integrity
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank danny m

Dear Danny M,

Thank you for sharing a traveler review with us. I am concerned about the issues you had while staying with us. We do our best to make sure each of our guests have a pleasant experience. If we had known about the issues, we would have gladly changed your room. I am sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This hotel is absolutely horrible. Drug deals were happening in the parking lot throughout the night. The lock on the door didn't work so we ended up leaving. The lobby and rooms were dirty and smelly. Trust me you don't want to stay here!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank increasetravel

Dear increasetravel,

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay. I am very concerned about the safety issues you experienced. Please contact us at your earliest convenience so that we can discuss the matter further. We do our best to provide a safe and clean facility.