“Friendly, good value.”

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Friendly, good value.”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Have stayed there the last 8 years for OC Bike Week, Delmava...If your a biker and need a good place to ride from, this motel works well, near plenty of shopping and food.. safe place to park bike trailer, and the staff is very friendly. not a luxury place. if you want that,,,,, go spend over twice as much per night somewhere else, if thats what your into, but I didn't come down to spend it at the hotel..nice pool too.

Room Tip: I like first floor in the back..view of big open field
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
AMBVISBY, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Bigdavert,

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our pool and the attractions we have near by. We take pride in offering consistently friendly service, and clean, comfy guest rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Maryland
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Honestly the worst I've stayed at. I booked it the night before because it was short notice and the lady on the phone told me the room was beautiful and would fit a dog, two adults and two teenagers. I went to check in when I got there and the office smelled musty and old, then I go to the room and it smelled like a bunch of people were just smoking in there. The beds could barley fit two people, the floor was dirty and the bathroom was dirty. Even My dog refused to come inside and just wanted to sit by the car. Once I got to the room I googled the hotel and read the reviews and people said they felt unsafe and thought the place had bed bugs and saw people doing drug deals outside. I just checked out later that night and told them I was completely dissatisfied with the condition of the room. The hotel room was not at all worth the $200 I paid but because it was on short notice I understand the pricing. I will never stay at an American Best value inn ever again. I would not recommend this hotel to my worst Enemy.

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Angelaa1935
AMBVISBY, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Angelaa1935,

I am sorry to hear of your recent disappointment while visiting our property. America's Best Value Inn is committed to providing our guest with the highest quality services and facility. Although we are an older property our hotel has passed all inspections for years, we keep our housekeeping to the highest standards, and the experience you described are not characteristic of the level of service our colleagues strive to provide. Whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion, I do extend it with all sincerity.We are so sorry that you felt uncomfortable after reading the reviews posted by other guest that stayed at our property however i can assure you our property is entirely safe, we have no bed bugs, and no drug activity takes place on our property. There haven't been any issues with safety here at America's Best Value Inn. We have cameras that surround our property, and we also have a 24 hour front desk that monitor those cameras. If anything suspicious occurs on our property the police will be called. Again we apologize for any inconvience and we hope that we will be able to invite you back.

S. Nelson

Travellers are raving about these Salisbury hotels

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I am a frequent traveler in NY, NE, NJ and the Potomac region. Fortunately, It was only a one night stay. When I checked out many others were complaining at the desk as well. They should also change the name. It is embarrassing to have Americas name associated with it. Bad odor, old décor and very dirty. The shower and tub was stained. I did not take a shower because it was gross. I would not stay here if it was free!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Artie D
AMBVISBY, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Artie D,

We sincerely apologize that you found your stay disappointing. We admit that, although we always try our best, there is certainly always room for improvement and during very busy periods, we might have less attention to details then usual, and apparently this has been the case. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you'll give us another opportunity to make your stay the best it can be.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The Hotel staff was very kind and friendly, Location was the best walking distance to many shops including restaurants. It was a short ride to ocean City which is where I went daily during my stay. The rooms were clean we had free wifi which was a plus.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Deborah T,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our property. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have earned such a kind review from you. Thank you for your compliments regarding our staff, it shows us we are doing a great job in connecting with our guest. Our location is the perfect spot to relax, go shopping, and have fine dining all in walking distance from our property. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Suffolk, Virginia
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Needed a pet friendly hotel at the last minute. Clean enough. Adequate bathroom, good water pressure in shower. Location OK. Old room, old TV, but it wasn't dirty. I would stay at this hotel again...in a pinch.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
AMBVISBY, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Scott B,

Thank you very much for your kind words in your review, and we are very pleased that you chose to stay at our pet friendly hotel.. It is always nice to hear positive feedback from our guest. Although we are an older property we take pride in offering our guest consistent friendly service, and clean, comfy guest rooms. Please be sure to stay with us again when your travels find you in Salisbury, MD.

The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We refused to stay here after checking the room. They proceeded to bill my credit card anyway.
We are fighting to get our money back. The place is a dump. The owners should be ashamed of themselves. Americas Best Value Inns should be ashamed to have this place carry their name.

Room Tip: Always ask to see the room first. They will show you the best they have.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Oscar H
Dear Oscar H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our facility. Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences and frustration you experienced during your visit to our property. The America's Best Value Inn is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Customer satisfaction is our goal and we try to achieve it to the best of our ability. Again we apologize and we hope we will be able to welcome you back.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Americas Best Value Inn is located in a great area! Walmart and Target are with in walking distance. The pool was a nice size and the staff was very nice. I know there are plans for renovating the facility and I look forward to the make over.

Although I had to pay extra to check in early, I am glad the early check in was available.

We were there for the softball world series. The staff allowed for teams to grill hotdogs and hamburgers on site~ great for saving $!

Room Tip: If you are with a group ask for adjoining rooms (if you are comfortable with having a door between r...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Trin B,

Thank you for being a guest at our hotel and sharing your experience. Our staff is pleased to hear that you had a great stay while visiting our property. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and I am pleased to hear our front desk was able to accommodate you with the adjoining rooms. We agree that we are in a great location. It's great to be 30 minutes away from Ocean City, surrounded by chain restaurants and local, walking distance to Wal- mart, Target, and Marshall's. We love to hear that our guest had the chance to enjoy our beautiful pool we have to offer along with other amenities. We hope that you were able to thoroughly enjoy your stay and get some rest as well. Again thank you and we look forward to seeing you again next year.