“Everything top notch”

Courtyard Salisbury
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This hotel is clearly designed for and operated for the guest.
The staff was welcoming, helpful and friendly from the reservation call through to checkout. Everyone made us feel welcome.
The room design is very good. Everything was handy and easy to use. The architect clearly understood what makes a room comfortable and easy to use for guests.
The location is convenient for outside dining with many choices for us.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Cheryl P, General Manager at Courtyard Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Paul_from_VA,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Courtyard Salisbury. Every thing that we do is geared to making sure our guests have a great stay with us that includes clean comfortable rooms, the ability to relax and have a stress free time and to encounter genuinely friendly staff that care about our guests.

I am glad that you experienced the best that we had to offer.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

The employees I agree are friendly, and did resolve an issue where my pull out bed had a mattress that was old and torn, and should have been tossed in the garbage a long time ago. The replacement was no better, my back has still not recovered. The shower has piece falling off, and the entire toilet roll compartment is loose and falling out.There is a huge vertical slit in the wallpaper that someone surgically repaired with a stapler. For a place that has received great reviews, I don't see how.

• Stayed: October 2013

micp1480,

I am genuinely sorry to hear about your recent stay with us at the Salisbury Courtyard. I am glad that the staff you encountered were friendly and that we were able to resolve a part of an issue that you had at the hotel. However, a stay is not complete without having a comfortabe, well appointed room where everything works the way that it should.

The issues that you mentioned are unacceptble and have been addressed!

It is my hope that you will honor us by giving us another chance to make things right the next time that you are in Salisbury.

Feel free to contact me directly if I can be of further assistance.

I apologize again for your stay.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Great hotel very comfortable. The staff is friendly and inviting. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. They have a complimentary coffee bar 24 hours a day and cookies for guests at night in the lobby. The canteen came in handy...you had to pay for items but at least you did not have to leave the hotel. The business center was nice and it was easy to get work done. There is a small exercise room, pool and hot tub, but just the right size for a hotel of this size. It is centrally located, there is an Outback a few yards away and on the main drag there are several shopping centers and chain restaurants. There is a buffet breakfast for $8.95 per person, which I did not partake in. Very comfortable stay overall. I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The air condition was a little noisy but nothing to ruin the stay.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Cheryl P, General Manager at Courtyard Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Natinmd,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your recent experience at our hotel with the TripAdvisor community. We take great pride in our hotel and our service and its awesome that it reflected in your stay. We are glad that you appreciated the coffee and cookies - almost all of us are coffee drinkers so we make sure it stays stocked! I also informed my Chief Engineer about the noisey A/C unit and he has assured me that he is checking them when he does maintenance on the rooms, so I am confident that eventually he will make sure they all run as quietly as possible.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Salisbury.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We hosted a baby shower on September 21, 2013. The staff was very helpful, eager to please. The room where it was held was very nice and the staff was more than willing to do anything we may have asked. No question, no ATTITUDES (that's truly a plus nowadays), just a down to earth group of employees. Just want to say thank you for such a pleasant experience. Keep up the good work..

Room Tip: We were in 227 and I couldn't hear a peep from that end the whole weekend!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Cheryl P, General Manager at Courtyard Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Bunnynewcastlede,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Salisbury Courtyard with the TripAdvisor community. We really do take guest reviews to heart and it means a lot when guests actually take time out of their busy schedules to write their comments.

I will let my staff know that you appreciated their customer service. I guess they only show me their attitudes!

By the way - you guys were also awesome and a pleasure to work with. There was always laughter, joking and a realxed family atmosphere. When we have guests like you -it makes it easy for us to do our jobs well.

I hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

My family traveles from CT to the Outer Banks each year and this is our over night stop. All the staff is very friendly. The rooms are very clean and makes for a relaxing evening before leaving for the final 5 hour drive to the Outer Banks. The hotel is in a great location on route 13. See you next year!

• Stayed: September 2013
Cheryl P, General Manager at Courtyard Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

MedMAn74,

Thank you for your great review on Tripadvisor! We love our guests that come every year and tell us that we are always their stopping place each year. You really made us feel like part of the family.

See you next year!

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Love this Courtyard. Has a real homey feel. Staff awesome, rooms awesome, restaurant awesome. Chef Michael prepared my my Ham & Cheese & tomato omelettes to perfection each morning for brekafest. The rooms are spotless and the location is great, next to an outback and Japanese Steakhouse (Tokyo).

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Topdiamond,

Now you've done it - Chef Michael has not stopped smiling since he read your response! We are so glad that you enjoyed your time at our hotel. The staff has been working very hard to up the level of service that we provide and to make sure our guests are satisfied.

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to submit this response. We hope this means we will see you again very soon!

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I was recently at this location for a bridal shower, and the service from the staff was incredible. From start to finish, they were polite, pleasant and sincerely helpful! Thanks for the remarkable experience!!

• Stayed: August 2013

MrsE_F_Smith,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. I am glad that the service at the hotel was great. We really love hosting events in our conference rooms - especially bridal and baby showers.

Hopefully we will see you again very soon.