“DISGUSTING DISGUSTING DISGUSTING!!!!”
Review of Days Inn Salisbury

Days Inn Salisbury
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Reviewed 23 August 2011

From the moment I stepped into the front office to check in I had an awful feeling about this hotel. The night clerk was just about as rude as one person could possibly get. He seemed as though he didn't even want to be there and that when I checked in it annoyed him to have to do any work whatsoever. The hotel room was disgusting. The carpet was brown and stained. The beds made me itch every morning when I woke up there was a new red mark on my arm or leg or back. The shower/tub was dirty. There was what looked like RAT feces in the corner of the hotel room by the sink. There were cigarette burns in the blankets and there was a HUGE Brown spider on my wall when I woke up Friday morning. I've done my research and found out that this spider is extremely poisonous and if it had bit me I would have suffered a severe bite and reaction possibly death!!!! There nats and flys in the room, I tried to get them out by opening the door but they wouldn't leave, must of been the rat feces that attracted them!!! I didn't take my shoes off the entire time because the carpet was disgusting. I truly think that the beds had bed bugs. The cleaing people didn't even change the sheets or blankets. I had the same cigarette burned blankets upon my return to the room. I sit here and ITCH just thinking about that room and the HORROR of it. The room smelled of urnine and mild dew. It was just the MOST DISGUSTING place I've ever stayed at in my life. I've posted the pictures I took of the hotel and reviewing it immediately so that NO ONE ever has experience what I experienced. This hotel should be condemned. I will NEVER stay at it again and I will advise others to stay away as well. It was cheap but that's not even a reason to EVER stay there again!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer W

Reviewed 20 August 2011

I booked two rooms here for $89 online. I was apprehensive from the reviews but decided to give it a shot anyway because the price was right and I needed two rooms. Big mistake. The smell in both rooms was awful. We fought flies all night long. There we're so many as if something had decomposed in both rooms. The shower had a dirt ring in the tub. The handles were falling out of the wall. The door to the bathroom was paper thin. The carpet didn't appear to have been cleaned EVER! We slept on top of the blankets because we found hair and specks of dirt on the sheets. We also showered in our swim shoes. The room was deplorable. If we needed the room more than one night I would have demanded my money back and went elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank tarikandj08
Reviewed 16 August 2011

it was nasty horrible do not waste your time and money here. there were flies in the window . the showers were not clean as soon as i walked in the room the smell knocked me out. i will give the hotel one star for it bieng cheap .there was a huge nasty spider in the bathroom. we asked for another room and it was worse than the first one!!!!!
DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2011

I did not mind the room, which we got for a great price. The bed was incredibly comfortable which surprised/shocked me. It was a little bit cramped in size, and a bit shabby around the edges. In a congested area on a major highway, so you basically needed to drive if you wanted to go across. My only REAL complaint is that when I checked under the bed for stray possessions upon checkout, I discovered a dog toy from a previous guest, and there were cobwebs on the lamp by the bed.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2011

I read some overwhelmingly bad reviews about this place. As such I was apprehensive about staying here. Thankfully I was wrong. It's not the Taj Mahal but it was clean, rather comfortable, and very affordable ($60.00 per night with internet booked reservations).

As far as the rates go let me clarify something here. I read that others complained about management not honoring previous rate quotes. Having previously worked in the hospitality industry I understand how hotels price their rooms. Rather you make the reservation online or via a toll-free number they have to honor those rates...on booked reservations only. If you reserve via the internet you'll get the cheapest rates. Booking via-the toll-free number your rates are going to be higher. If you book directly from the hotel itself they are likely to be even higher. Finally if you walk in right off the street without making prior reservations you are going to get what are called "rack rates" and are the highest rates they charge for that particular time frame.

So the lesson to be learned is, shop around, and when you find the lowest rate possible...book it! If you don't you can't expect to get the lowest available rate..

Room Tip: Book online for the cheapest possible rates.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank FiveMileBeach
Reviewed 17 April 2011

We have had decent luck with Days Inn in the past so we figured this hotel would be similar. Also, we were looking to stay in the Chincoteague area in a hotel that would accept pets. The exterior of the hotel seemed fine, although the pool was still filled to the regular level with water during the off season? When we opened the door to the room, it seemed fine but when we let our dog out of the crate he immediately ran underneath the bed and started trying to dig through the carpet. He continued to sniff around the room obsessively, digging in the corners and even on top of the bed. The air in the room was dank, there was a piece of paper taped to the wall which I guess was covering a hole, the bathroom was super tiny and the toilet seat was broken. The carpet wasn't wet but overall it just seemed dingy grimey and dirty. There were barely any electrical outlets in the room so we had to switch off between the lap top and the cell phone charger. The internet was weak, cutting off randomly and then not connecting again for awhile. This is the first hotel room I've reviewed and we've stayed in many hotels. If you're looking for shelter from the elements in an area with tons of fast food options, this is your hotel. Otherwise, I would not recommend it.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2010

My husband is a Wyndham employee we have stayed with the Days Inn in EHT, NJ beautiful property. So in making our reservations never read any reviews WHAT A MISTAKE!!!! Checked in late about 10:45pm my husband went in the room there was feces on the toilet seat hair in the tuband the rugs were disgustingly filthy. Being in the Hotel Business we understand mistakes can happen. Went back to the desk Clerk didn't have a clue , he was asked to move us an to please inspect the room so we would not walk in on another dirty room. We were told that wasn't his job. My husband went into the next room the blanket was stained and ripped, carpet filthy and dead bugs and dust behind the furniture an on the furniture. Needless to say we had to find another Hotel at almost 11 pm at night. When I called the following morning to let the GM of the Days Inn know Charles the MOD didn't know when the GM wouls be in said he would call us back to which none of that happened. This is probably why the place is so disgusting there is nobody watching the store.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple