“Nice affordable hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Richmond, Virginia
“Nice affordable hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel away from the overpriced oceanfront hotels in Ocean City, staff is friendly and always willing to help, rooms are clean, yes it is a little bit noisy early in the morning but if you are tired enough you will not notice it.

Good breakfast included in the room rate, featuring real food and not junk food only.

It is a 30 min drive from Ocean City but it is worth the savings.

We enjoyed staying here and will come back next year.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Mike M, General Manager at Residence Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear perrote71,

Thank you very much for staying with us and leaving us such a positive review. I will be sure to share these kind remarks with my entire staff. We truly appreicate the feedback we recieve from valued guests such as yourself. Thank you again and we look forward to you staying with us when you are in the Salisbury area again!

Mike McVay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed here for a month and the staff is very generous and helpful. I have stayed their 2 Bed Suite and also studio suite. I like both the rooms.

Mike the manager helped me to extend few days in the same room when it was available and it was nice.

Room Tip: If you can get their 2Bed suite its nice for a family with 3-4 kids
Green Features: I can not say about it as even if i hanged my towel they change it so i dont know what is their policy
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank hrishi1
Dear hrishi1,

Thank you again for staying with us and leaving us such positive feedback. We truly value the opions and feedback we recieve and use it to ensure all of our guests have a fantastic stay. I am very glad we were able to accomodate you for the additional nights you needed. We look forward to you staying with us when you are in the Salisbury area again.

Thurmont, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I was looking for an overnight accommodation and went with Marriott because I have never been disappointed with the quality. Once again I am very happy. The room was very clean. The staff is very friendly and it is in a great location close to everything. There is a Gander Mountain beside of it and a mall across the street.

Stayed July 2014
Mike M, General Manager at Residence Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear RobR76,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very happy to hear that your stay was a pleasant one. We take pride in delivering excellent customer service as well as maintaing a clean and safe hotel. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope that when you are in the Salisbury area again you will consider the Residence Inn by Marriott for your overnight accomodations.

Nags Head, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Conveniently located north of downtown Salisbury, this hotel is a typical Marriott property...well kept, pleasant staff and good location.

Everything was exceptionally clean and well looked after and the staff, especially the housekeeping staff, were friendly, pleasant and efficient. Breakfast, was exceptional for a free breakfast, and the eating area was spacious and also very well maintained. The coffee location was less than optimal, jammed in a corner, and I would move it if I were management since EVERYONE wants coffee first thing :-).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mike M, General Manager at Residence Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear haroldg48,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for leaving us such a positive review. We truly appreciate your business and take great pride in the fact that we provided you with such a pleasant stay. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while getting your morning coffee. As a daily coffee drinker myself, I can understand the frustration you experienced while waiting for that first cup of coffee in the morning. We have been evaluating the location of the coffee station and hope to find a better location shortly.
Thank you again for staying with us and I look forward to hopefully seeing you again at the hotel soon.

Kresgeville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

The staff at this hotel are excellent, among the best I have ever dealt with. I have to take my elderly mother with me on business travel and they accommodate every request. They have no problem allowing me to check in early or pick a room that works best for us. They even help my mom get back to her room when she gets lost, clearly not their job but greatly appreciated. The hotel is in good shape and offers many amenities, a great deal for the price. I would not stay anywhere else when I travel to this area, even paying over what I am reimbursed to stay here. It is also located in a good area close to everything. I like that the windows open too.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms in this hotel, it is a wooded setting all around. I would recommend not taki...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mike M, General Manager at Residence Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear Joanna M:

Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Residence Inn, we truly appreciate you staying with us. I am thrilled to hear that our staff went above and beyond to ensure you and your mother had a pleasant stay. I will be sure to share these comments with my staff. Our goal is to make you feel at home when you are staying with us and I am glad to hear we delivered on that goal. I hope that when you are in the Salisbury area again you will consider staying with Residence Inn and when you are hear I hope to get the opportunity to thank you personally.

Mike M.
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Hotel is well maintained. Staff at check-in/out was very fast and friendly. Location is ideal with several restaurants and shopping plaza across the road. Room was very spacious and the fireplace is a nice touch. Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear mdjohnson0819:

Thank you for your recent stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Salisbury. I am very pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and I appreciate you leaving us positive feedback with TripAdvisor. I hope that when you are in the Salisbury area again you will consider the Residence Inn, and I get the opportunity to thank you in person.

Mike M
Warren, Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

My family and I stayed here for one night while travelling south from New England to the Outer Banks. Positives were location and plenty of room for a family of five for a good rate. We had a suite with two rooms and three beds which was perfect. Check in was a breeze and we were fortunate being able to park around back and within steps of our room. A side positive was that we had our dog in the car and there is a good place to walk her just behind the hotel. Not a positive was the homeless camp in the woods right next to the hotel. Beds were OK, pillows the standard rubber you get in the chains.

Night was quiet which was a good thing because I don't think I have seen poorer construction on a building in my life. God help this facility in a tornado or hurricane. Doors, wall, everything is paper thin. But again, we were blessed with quiet neighbors.

Breakfast at the hotel was good and we appreciated there were a few items of real food - yogurt, bananas, walnuts (!), hard boiled eggs to go with the usual junk food on Styrofoam plates.

All in all a good hotel - not great, not horrible.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mike M, General Manager at Residence Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Berkbill:
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your most recent stay. I am very sorry to hear that the hotel overall and your stay was not a perfect one. We strive to provide a clean, quite, and comfortable hotel, with all the comforts of home, and it appears we did not live up to ours or your expectations. Thank you for sharing your concerns about the hotel, I will be certain to look into and correct if possible all of the points you mentioned. I hope when you are in the Salisbury area again, you will give us another try so we can regain your trust in our hotel. Thank you again and have a wonderful day.