“Very very poorly ran hotel! ! Management will lie straight to your face!”
Review of Days Inn Salisbury

Days Inn Salisbury
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Booked this hotel for our vacation to Ocean City Maryland through Expedia. Their website says pets are aloud at an additional price of $10 PER pet per night, called the hotel 3 days before our visit to make sure there wasn't any rules on what breed of dog or how many I was bringing just to make sure I didn't need to find a pet sitter. The lady I talked to said she needed to call her general manager to make sure. She called me back a few minutes later and told me they don't descriminate on animal breeds and told me I could bring all 3 of my dogs with me and that she would put it in the computer. After driving 6 and a half hours I arrived early and was told by THE LADY at the front desk counting her drawer that I couldn't check in yet because they were still cleaning the rooms. I walked outside with the dogs in 100+ degree heat only to return to a man at the desk (same man that pulled in minutes earlier and gave a very hateful look to my dogs, assuming because of them being pitbulls? A general manager I think) be told (very rudely) I wasn't aloud to check in because I had 3 dogs. After explaining to him about me calling 3 days earlier to confirm their rules for pets he lied straight to my face and told me that I couldn't have talked to a woman because only men work at that hotel (even though there was a WOMAN working when I arrived) I then told him the number I called 3 days earlier and he confirmed it was the correct number and then told me I needed to call Expedia about a new hotel because "I was not staying at this hotel" I called Expedia and they then called the hotel and was told the hotel would not refund my money ($300) because I had a non refundable reservation. I had to threaten filing a law suit and calling bbb before I got a refund.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Zack071390
Charles B, General Manager at Days Inn Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Sir management didn't lie to you as you never talked to me. My name is Charlie and I'm the General Manager of the Days Inn of Salisbury. What I do know of this situation is you called and asked if we had any pet rules and she told you no. Which we don't have pet rules, however you never asked if there is a limit to how many dogs you can have in a room. If you had asked that you would of been told we wouldn't allow three dogs in a 500 sq. foot room. I'm sorry for this lack of communication but even your reservation which was prepaid didn't state anything about three dogs and if it had someone from our hotel would of contacted you and told you three dogs can't be accommodated.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Needed a place to stay and rest before leaving the east coast and this was the first place I saw. Guy behind the counter got me checked in quickly and was able to accommodate my request for a first floor room. Felt secure enough to park my motorcycle in front of my room.

The room I found clean and comfortable for what I expect. I spent the day there just resting and making sure my bike was road ready so was able to chat with housekeeping as they made their rounds. Friendly gal offered suggestions on dining in town and gave directions to where I needed to go.

Checked out too early for breakfast (11pm) but had grabbed some juice earlier. Saw only a simple selection of cereal and toast.

All in all, I had a good rest in a quiet room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Charles B, General Manager at Days Inn Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Wanted to say Thank you for the nice review. We appreciate your business and we would like to give you a token of appreciation. Please email me at Charlie@mnrhotel.com

Charles E. Briddell III
General Manager Days Inn of Salisbury

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Our first room was in the back facing an ugly lot. The door had been kicked in and not fixed. Also, there was no deadbolt or security chain. We put our son's wheelchair against the door for some security. The mattresses and bedsprings were stained brown and the room full of flies.
The manager promised we'd get a better room for the next night (though I would have left if I hadn't already paid).
The next day, there was a power surge and the computer went down, so we waited 45 minutes to be assigned to another room. This one faced the pool and the door was secure, but there was a huge wet spot between the bed and bathroom wall that smelled like cat pee! When the maintenance guy checked it, he said that someone must have spilled "water" and to put towels on it. He said there was nothing he could do about the smell.
We were so stressed over all this, it ruined our time there.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
1  Thank Terry G
Reviewed 23 June 2014

2 night stay for basketball tournament. moldy dirty outdated smelly breakfast was a joke rude service, the whole team ended up leaving and going to another hotel even though they lost $ on this hotel location was 30 minutes from attractions. didn not even attempt to use the pool

Room Tip: go to another hotel
1  Thank zanyce
Reviewed 22 June 2014

don't stay there. We checked in as a whole basketball team playing in a tournament for two nights and all checked out after one. Musty, bugs, not clean. Funny when we said we where going to check out early they didn't seem surprised. Pitch a tent instead.

Room Tip: pick different hotel
Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family