“avoid choice hotels international chain all together”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Reviewed 28 July 2011

choice hotels international is the worst hotel chain to have to deal with. For starters i book my reservation over the phone while heading to my destination Salisbury, MD. I could hardly understand the person taking my information cause he was foreign. After booking my room for two nights i thought i was good till i arrived, as it turned out, they booked my room for Seaford, DE. I tried to get my wrong reservation canceled and they wouldnt, even though it was their fault. I had to resort to calling my credit card company to refuse payment. Once I finally resolved that issue and checked in to the correct hotel I was woken up early in the morning by barking dogs...you heard me right....BARKING DOGS coming from the room next to me. I called the front desk and they told me they could do nothing "its a pet friendly hotel" they tell me. I ended up leaving the hotel an when i asked for a credit they refused. I shared my bad experience with the choice international hotel chain website and they never replied back. Do yourself a favor and avoid choice hotels international, these include COMFORT INN, COMFORT SUITES, QUALITY INN, SLEEP INN, CLARION, CAMBRIA SUITES, MAIN STAY SUITES, SUBURBAN, ECONO LODGE, ROADWAY INN, and finaly ASCEND COLLECTION HOTELS....this brand has no clue what customer service means to people, they will however allow pets roam free and wake everyone up as well as book you a room in some place other than where you plan to stay...its like having an airline lose your luggage.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank magnumxl2

Reviewed 12 July 2011

My wife and I began our trip from Vermont to Virginia with a stay at this Cofort Inn, I had read variuos reviews before choosing this hotel, I read some negative comments, but I found the staff helpful, the room clean, and the cost a little over $100/nt.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank VermontduoWindsor
Reviewed 27 September 2010

I've been a regular customer to this hotel for over a year now and I can say I have never had a bad experience. Sure, things aren't working sometimes but they are quickly remedied with one call to the front desk. The room is always clean and the staff is always friendly and helpful.

I recall one day I checked in to find the toilet seat slightly broken. I reported the problem to the front desk and in a very short period of time someone was there to fix the problem. They didn't try to fix the old seat, they brought a brand new toilet seat with them (without me asking) and installed the new one in minutes. To me that's customer service.

They seem to constantly updating the facilities and amenities. They have improved the exterior through landscaping and I noticed during my last visit they were installing new microwaves in the rooms.

I am a picky lodger but I find the Comfort Inn in Salisbury to be convenient, comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2010

We stayed at this location because it was cheaper than staying in Ocean City, MD. We returned to the hotel after dark, then settled in for bed. My son got up to go to the bathroom around 1:00AM, and discovered (2) bed bugs under the covers. They were actually found in both beds, and I believe they were coming from behind the headboard that's built into the wall! I complained to the lady at the front who didn't seem too surprised. She did switch our room in the middle of the night, and stated she'd leave the manager, Paul a message. I spoke with him in the morning, and he seemed to know nothing about the situation. In fact, he really didn't seem too concerned at all. He offered to give me a 20% discount, but this was unacceptable. After continuing to explain what an awful night I had, he finally decided to waive the fee. Very RUDE!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank aprilds30
Reviewed 31 August 2010

Checked the room before bringing anything in (lot of bedbug concerns lately). Motel is a mile north of the US50/13 bypass, right by all shopping, across a parking lot from an Applebees. Non-smoking double was 90 for Thursday and 130 for Sat, Sun. Maybe because it's all highway to Ocean City but we weren't there for the beach, so found that pricey. Liked the make-your-own-waffle for breakfast. Clean room, nearly 100 channels on cable, dog friendly with a Petsmart across the street. (Asked if a pet but didn't charge me extra unlike the Days Inn down the street). To nitpick they could have given us mouthwash in the bathroom and cleaned some rust on ceiling but it was still nice.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2010

My wife and I have stayed at this Comfort Inn at least two dozen times when going to and from the Outer Banks. It was not inexpensive, but it was pet friendly and the staff was generally nice. Over the years we watched a gradual decline in its maintenance and condition, but after not visiting for over two years we were shocked by the condition this summer. We arrived in the late afternoon and walked into a hallway lined with buckets to catch leaking water. A fan of some sort was blowing in the corridor to dry the rugs. There was a persistent musty/cleaning liquid smell. Doors to many rooms were open and dirty linens were piled in the hall. The room itself was not well cleaned, as evidenced by a gum wrapper on the bathroom floor. But the worst was yet to come. In the morning I discovered that the security doors were propped open to facilitate the drying process in the hallway. I complained to Comfort Inn corporate about this and bascially got flipped off--it is a franchise, blah, blah, blah. The franchise manager never bothered to contact me. In short, there are many new hotels in Salisbury now, so why stay here? Don't do it.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2010

The rooms really need to be updated and better quality on small appliances. Its deffinantly not a continential breakfast at all. Pet friendly and its smells like it too. It was far most the worst hotel for the price. Over price for the condition of the rooms. The staff was very friendly. I have used this hotel several times and have never had a room this nasty,the light cover in the hallway fell off, the bathroom fan was noisy, when using the toilet it move and thought i was going to fall off. The over all lighting of the room was not good either.I'm a native of Salisbury so i know it was over priced for the condition and location because it isn't anything in Salisbury. It's not a tourist trap like Ocean City.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple