“Horrible”
Review of Days Inn Salisbury

Days Inn Salisbury
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This motel is dirty and run down. There was a lot of mold on the shower curtain which should be an easy fix. The dressers were broken and carpet was dirty. The whole place needs to be deep cleaned and refurbished.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Salisbury

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

This was by far the WORST most disgusting place I've ever booked! Believe ALL the reviews of horror - they are accurate! If I could give it a negative 5 stars- I would!!! Showed up early and was told to wait a few hours for staff to clean and prepare our room. Waited 8 HOURS and returned to find that the room wasn't cleaned at ALL! Room smelled of mildew & like cat urine, Dirt, black and green stains on ALL 6 pillows, BUGS everywhere, white "stains" on chairs with various sized hairs found IN the beds! Only flat sheets on the beds, HOLES in the sheets and blankets! Stains on the mattreses! left over food found in room, dirty uncleaned sinks, urine in toilet bowl..... Staff had ME check 2 other rooms because he was there alone. .found broken AC, holes in walls, water stains on ceiling that appeared ready to cave in. .. And White FUZZY Mold? Growing on and IN the AC of the 3rd room! Honestly, I can go even further but I'm sure by now you get the picture! We couldn't pack our bags fast enough to get out of there!!! I STRONGLY suggest you look elsewhere! I'm all for a vacation in a dime / budget but this place just needs to be shut down!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Charles B, General Manager at Days Inn Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

I'm so sorry for your unpleasant experience. My name is Charlie Briddell and I'm the GM of the Days Inn. While we are working our hardest to renovate it doesn't excuse when our guest our unhappy. Please email me personally as I'm not familiar with your information. I would also love for you to tell me all your complaints personally so I can make sure they are fixed.

Days Inn of Salisbury

Reviewed 3 July 2014

If I could give this review 0 stars I would. The only nice thing to say about this place is it had great water pressure and hot water. When we arrived, there was a man with a snake around his neck, stalking up and down the sidewalk in front of our room. As we worked to unload our car, he made a point to walk around the car and look at the license plate then started to ask us what part of PA we were from. We have a 5 year old daughter and this made us even more uncomfortable. After we had everything in and closed the door, he then pulled a chair from his room, several rooms down from us, to sit in front of our door. When we called the front desk, we were told there was nothing they could do since he wasn't causing an issue.
Next, the room was dirty, very dirty, and full of flies. The paint above the tub was bulging and water stained. There was cracks in the ceiling above the beds. The box springs were stained and torn.
The swimming pool is a inciden waiting to happen. The depth is incorrectly marked, starting with the 3ft area, my daughter (who is tall for her age) couldn't stand anywhere other than the steps. In our pool at home she can play in the 3-4 ft depth. The floor of the pool was very badly sloped, from side to side.
I booked this room through Priceline, when I called them for help they was able to get the manager to offer a new room or refund. However, the new room was just as bad and the refund could have taken up to 5 business days. We traveled on a budget and couldn't afford another room without a faster refund, so we were stuck in the room. I will never stay at another Days Inn hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rblackburn1985

I'm sorry for any problems during your stay. We appreciate you words and we will be taking care of anything that is wrong immediately.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Booked this hotel for our vacation to Ocean City Maryland through Expedia. Their website says pets are aloud at an additional price of $10 PER pet per night, called the hotel 3 days before our visit to make sure there wasn't any rules on what breed of dog or how many I was bringing just to make sure I didn't need to find a pet sitter. The lady I talked to said she needed to call her general manager to make sure. She called me back a few minutes later and told me they don't descriminate on animal breeds and told me I could bring all 3 of my dogs with me and that she would put it in the computer. After driving 6 and a half hours I arrived early and was told by THE LADY at the front desk counting her drawer that I couldn't check in yet because they were still cleaning the rooms. I walked outside with the dogs in 100+ degree heat only to return to a man at the desk (same man that pulled in minutes earlier and gave a very hateful look to my dogs, assuming because of them being pitbulls? A general manager I think) be told (very rudely) I wasn't aloud to check in because I had 3 dogs. After explaining to him about me calling 3 days earlier to confirm their rules for pets he lied straight to my face and told me that I couldn't have talked to a woman because only men work at that hotel (even though there was a WOMAN working when I arrived) I then told him the number I called 3 days earlier and he confirmed it was the correct number and then told me I needed to call Expedia about a new hotel because "I was not staying at this hotel" I called Expedia and they then called the hotel and was told the hotel would not refund my money ($300) because I had a non refundable reservation. I had to threaten filing a law suit and calling bbb before I got a refund.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Zack071390
Charles B, General Manager at Days Inn Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Sir management didn't lie to you as you never talked to me. My name is Charlie and I'm the General Manager of the Days Inn of Salisbury. What I do know of this situation is you called and asked if we had any pet rules and she told you no. Which we don't have pet rules, however you never asked if there is a limit to how many dogs you can have in a room. If you had asked that you would of been told we wouldn't allow three dogs in a 500 sq. foot room. I'm sorry for this lack of communication but even your reservation which was prepaid didn't state anything about three dogs and if it had someone from our hotel would of contacted you and told you three dogs can't be accommodated.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Needed a place to stay and rest before leaving the east coast and this was the first place I saw. Guy behind the counter got me checked in quickly and was able to accommodate my request for a first floor room. Felt secure enough to park my motorcycle in front of my room.

The room I found clean and comfortable for what I expect. I spent the day there just resting and making sure my bike was road ready so was able to chat with housekeeping as they made their rounds. Friendly gal offered suggestions on dining in town and gave directions to where I needed to go.

Checked out too early for breakfast (11pm) but had grabbed some juice earlier. Saw only a simple selection of cereal and toast.

All in all, I had a good rest in a quiet room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Wanted to say Thank you for the nice review. We appreciate your business and we would like to give you a token of appreciation. Please email me at Charlie@mnrhotel.com

General Manager Days Inn of Salisbury

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Our first room was in the back facing an ugly lot. The door had been kicked in and not fixed. Also, there was no deadbolt or security chain. We put our son's wheelchair against the door for some security. The mattresses and bedsprings were stained brown and the room full of flies.
The manager promised we'd get a better room for the next night (though I would have left if I hadn't already paid).
The next day, there was a power surge and the computer went down, so we waited 45 minutes to be assigned to another room. This one faced the pool and the door was secure, but there was a huge wet spot between the bed and bathroom wall that smelled like cat pee! When the maintenance guy checked it, he said that someone must have spilled "water" and to put towels on it. He said there was nothing he could do about the smell.
We were so stressed over all this, it ruined our time there.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family