“Very Impressive”

Residence Inn Salisbury
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
“Very Impressive”
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our first stay so much that we decided to have a repeat stay at this Residence Inn. Rooms are clean and spacious. The staff is very friendly and polite. The free breakfast is tasty. I'd live here if I could afford it. This is truly a welcoming and enjoyable inn and I will be glad to come back.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Tiffcn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Midlothian
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Stayed here for Salisbury lacrosse tournament and couldn't have been more pleased. The rooms very clean and spacious. Kids loved the breakfast buffet, even mine, who is a picky eater. Edith is a gem and helped us out with extra linens for the pullouts. Check in was a breeze and front desk staff very friendly the enitre stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank LaxMom05
SBYRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Thank you so much for your TripAdvisor review. We are so happy that you and your family enjoyed staying with us. I'll be sure to pass your compliment along to Edith. She'll be so happy to hear she got a mention on Trip Advisor!. It's wonderful that your "picky eater" loved our breakfast. We offer a great variety of breakfast choices from fresh fruit and scrambled eggs to fresh made waffles with several different choices for toppings. We do hope you come back to stay with us the next time you are in town.
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 11 July 2013

To whom it may concern or value-

My experience at the Salisbury Residence Inn Marriott was absolutely terrible. Simply due to the fact that there was a maintenance issue in the bathroom of my room which in more detail was a malfunctioning toilet. The toilet had FECES (waste matter) in the bowl upon arrival to the room. This was noticed after hauling our luggage contents to the far end of the third floor unfortunately and began unpacking our contents into the room. I was polite and did not make a big deal at the time with the Marriott staff member at the front desk as to walk someone to the room and display the unpleasant malfunction issue and felt this was a management issue to be addressed. Naturally they offered another room for relocation. A few minutes later upon leaving the room there was a Marriott staff member waiting to enter our room which I assumed was for the issue at in the bathroom. Two other adults in my party witnessed this issue and felt this was atrocious to say the least for a Marriott establishment.

Upon checkout I was asked how my stay was and then at that time requested to speak the General Manager, Ellen Pettingill, as to give her the detail to address the staff. etc. She was not available and I simply left a message to contact me. Ellen never contacted me (no surprise) and I had followed up with her days later. After speaking to Ellen, I was disappointed even further as to the lack of follow up and response to this horrible experience.

As I write this I wonder where it will go and what response if any will be retroactive. I am a long time Marriott customer for both business and pleasure and have stayed all over the country and never experienced a situation like this compounded by the poor response by the General Manager. I can only hope this note is proactive to help improve customer experiences during futur stays.

3 Thank Mitch G
SBYRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Thank you for your review. We apologize if you were dissatisfied with your initial suite. We have very high standards of cleanliness and a very thorough inspection process; our employees are veteran associates that produce consistent high levels of guest satisfaction. We have earned the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for 2103 and are rated highly on Marriott Guest Satisfaction Surveys. The staff and I were not made aware there was an issue until you and I spoke on the phone after you had left the hotel. We value feedback from our Marriott Rewards members and hope you choose Marriott for your future stays in the area.
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 11 July 2013

After reading all of the positive reviews I was expecting greatness which is why I accepted the unreasonably high rate for the hotel. The lobby is tastefully decorated and the front desk staff was friendly. Breakfast was much better than typical Residence Inn fare and that is what saved this place from a 2 star review.

When we got to our room that's where the charm ended. The furniture is worn especially the sofa and the bathroom vanity. The carpet is worn but seemed clean. The walls had dirt and grime on them along with chipped paint. Throw in the fact that the prior guests' trash was still in our waste basket and a pen that someone had clearly chewed on was left on the notepad one has to question what other corners had been cut. This is not what I expect from any property let alone one that puts Marriott in their name.

Room Tip: You might want to ask for one that's actually been serviced.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Andrew L
SBYRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
We too are disappointed that we were unable to make your stay a great experience for you and your family. We value your feedback and work together with our loyal Marriott Rewards members to make amends whenever warranted. We hope that we get the opportunity to wow you if you visit us again. Next spring you will be welcomed with awesome customer service and please when you enter our newly renovated guest suites with a new color palette and furniture.
Mays Landing, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We spent our 4th of July holiday in Salisbury and had a very enjoyable and comfortable stay at the Residence Inn. I love the location since all the big box stores are close by (Wal-Mart, Target less than a mile away). There is also the Gander Mountain Outdoor store, Regal movie theater, restaurants, outlets and shopping mall right across the street. When we arrived the hotel staff was very polite; the rooms were very clean (we had our 3 children with us and I felt comfortable with them not wearing shoes in the room). We had a 1 king bedroom suite, which included a pull-out couch and two 32" flat screen TV's, and a small kitchen with full size refrigerator.

Room rate: $77 a night

Management: The 2nd day of our 4 day stay the room air conditioner stopped working. The general manager Ellen was very accommodating to us and quickly upgraded us to a 2 bedroom king suite. That made our trip especially to my sons since they had their "own hotel room"! :~)

Staff: Sylvia (during breakfast) was very accommodating as well. She made sure we had everything we needed and went the extra effort to make sure we were satisfied. She was very polite and professional.

Our kids loved the pool and the basketball court. There was also a hot tub, but we didn't make it into that.

We will be booking here again in the near future!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Samuel L
SBYRI, Manager at Residence Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Thank you so much tor taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. Our front desk staff strives to offer the friendliest welcome and takes pride in offering the best hospitality possible. When our guests experience a problem we take it very seriously and are prompt in our efforts to make it right. It is very important to all the staff here that you enjoy your stay. We welcome you back anytime and hope you choose the Residence Inn Salisbury the next time you are in town!
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed 2 July 2013

very nice and comfortable in every way. I stayed recently for the family trip to Ocean city, MD
It is about 30-35 min. away from the beach but a lot quiet and good price compared to the choppy
ocean front motels/hotels in Ocean city. I live in northern virginia (herndon) so it is on the way.
Breakfast was very typical residence inn style- good in general. Front desk people was very friendly and I have nothing to complain about!

2 Thank mamakim6969
Sykesville, Maryland
Reviewed 17 June 2013

This is a nice place to stay. It is close to restaurants, shops, etc. The rooms were nice, clean and quiet. Same with the rest of the hotel. I stay at quite a lot of Marriott properties and they have all been usually very nice. The reason that this didn't get the highest rating was the front desk staff was a bit lacking. Check in was very smooth and was quick. We had a couple of minor issues (broken hair dryer, key cards didn't work the first time). And although the hotel did take care of both issues, they made us feel like we were imposing by asking for the issues to be fixed. Most Marriott properties jump to make you feel valued. The front desk staff here did not.

The breakfast is free but it wasn't anything special. Some items needed replacing the mornings we ate there and it was a small selection. But, it was fine for a quick bite to eat before heading out for the day.

Overall, it was a nice hotel and we would definitely stay there again. Just don't have high expectations for the breakfast and hopefully they will do some training with the front desk. Other than that, it was a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 3rd floor (highest floor) and it was quiet.