“Best hotel I have ever been in my entire life”

Residence Inn Salisbury
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
delco,pa
“Best hotel I have ever been in my entire life”
Reviewed 28 September 2009

Let me say right off the bat, this was by FAR the BEST hotel I EVER stayed in. EVER! In fact it’s the ONLY hotel that I have ever stayed in that I didn’t have any major problems with it. I can admit, It wasn’t 100% perfect, but then what in this life in all fairness, IS! I feel I should mention that the only thing I found to be a problem was the toilet paper roll in the room was almost empty ( but a spare was under the sink).After a little research I’ve discovered the hotel was made circa 2007, but still, I am very surprised that it looked this good after 2 years of guests in it.

I reserved a Studio- King room (also came with a sofa bed but I didn’t check.) At $119, this was a steal. Front desk was very courteous and fast. The hotel lobby area was clean as a whistle. On the first floor there’s a room with computer w/ printer near the breakfast area. When I walked into my room, .my eyes lit up. The room was HUGE and this was supposed to be one of the smaller rooms (or so I heard) We simply couldn’t believe what we were getting with the room. It was the cleanest hotel room I have ever seen in my life.

The kitchen looked simply amazing. It had hardwood floors (looked clean enough to eat off of).It had a FULL size (not a small one) an actual FULL size refrigerator. (Yes this is no typo). The microwave was clean (they even give you a free microwave popcorn packet in the room!. The fridge, dishwasher, and microwave were all stainless steel as well with a real name brand (not cheap knock off).Like I said, we were amazed. For $119-anyone would be! It had a smooth top cooktop; it had bowls, glasses ,silverware a garbage disposal in the sink, and even a cutting board you can use- ALL CLEAN.The room alsot has a lounge chair, a sofa (bed), a 25in TV. All clean. The rugs were very clean as well. The lamps, furniture and countertops were all clean and beautiful.. The bed was very nice.- not to hard or soft. I was all just right. It had a beautiful runner at the bottom where your feet go. It had new clean sheets. This was the first time I felt actually ok sleeping with the comforter-It didn’t smell or look dirty at all. I was white which actually was a smart idea was because it proved it was clean. It has even an extra sheet on top between the runner and the comforter!
It has both wired and wireless internet access in the rooms; it even has a little USB charger in the wall so I can charge mP3 players. I wasn’t expected that. If I knew, I would have brought mp3 USB cord with me!

The bathroom was immaculate. Not a drop of dirt anywhere. great shower head with adjustable sprays. I gave the housekeeper a huge gratuity and wrote a thank you note just to show my appreciation.
The next morning we had the breakfast. There was a ton of food there.3 types of coffee, Tea, pork sausage, hash browns, batter to make waffles, donuts, scrambled eggs, 3 types of cereal, orange juice, fruit salad, as well as many other things to eat.The cooking staff kept refilling the food every 5 minutes. Everything was excellent. We were stuffed by the time we were finished breakfast. I wish I didn’t have to leave! I wish I lived there!
To sum in up I will repeat myself. One night= $ 119. (a 2 star price) .but as clean as and with enough amenities as at least a 4 star hotel ( only because I figure 5 star would be a suite at a major casino) This value cannot be beat. It’s nice to finally review a good hotel for a change here. I want to thank all of the reviewers who recommended this hotel to me. I loved it!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank matfromdelco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
virginia
Reviewed 27 April 2009

We have family in the Salisbury area and have stayed at several different hotels over the years. This was the best hotel we have stayed at by far! We were planning to use the Residence Inn hotel's for a future trip and were looking forward to staying here to see what they were like. I have read a lot of good things about the Residence Inn's and we were not disappointed. The hotel is only two years old and is in great shape and beautifully designed. The staff was very friendly and the complimentary breakfast was terrific. They even had a small basketball court outside that my girls and I enjoyed. We are looking forward to going back this summer and being able to enjoy the pool.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank go11denny
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 17 December 2008

My overnight stay at this hotel was excellent, particularly in light of the fact that I spent the same amount of money the night before on a Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza (north of Baltimore) that wasn’t nearly as nice as this Residence Inn. I was just passing through Salisbury on my way home. The staff was friendly, the room clean and cozy, and the hotel was within walking distance to decent restaurants. I ate at Zia’s, an Italian restaurant that was pretty good. Every time I stay in a Residence Inn, I wonder why I bother to stay in other hotels at all. This hotel sits just off the Salisbury bypass (and across from a mall), so it is convenient to everything.

• Liked — the room was excellent-cozy, comfy, large fridge, microwave, couch, etc..
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank RLTNH
South Jersey
Reviewed 20 October 2008

Had a very pleasant experience at this Marriott property.

Experienced difficulty finding the place. Called the hotel and the front desk person was very pleasant + helpful, both with the directions and during check-in.

Another writer was correct. You cannot see the sign from the highway and the place is tough to turn into from Rt. 13 N even with the light, especially at night, so be careful !

Spacious well maintained + clean suites. Bathroom was immaculate ! I guess you get what you pay for.

Breakfast was good. Staff did a good job of quickly refilling quickly disappearing items

Overall a very positive experience

• Liked — Quality + Location
  • Disliked — Watch the turn off into the hotel property off Rt. 13 North !
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Hookiss
Buena Vista township
Reviewed 5 September 2008

This is a clean, comfortable, friendly hotel whose rooms are like efficiency apartments: living room with couch that converts into a huge bed, well equipted kitchen, comfortable (king) bed with a zillion pillows, well lit dressing/bathing area. Would recommend it highly for family as well as for couple. It also has a working area with free internet service --wired or wireless. Cost with taxes was 211.68.
We stayed overnight here in route to Portsmouth where we stayed at the Marriott Renaissance Hotel on the Elizabeth River waterfront--- a full service resort/conference center hotel. The cost there with taxes was 202.27. Parking was an additional 10.00.
Again, the Residence Inn, Sailsbury is a great stay, pricey but a great stay.

• Liked — Comfort and access to shopping
  • Disliked — Pricey
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ConstableCustodian
Reviewed 25 June 2008

The rooms are fully equipped apartments, and the service is great. There's a pool, and it is in the middle of the shopping area.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank nveneno
Queensbury, NY
Reviewed 22 April 2008

We just happened to book this hotel due to the reasonable price and availability compared to the other hotels in the area. It seemed to be a brand new hotel. It was immaculate, the lobby was perfect,the room was fabulous! It is a completely smoke-free facility, too. The staff was friendly, courteous, and professional. The free hot breakfast was the icing on the cake. At this price, this hotel is an incredible bargain. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!

• Liked — Cleanliness, the room itself, and price
  • Disliked — ?