“PRETTY NICE” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
White Plains, New York
“PRETTY NICE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

The location is great right off the highway I mean right off. The look was great ,beds where nice the only flaw was that the couch in the rooms were Crappy. Thats my only beef. the food was great breakfast nice.Big tv and the room had 2 of them so thats great so your kids could watch spongebob lol.

Room Tip: Get a room close to elevator if not it will be a long walk.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

The Residence Inn in Salisbury is just off Rt. 50, but you'd never know it. The rooms are quiet and comfortable and very well appointed. The bed is typical of Marriott, which is to say it's excellent. Everything about the hotel is delightful. While it's not a full-service hotel, the staff is helpful and friendly, Everything is immaculate. I was here on business for a night, but if I were to come back, I'd try to stay longer.

Room Tip: There's no bar, and they don't sell beer or wine in the store.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SBYRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Please consider us for your next trip to the area. As an extended stay hotel our suites and services are designed to meet the needs of our business travelers. I will be sure to share your positive comments with my staff. We look forward to seeing you again.
Los Alamos, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Breakfast included, tacos and cookies for free in the evening. Room was great, facilities were nice. Location is perfect for my business needs. Fridge, micro, and stove top in the room, big TV. Good desk for laptop, couch and chairs, bar chairs, toaster.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank gregnx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our first stay so much that we decided to have a repeat stay at this Residence Inn. Rooms are clean and spacious. The staff is very friendly and polite. The free breakfast is tasty. I'd live here if I could afford it. This is truly a welcoming and enjoyable inn and I will be glad to come back.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Tiffcn
Midlothian
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

Stayed here for Salisbury lacrosse tournament and couldn't have been more pleased. The rooms very clean and spacious. Kids loved the breakfast buffet, even mine, who is a picky eater. Edith is a gem and helped us out with extra linens for the pullouts. Check in was a breeze and front desk staff very friendly the enitre stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank LaxMom05
SBYRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Thank you so much for your TripAdvisor review. We are so happy that you and your family enjoyed staying with us. I'll be sure to pass your compliment along to Edith. She'll be so happy to hear she got a mention on Trip Advisor!. It's wonderful that your "picky eater" loved our breakfast. We offer a great variety of breakfast choices from fresh fruit and scrambled eggs to fresh made waffles with several different choices for toppings. We do hope you come back to stay with us the next time you are in town.
Wilmington, Delaware
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

To whom it may concern or value-

My experience at the Salisbury Residence Inn Marriott was absolutely terrible. Simply due to the fact that there was a maintenance issue in the bathroom of my room which in more detail was a malfunctioning toilet. The toilet had FECES (waste matter) in the bowl upon arrival to the room. This was noticed after hauling our luggage contents to the far end of the third floor unfortunately and began unpacking our contents into the room. I was polite and did not make a big deal at the time with the Marriott staff member at the front desk as to walk someone to the room and display the unpleasant malfunction issue and felt this was a management issue to be addressed. Naturally they offered another room for relocation. A few minutes later upon leaving the room there was a Marriott staff member waiting to enter our room which I assumed was for the issue at in the bathroom. Two other adults in my party witnessed this issue and felt this was atrocious to say the least for a Marriott establishment.

Upon checkout I was asked how my stay was and then at that time requested to speak the General Manager, Ellen Pettingill, as to give her the detail to address the staff. etc. She was not available and I simply left a message to contact me. Ellen never contacted me (no surprise) and I had followed up with her days later. After speaking to Ellen, I was disappointed even further as to the lack of follow up and response to this horrible experience.

As I write this I wonder where it will go and what response if any will be retroactive. I am a long time Marriott customer for both business and pleasure and have stayed all over the country and never experienced a situation like this compounded by the poor response by the General Manager. I can only hope this note is proactive to help improve customer experiences during futur stays.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Mitch G
SBYRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Thank you for your review. We apologize if you were dissatisfied with your initial suite. We have very high standards of cleanliness and a very thorough inspection process; our employees are veteran associates that produce consistent high levels of guest satisfaction. We have earned the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for 2103 and are rated highly on Marriott Guest Satisfaction Surveys. The staff and I were not made aware there was an issue until you and I spoke on the phone after you had left the hotel. We value feedback from our Marriott Rewards members and hope you choose Marriott for your future stays in the area.
Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

After reading all of the positive reviews I was expecting greatness which is why I accepted the unreasonably high rate for the hotel. The lobby is tastefully decorated and the front desk staff was friendly. Breakfast was much better than typical Residence Inn fare and that is what saved this place from a 2 star review.

When we got to our room that's where the charm ended. The furniture is worn especially the sofa and the bathroom vanity. The carpet is worn but seemed clean. The walls had dirt and grime on them along with chipped paint. Throw in the fact that the prior guests' trash was still in our waste basket and a pen that someone had clearly chewed on was left on the notepad one has to question what other corners had been cut. This is not what I expect from any property let alone one that puts Marriott in their name.

Room Tip: You might want to ask for one that's actually been serviced.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Andrew L
SBYRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
We too are disappointed that we were unable to make your stay a great experience for you and your family. We value your feedback and work together with our loyal Marriott Rewards members to make amends whenever warranted. We hope that we get the opportunity to wow you if you visit us again. Next spring you will be welcomed with awesome customer service and please when you enter our newly renovated guest suites with a new color palette and furniture.