“Samantha is great!”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Baltimore, Maryland
“Samantha is great!”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I had a glorious stay at the Country Inn this past weekend. One clerk, Samantha was amazing. She was really caring and did everything she could to make our stay one for the books. The room was great, the warm cookies were to die for. Housekeeping had clean linens each everyday and I love the atmosphere of the place. I'LL BE BACK, and I hope Samantha is there.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Central location. Great local coffee shop across the street. Viva. Good size rooms. Great water pressure. Easy parking. Have to take the service road at the light you can't enter right from rt 50. Thank you.

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed 27 July 2013

After driving for hours w three kids, there were bugs and a fly in our room, the toilet was dirty @ upon notifying the Mgr (via phone because she was gone for the day) she was RUDE AND INSENSITIVE even after telling her we had a newborn.
We will NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!
UM, Md

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Ustimes3
CX_SAMD, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, responded to this review, 28 July 2013
Dear Ustimes3,

Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, MD. We strive to exceed our guest’s expectations. I apologize that we were not successful in exceeding your expectations. We will take the opportunity to evaluate your concerns and improve for our future guests.

Anne Webster

Travellers are raving about these Salisbury hotels

Connecticut
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

We use this hotel at least once a year, as we travel up and down the east coast on trips to visit family.

Convenient location for a"commuter" stay -- just off the highway, but feels like its way off the highway!

The place is consistently clean, bed is comfortable (but a bit too firm for my taste), a reasonably comfortable club chair in each room, tasteful bath appointments. In other words, everything is sufficient for a nice stay, although not super-luxurious, or anything.

Complimentary breakfast is quite nice, and is truly a breakfast -- hot foods daily, plus the more typical pastries, fruit, dairy, etc. Nice dining area, and a calm atmosphere when I've been there.

Staff was capable and pleasant.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear PenelopeCT,

Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, MD. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Our hotel team strives to provide the best service. I will be sharing your comments with them at our team meeting. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to share about your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Howell, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 July 2013

The hotel, including my room, was full of ants and flies. The room was not vacuumed daily nor are they vacuumed properly after each stay. There was food and dead bugs under the air conditioner. It makes me sick to think what might have been under the beds. We complained about the ants and was given one excuse after another such as the exterior of the building was treated so they are coming inside and this is the east coast. I live on the east coast and I don't have bugs in my home. Please understand I am not talking about a few ants... my empty cooler had at least 25 ants in it one night. My friends who were in the rooms next to me had the same issues (with the addition of a dead frog under the bed). They left a day earlier then me and the hotel checked guests right back into those rooms knowing they were infested with ants and flies. The kitchen area was full of flies as well. When we got up to get something you had to take your plate with us so that we could guard it from the flies. Upon arrival the front desk staff was rude while answering questions and very unhelpful. While we were gathered in the common area at night the front desk staff was very rude and nasty as he demanded we quiet down. While we understood his request it was completely unnecessary for him to speak to us in the manner he did. I had the misfortune to be staying on the first floor and was woken up by the kitchen TV because the night staff member was watching it and trying to hear it from a far distance. There is only one washer and dryer for the entire hotel to share. We were there with our softball team and there were two other teams staying there as well. It was impossible to wash uniforms to prepare for the next day. Also, while we were there the washer broke. There is one ice machine and it was broken most of our stay. While I understand the demand to fill coolers (and the note on the machine not to use it for such purposes) we could not even get ice for drinks. I had to throw away all opened food because of the ants. When we got home I had to wash ALL clothes (even what we did not wear) for fear of the ants traveling home with us. This experience has been the worst experience I have ever had while staying in a hotel. I will, with 100% certainty, never stay in a Country Inn & Suites again!

Room Tip: No rooms are safe...dirty and infested with bugs!!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Stacy P
Dear Stacy P,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay at the Country Inn & Suites, Salisbury, MD. We strive to have each guest feel at home. Our housekeeping team takes pride in the work that they do to provide the best possible service. We apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations. Your comments have been shared with our team so that we may continue to improve for our future guests.

Falling Waters, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We stayed here on a Saturday night because our Ocean City hotel didn't have vacancy until Sunday. This stay cost us more, even as Carlson Club Members, than the boardwalk front hotel in OC. The room was very clean. We had an issue with the fire alarm beeping but the front desk sent someone to fix it. The breakfast in the AM was very good, as we've come to expect from Country Inn and Suites. The hotel is VERY close to the Delmarva Shorebirds stadium and close to main roads.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
CX_SAMD, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dear Mark Andy R,

Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, MD. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We to love the breakfast. We have a rotating menu for each day. Each morning you can enjoy Fresh waffles, scrambled eggs or omelets, bacon or sausage and yummy rosemary potatoes. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Monroe, Connecticut
Reviewed 23 July 2013

They should rename this hotel, The Nightmare Inn! I can't believe I paid almost $200 a night for this hotel. Where to begin- check in was easy and painless with Samm. This was the only good thing about this experience. My room was on the 2nd floor so atleast I was away from all the noise downstairs. The room had bugs crawling around the air conditioning unit- the AC unit was so loud that we had to shut it off because it kept us up at night. The room is old, outdated, and just had an overall dirty feel- the smell didn't help either! I questioned the front desk if it was protocol for housekeeping to vacuum the floor daily because mine was not done. I know for a fact because I purposely left sunflower seeds on the floor to test them. We had to ask the front desk a few times for toilet paper because it wasn't replenished and for the small toiletries the hotel provides. Those should be replenished daily! The shower curtain was too short so after my family showered, there was a pool of water on the bathroom floor. The water pressure was horrendous- as my friend said who also stayed there- "she could spit harder". Onto the breakfast. It did have a variety of food to choose from- but the plethora of flies that accompanied you made it quite difficult to enjoy your food. My family stayed here along with our softball team. The temperature was 100 degrees this week so washing clothes was necessary daily. Of course the washing machine was broken so we all got stuck washing our clothes in the bath tub. We had to go and buy ice daily at the Food Lion Supermarket next door because either it was empty or broken. How can a hotel with 3 floors have only 1 ice machine? That's unacceptable. And to boot, as I was walking out to my car, there were two used condoms in the parking lot. Ughhh! do yourself a favor- sleep in your car before you stay here!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank yankeesfan523
Dear Unhappy Customer,
Thank you for your comments that you shared about your recent stay at the Country Inn & Suites. I have shared you comments with our hotel team so that we will strive harder to assist our guest’s needs. Our team takes pride in the work that we do and getting to know each of our guests. I apologize that you found items in the parking lot that should not be out in public. The area surrounding the hotel does get cleaned each morning. However, we will take the opportunity to survey our surrounding area and speak with our neighbors adjacent (share the same parking lot) so we may improve. Thank you again for staying at the Country Inn & Suites.

Warm Regards,