“Works for a Night”

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Warren, Vermont
“Works for a Night”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My family and I stayed here for one night while travelling south from New England to the Outer Banks. Positives were location and plenty of room for a family of five for a good rate. We had a suite with two rooms and three beds which was perfect. Check in was a breeze and we were fortunate being able to park around back and within steps of our room. A side positive was that we had our dog in the car and there is a good place to walk her just behind the hotel. Not a positive was the homeless camp in the woods right next to the hotel. Beds were OK, pillows the standard rubber you get in the chains.

Night was quiet which was a good thing because I don't think I have seen poorer construction on a building in my life. God help this facility in a tornado or hurricane. Doors, wall, everything is paper thin. But again, we were blessed with quiet neighbors.

Breakfast at the hotel was good and we appreciated there were a few items of real food - yogurt, bananas, walnuts (!), hard boiled eggs to go with the usual junk food on Styrofoam plates.

All in all a good hotel - not great, not horrible.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Mike M, General Manager at Residence Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Berkbill:
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your most recent stay. I am very sorry to hear that the hotel overall and your stay was not a perfect one. We strive to provide a clean, quite, and comfortable hotel, with all the comforts of home, and it appears we did not live up to ours or your expectations. Thank you for sharing your concerns about the hotel, I will be certain to look into and correct if possible all of the points you mentioned. I hope when you are in the Salisbury area again, you will give us another try so we can regain your trust in our hotel. Thank you again and have a wonderful day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
ponyislgal
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here after a Shorebirds game mainly because I work for another Marriott property and get a good discount. This hotel is older but is well maintained. The bed was comfortable and everything was well maintained. This would be a great room for a longer stay as there was a dishwasher, stove, and plenty of dishes and silverware. Breakfast was good, but extremely busy, which the attendant worked really hard to keep up with. I would definitely recommend this property to anyone. Thanks for a great night stay!

Stayed April 2014
Mike M, General Manager at Residence Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear ponyislgal,

Thank you for chosing the Residence Inn by Marriott in Salisbury. We appreciate you staying with us and for taking the time to leave us such positive feedback about your stay. I am glad to hear that all aspects of your stay went well, and that even though breakfast was very busy, our staff was doing their best to keep up with it. I hope that if you are in the Salisbury area again you will choose the Residence Inn for your accomodations. If I may be of any further assitance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Mike
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This hotel is in a great location- easy to access anything in Salisbury. The staff was friendly and the premises were clean. I was very impressed with how quiet the hotel is. Most free breakfasts are disappointing, but their breakfast spread was impressive. The room was spacious and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Mike M, General Manager at Residence Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you very much for staying with us! I would also like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and leave us positive feedback. I am so glad to hear that my staff took such good care of you, our breakfast was even better than you expected, and our hotel was clean and quite. We love to hear when our guests are happy with their stay and I will be sure to share your comments with my entire staff. I look forward to having you stay with us again when you are in the area!
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Not the finest Residence Inn but finest accommodations in Salisbury. Located close to everything and safe. Furnishings will need updated in the near future due to showing normal wear but very clean and comfortable. Front desk clerk was very helpful. A bit high priced for the area but worth the stay

Stayed March 2014
Mike M, General Manager at Residence Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you very much for the Trip Advisor review. I really appreciate you staying with us. I am very happy to hear your stay was a pleasant one. To the point you made about the condition of the hotel, you are absolutely right, it is showing its age. We are preparing to update the entire interior of the hotel within the next year and are looking forward to a pristine updated property overall. Thank you again for chosing Residence Inn for your stay in Salisbury. If you are ever in the area, I hope you will consider staying with us again.
Maryland
Reviewed 16 December 2013

This little hotel is right off the main highway, it is in a great location and accessible to most everything. The staff was excellent and check in was a breeze they had me checked in and on my way up to my room in about 5 minutes. They were very accommodating with my request to be on the highest floor away from the elevators and all my extras were waiting for me upon arrival. The room was warm and inviting however the furniture (in particular that couch) was very dated. It (furniture) did not fit the decor. It appeared that worn hotel slip covers were placed on the furniture. The TV was a modern flat screen and all the appliances were modern... I am not sure what happened with the furniture. I slept very well and did not hear outside noises and the rooms are whisper quiet. As the other guest have stated: THERE IS A MALE HANGING OUT IN THE PARKING AREA FRONT AND BACK. This gives the appearance that there is either: A) Drug Activity or B) Prostitution going on. Even if it is not this needs to be addressed. I was there with my 2 year old son and I was afraid to get out of my car that night because I was unsure of what to make of the guy, he was obviously NOT staying in the hotel and I had seen him multiple times. Overall the stay was good, checkout was a breeze as well. Good value however I am dropping a level of my rating because of the suspicious male outside the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose The highest level away from the elevators.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank rhall26
SBYRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for pointing our how great our location is and this time of year it's wonderful for our guests as we are just across the street from the regional mall. As an extended stay hotel we service our local community residents by offering temporary housing when a disaster happens at home. Sometimes these disasters are water or fire damage which can take six months or longer to repair before our guests can safely return to their home. While at the hotel, homeowners must often adapt their lifestyles to adhere to our policies and that can create challenges especially for our guests who are smokers. We place great value on the safety of our guests. Be assured that the hotel would take immediate action should we suspect any inappropriate or criminal activity was occurring.
Smithtown
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Stayed here for two nights last week during a Thanksgiving trip to visit family. While checking in I observed that the counter clerk was babysitting a child. I went down to purchase something 5 hours later and observed the same clerk babysitting a child. She then told me that she was babysitting while I was paying for the item. I found the staff very unfriendly and when I said Happy Thanksgiving to a few they didn't even respond. Maybe they were mad that they were working. I have never experienced the rudeness of staff at any other Marriott. The staff would walk right by you without a smile or hello and made me feel uncomfortable. I also noticed a strange male standing outside the hotel entrance looking like a look out for possible criminal activity that might be going on at this hotel. I noticed that another guest mentioned the same thing about this male lurking around. I'll probably stay elsewhere next time around. I am also a loyal Marriott rewards member and am disappointed. I also filled out an online survey after my stay and haven't heard a response from Marriott as of yet.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
SBYRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We are deeply sorry that you did not enjoy your recent stay. We are very proud of the high rating our associates receive for their service to our guests. As an extended stay hotel, part of our service is to local residents who, due to an unfortunate event, find themselve displaced from their home while their home is repaired or rebuilt. Some times these families are with us for months at a time and it can be quite an adjustment from their daily lifestyle routine. As we approach the holiday season, we offer "touches of home" wherever possible. The babysitting situation you mentioned was actually one of our associates watching over a child of one of our long term displaced homeowner guests that needed free time while preparing for a holiday spent at the hotel. The male outside is by no means a criminal but another of our long term displaced homeowners. He has been a wonderful guest who , as a heavy smoker, has been very gracious to honor our no smoking policy. As a result he spends much of his time outside. Thank you for being a loyal Marriott guest. We hope that you give us another try.
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stayed here last month and the front desk was pleasant, room clean and quiet, good breakfast. After check in, I went back to car and saw a young guy at the entrance to the parking lot wearing baggy long denim shorts and big t shirt. At first I thought he was talking to himself, but then figured he was talking to someone on the phone. Thought he might be waiting for someone, but an hour later, he was still there. When we left in the morning, same guy was there in the lot, but wearing a different outfit. Was he parking lot security, a drug dealer or just a strange person hanging around? Will never know, but it was a little creepy.

Room Tip: Entrance is a little tricky, just before a highway turn.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family