“Wonderful service”

Courtyard Salisbury
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
“Wonderful service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

I was recently at this location for a bridal shower, and the service from the staff was incredible. From start to finish, they were polite, pleasant and sincerely helpful! Thanks for the remarkable experience!!

• Stayed August 2013
Cheryl P, General Manager at Courtyard Salisbury, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
MrsE_F_Smith,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. I am glad that the service at the hotel was great. We really love hosting events in our conference rooms - especially bridal and baby showers.

Hopefully we will see you again very soon.

Cheryl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

My family and I stayed two nights, during a recent visit to Ocean City. We've stayed on the strip previously, and decided to try this property, even though its not as close to the beach (approx 30 min ride). Great staff; very friendly, professional and accomodating. Each time we asked for directions, additional blankets, or toiletries, we received prompt, courteous and expeditious service. The decor is a bit dated, and could use some refurbishing, but overall, the beds and pullout couch were comfy, and the room was clean and quiet. We did not eat the breakfast, but the Manager Cheryl was extremely friendly and accomodating, and pointed us in the direction of other dining options.
In fact, I liked this location because it is central to a variety of shopping options, including various retail stores in walking distance. Thanks to Cheryl, we also discovered Assateque Island, which is kind of off the beaten track of the Ocean City crowd, but a GREAT island to visit if you love the beach! I would definitely recommend this property, and I do plan to visit again (to go back to Assateque Island) before the weather changes. Thanks Marriott Salisbury!

Room Tip: We had a room on the 3rd floor, towards the end of the hall. Nice and quiet. No noise, or disturba...
dmwbullock_18,

Wow - I couldnt have written a better review of our hotel. Thank you so much for taking the time to submit such a thoughtful and honest hotel review. I am glad that our team provided great service during your stay - we really do enjoy serving our guests. For many of us this is a lifelong career that we truly love and nothing makes us happier than hearing that your stay and the service was great. I would also agree that the hotel is dated in some areas, and thankfully we are slated for renovation in the early part of 2014. Hopefully you will visit us (before) but also after the renovation.

I am also glad that you enjoyed Assateague - it is truly one of my favorite places in this area. I hope you ate at the Shrimp Boat - the food is fantastic.

We hope to see you again very soon and maybe next time you will have a chance to enjoy our breakfast buffet!

Utica, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed here recently for one night while visiting the Ocean City area. We'd stayed at this hotel a few years ago and remembered really enjoying it We booked it again this year and were still pleased, however the furnishings are still similar in the lobby and rooms, so it's just a bit dated. Many Courtyards have renovated lobbies and everything; this Courtyard has yet to go under such renovation. It's still clean and comfortable though. Service was top notch with very welcoming and helpful employees at the desk and elsewhere. Our room was nice and spacious, but the couple minor flaws I noted were that the wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling a smidgen and there was a hair on the ceiling in the shower area that the housekeeper must have missed. All and all the bedroom itself with tidy though. Our beds were very comfortable; they contoured to our bodies almost and weren't rock hard like beds at some other hotels. Sheets were crisp and clean. Good flat screen tv and closet space. There are two closets in the room but one is lacking hangers strangely. The fitness center downstairs was nice; the cardio equipment was top notch. There was one strength machine that had various uses as shown by a sign on the wall. The pool area was nice and there was a hot tub which is always great for relaxation purposes. Breakfast isn't free, just like at any Courtyard. Complimentary coffee and tea though! Anyway, we'll probably be back next time we're in Salisbury. We'd rather pay a reasonable price for a clean hotel half hour from the beach than the hotels right on the beach that are dirty and expensive any day.

Room Tip: Rooms with an even number have a gorgeous view of courtyard area; rooms with odd numbers just face a...
germophobic,

Thank you, thank you, thank you for such a great review of our property. I can't tell you how it makes me feel when guests review all aspects of our hotel with the thoughtfulness and honesty that you have shown. I know that our hotel is not perfect and is dated in some areas. I can only hope that the service we provide, the cleanlines of our rooms and the caring that we put in each day shines through in some way.

Hopefully by the time you come back next year - our renovation will be complete and we will be like a brand new hotel!

Thank you again for your review and we'll see you soon.

Salisbury, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stayed here for 2-3 weeks on and off for business trip. The facility is neat and clean and has all the amenities you need for a business trip. the break fast bar is nice which will fill you up till lunch and give you lot of energy. The coffee is great. Chef Michael prepared good hot breakfast and is always there with a fantastic smile to welcome you for breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
YatinT,

Thank you for making Chef Michaels day! We are glad that you had a great experience while staying with us last month. Reviews like yours are very special to us - any time an employee is singled out you have no idea how special they feel. We are lucky to have Michael on our team and even more fortunate to have you as a guest.

Thanks again for taking the time to write a review.

We hope to see you again very soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I've had the pleasure of visiting Ocean City twice this summer, once in July and again in August. Both times I booked with this hotel because the location is extremely convenient to shopping, restaurants and only about 20 minutes from OC. The staff I encountered were very friendly and accommodating. The pull out bed mattress was not the best, so I asked for extra blankets and didn't have any issues from that point on. The fridges are on the small side, but we had a cooler so it didn't bother me as much. When I was there in July I had the unfortunate pleasure to br there during the USSSA time so the hotel was rampant with teens running through the halls and parents drinking in the lobby (loudly!) all night. There was also very little ice because of them taking it all. The hotel staff seemed to do the best they could to accommodate these people but I know I was highly annoyed! Overall, I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
JerzeeGiant,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us back in July 2013. It was very crazy when you were here with USSSA and I'm glad that we were still able to successfully take care of our guests even during that time.

We are slated to undergo renovation in early 2014 so hopefully the next time you are here we will have all new sofa beds and room furnishings. We are all very excited about that!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience - we appreciate it more than you know.

Hope to see you again soon!

Magnolia, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

This hotel was 25-30 minutes to Ocean City, it was worth the drive to save the money. This hotel was very clean and the employees were very friendly. The breakfast was very good and a big selection. Our room was very clean; the fridge and microwave were a nice surprise.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Cheryl P, General Manager at Courtyard Salisbury, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dear Lisa G,

The staff at the Salisbury Courtyard appreciate your comments about our hotel. We are very proud of our hotel, thankful for the great location and our wonderful guests. We try to create a fun and laid back atmosphere which allows us to have a lot of fun with our guests and to treat you like family.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.

Yours in service,

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Was here for 6 nights for my daughters softball tournament. Hotel very clean, rooms well kept. Perhaps the best part of the hotel though was the staff. From the front desk staff to the gentleman that seemed to hold 20 different jobs, everyone was friendly, welcoming and accommodating. The housekeeping staff did an excellent job every day. Great location if in area, adequate amount of parking.
One thing to remember is that this is a business oriented hotel, as such, its geared towards only 1 person staying in the room for 1 or 2 nights.
A few points if you choose to stay here and travel to Ocean City or if you are traveling with a family:
1. The trip to Ocean City takes between 35-40 minutes (it is 30 miles to the beach). The road at night is very straight, very flat and very, very dark.
2. There is only a small indoor pool.
3. Our room was a king bed with pull out sofa. Room was oddly shaped, very long entry "hallway" into room. Room itself was a small square shape. Was OK for 2 people (was just myself and my daughter), not sure how comfortable it would have been if there were 2 adults and 2 children. The room could not accommodate an air mattress or rollaway if needed.
4. There were no mirrors in our room with the exception of in the bathroom. No mirror over the desk, in the closet etc. So if one of us was in the bathroom, the other couldn't put on make up, dry hair, etc.
5. No safe in the room.
6. 1 Washer and 1 dryer in entire hotel. Made for interesting negotiations in 90 degree heat to accommodate cleaning softball uniforms. There is only 1 Laundromat in the general area. Drove by it. Wouldn't go in. Dealt with sharing washer.
7. Only 2 luggage carts in hotel. Made checking out a little difficult to load autos.
8. While breakfast was included in our rate, it usually is not included and costs either
$6.95 or $8.95 a morning depending on which level of breakfast chosen. Breakfast was typical of those found in most hotel chains for free. I felt if we needed to pay for the breakfast, it would not have been worth the cost.
9. As stated in an earlier post, there is only 1 computer in the lobby. No private business center. The printer was out of ink, and printed in pale pink.
Again, I understand the typical client for this hotel is a single business traveler, for only 1 or 2 nights. That's why I wrote about the issues I encountered while staying for a longer term with children.
Overall, I would absolutely recommend this hotel, and if in the area again, would stay here again. Just note the issues we encountered and consider accordingly.

Room Tip: Rooms with 2 queen beds seemed much larger than those with a king and pull out.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear SINY Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel with the TripAdvisor community. We appreciate the time, consideration and thoughtfulness used with your comments about the hotel. USSSA is an exciting time and unlike anything I have ever experienced. All areas of the hotel were affected by the sheer volume of people in the hotel and I am glad to know the staff was still able to be friendly and service oriented because that is our number one goal.

We hope to see you again soon!

Yours in service,