“Nice Hotel”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was a nice hotel within a easy drive to Ocean City. The room was average, but clean. The fronts desk and breakfast team were extremely friendly. The hotel was quiet even with several teenage sports teams staying at the hotel. The hotel had a gym and indoor pool and there is a restaurant right next store.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scott_Smith6064
CX_SAMD, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Scott_Smith6064,

Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Salisbury, MD. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We offer a wonderful hot breakfast each morning before our guests leave for their short 25 mile drive to Ocean City, MD. The pool is a wonderful touch to ending a fun day in the sun. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel had a great staff. I feel all hotels are really expensive for what you get, but compared to a lot of other places I've stayed, the price was pretty good. The hotel looked like it could use a little paint touch up on a few walls, but was very clean and smelled good. We didn't have reservations and they accommodated us quickly and explained all the amenities. Next trip to the Delmarva Peninsula we will stay here!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
CX_SAMD, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Travelphotographer,

Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, MD. We are delighted to read about your recent stay. Our hotel team takes pride in delivering the best possible customer service. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites this past Thursday night. We had driven about 3 hours earlier in the day with our daughter and granddaughter to see our grandson graduate from Salisbury University and were looking forward to dinner out and, hopefully, some rest. Although Tripadvisor had only ranked Country Inn & Suites #9 out of 14 hotels in Salisbury and we weren’t sure how it would be, we were very pleased with our stay. Our two rooms were comfortable and clean, and came equipped with a microwave, small refrigerator, and the normal toiletries. Wifi was also included. For those who were staying longer, there was a washing machine and dryer. Breakfast was excellent and included scrambled eggs, bacon, fried potatoes, bagels, waffles with numerous toppings, oatmeal, yogurt, and fresh fruit as well as fruit salad, and hot and cold beverages. The lobby had a 24 hour coffee bar with coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and complementary cookies. And the staff was all polite and friendly. Rose Marie, the lady in charge of the breakfast buffet, was especially warm, friendly, and efficient, keeping the buffet trays stocked while, at the same time, keeping an eye on the guests and lending a hand when needed. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this Country Inn & Suites to travelers looking for a place to stay in Salisbury.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 102 at the end of one corridor on the first floor and our room was fine and close...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank lusby

Dear Lusby,

Congratulations on your grandsons graduation. Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, MD. We are delighted that you enjoyed your short stay with us. I must agree that the breakfast is yummy. There is something available for everyone to enjoy. We are located only 2 miles from the Wicomico Youth and Civic Center and 5 miles from Salisbury University. Please let us know if we can be of assistance with any future reservations.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We had to stay at this hotel because we were checking out Salisbury University and there were five of us so we needed a hotel room to accommodate us. The lobby was OK and the front desk staff person we met was nice but the room was absolutely the dirtiest hotel room I have seen in many years. The bathroom was a disaster, dirt on the shower walls (literally) which we wiped off ourselves, hair and dirt and dust on the floor in the bathroom all in a gooey mess in the corner by the tub. Shower curtain rod loose with multiple repair holes in the wall. Stains in the toilet. Dust and dirt all over the carpet, especially around the door frames and in corners ( I guess the hose attachment was not available to housekeeping). We wouldn't walk on the carpet without socks on which became filthy. We couldn't sit on the sofa because of a big disgusting stain on one of the cushions.
I've never written a bad review, but this place was horrible. The only good thing I can say is that the sheets, and pillowcases were clean and free of stains.
This hotel serves complimentary breakfast, but we wouldn't eat it and went to the McD's across the street. We figured that if the room was so dirty, the kitchen must have been dirty as well.
I took pictures of this room and will try to post them for you to see but they really don't do justice to the condition of this room.
Please Mr. Marriott, if you are reading this, send a Spring Hill Suites to Salisbury Maryland, that city really needs a decent suites hotel.
Stay away from this hotel, you're better off spending your $150 somewhere else.

Room Tip: Don't get a room here ever
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank DocShark
CX_SAMD, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Doc Shark,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Country Inn & Suites. Our goal is for every guest to have a wonderful and comfortable stay. I apologize that you had a less than satisfactory stay. We will be in the process making many upgrades to our facility over the next few months. We look forward to showing all the positive changes once completed.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for work. The staff were kind and courteous. My room was clean and spacious. The WiFi and breakfast are included. Breakfast was delicious. The berries and yogurt are awesome. There is ample parking. It is located in a business complex close to the main roads. As you walk in to the hotel, it smells great. I was extremely impressed with the cleanliness of this hotel having come from another hotel chain that left a lot to be desired in the cleanliness department. As I was eating breakfast, the staff member cleaned about three times. This hotel absolutely exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank ANashMelendez
Microtel S, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Dear ANashmalendez,

Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay at the Country Inn & Suites, Salisbury, MD. We value each of our guests and desire for them to have the most comfortable stay while way from home. We always look forward to hearing feedback from our guests so that we may continue to improve. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

I was surprised at the condition of this Country Inn & Suites. I usually love this hotel brand, and go out of my way to stay in their hotels, but this particular Country Inn was a disappointment.

The internet was TERRIBLE. I have never stayed at a place with such bad internet. I ended up leaving every night we stayed and going to the nearby McDonalds just to send some work emails.

The elevator is terrifying. Everyone I talked to refused to use it, but I didn't understand why until it happened to me--when you get to your floor, it shakes violently and makes a screeching noise. There is also just one elevator in the hotel.

The rooms were very spacious, but not nearly as well done as those in other Country Inn & Suites. The walls were bare and empty, the carpet was dingy, and the temperature was either very hot or very cold. The bed sheets were gross--there was just one sheet under the comforter (the one on hotel beds that is never washed, so you always take it off before sleeping) so we sucked it up and crossed our fingers we wouldn't get sick.

There is a large fridge and microwave and a great tv, and plenty of outlets in the room. Breakfast was decent. There was no happy hour at this Country Inn branch, which was strange. There is free parking. There was coin laundry. The gym was a joke, but the pool area was okay.

In my experience, the staff at other Country Inn & Suites is way nicer. It annoyed me that the staff here wasn't as sweet, since it tarnishes the brand the staff in other Country Inn & Suites work hard to build up.

Overall, mixed feelings about this place. For the price, I'd probably look elsewhere.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank LynnJD
CX_SAMD, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear LynnJD,

Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, MD. I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay. We are continually looking for ways to make our guests stay more comfortable. Over the next few months we will be continuing to improve our property with many scheduled upgrades. We know that problems occur from time to time. We take this very seriously and resolve issues in a timely manner. Thank you again for being patient during our upgrades and resolution.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I love this Country Inn & Suites. Anne the Manager has been at this property for what seems forever. She takes the time to talk with guests in the morning at breakfast. I was reading some of the comments from others. I have stayed at this location over the last 3 years and always encountered her to be very professional. If there is a problem, she will do her best to fix it or make it right. I feel as though she will go the extra mile for me. I brought my husband down for our anniversary. I called her to see if she could arrange flowers and chocolate in my room. When I arrived, they had upgraded me to a Whirlpool suite and had flowers, candy and my favorite wine in the room. Not every hotel will do that for a guest.

Room Tip: A whirlpool suite is worth the upgrade!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
CX_SAMD, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Amy H,

Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate your remarks. I always enjoyed talking with you and your husband. Our team is always here to assist you in with your needs. We hope that you enjoyed your anniversary. It is great that you were able to spend the time with your best friend. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Best Wishes,