“Cheated charge me for no service”
Review of Motel 6 Salisbury

Motel 6 Salisbury
Motel 6 Salisbury
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I booked a room on labor day weekend on-line. I walked in the front door 10 mins later. The desk clerk told me it was all booked and no rooms available. I told him I just booked online and that I did not get that warning. He didn't ask for my reservation # and did not ask me to cancel. He let me walk out . The next day they charged me the whole amount of staying there. I never even seen the room. The owner is rude and cheap ignorant with no sense of customer service. He would not even listen to any complaints. I deserve my refund.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay there !!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Nik C

Reviewed 16 July 2012

This was just a quick nap-break for me on a road trip. Turned out to be less than that. The room was not even Motel 6 quality. Torn up carpet, non-fitted sheets, a very long hair on a pillow, and three VERY annoying flies that periodically landed on me insured that I would not be successful in napping.

Should suffice to say that spending the extra $40 to go somewhere else would be worth it.

AVOID this place.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank tim t
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Very helpful staff. Comfortable rooms. Clean hotel. Can be noisy on weekends. Recommended.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Staff messed up our booking 3 times had to have a repersenative from corp. call to book for us because the front desk clerk said "I dont know how to do it call back tomorrow" then hung up refused to let us speak to a manager. Kicked us out after 2 nights after briefly leaving our dog unattended, which we were never informed we could not do infact we were told it was fine unless the maid is cleaning. They told us to leave at 11 pm at night which was ridiculous so we convinced them to let us stay untill the morning but they tried tricking us and changing the key so we were locked out. After we finally got back in we threatened to call corp to file a complaint and they disconected our phone so we couldnt. The sickest part was the desk clerk found all our frustration to be amusing. After going to collect the money from the nights we didnt spend there, in the morning the clerk changed the rate 3 times trying to charge us more. Funny thing was there was a couple behind us screaming at him for doing the same exact thing. I kid you not there was a line of people behind us making compliants. After getting a recipt for the money we were suppossed to be refunded the manager walks in however was no were to be found previously and was even RUDER then the desk clerk he screamed in our face the whole time and after we were already given the recipt he printed out a new recipt and charged us an extra 20 dollars. (changing the rate yet again) i asked him why he thought he could do that and he replied "I manager i do what i want" Thats why its so funny to read his replies back to people on this site apologizing to them for their awful stay. Obviously he nedded the money more then we did so instead of sitting there all day and arguing with him i just disputed it and put a hold on the payment with my credit card. I would rather stay in a water filled ditch with gnats eating my eyelids all night then ever stay here again. Oh and i took your soap.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank jp82808
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Look, I can't blame the motel. It is what it is - with the lowest price in the area of the "chain" motels (you could probably go to a cheaper local one but from the looks of them they were worse).

I stayed there one night (not even), literally to snooze between destinations. Needless to say, if I were staying more than a few hours, I would have chosen something else. Frankly, next time I head that way I will choose something else even for one night.

It's not exactly dirty, just...not very well maintained, I guess. They certainly washed the floors in the bathroom. To the point that my shoes stuck to it when I went in.

Needless to say, I skipped the shower in the morning. Figured I'd take one as soon as I check into my next motel (which is a favorite).

If you don't plan on STAYING staying, it's an ok-ish stop between two destinations. Plan on eating out, as you'll likely NOT want to spend time in your room unless you absolutely have to.

I have nothing bad to say about the staff or the location or even the motel.

You get exactly what you pay for.

EXACTLY.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank CoolYule
George P, Manager at Motel 6 Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2012

It is very unfortunate for us as our best efforts are made to fell our guest as ' home away from home' , such situations are still unavoidable that guest may not like this, but as from negative reviews , it is our good chance to improvise. We are extremely sorry to hear that due to our house keeping staff, you have to end up in such a bad condition but from now on we will double check our rooms even after it is cleaned by one our experienced housekeeper , we promise that this will not happen in future and for your next summer trip we are completely ready to make to you fell better.

truly apologize for your inconvenience and we will try to satisfy 100%

Have a lovely day
Manager, Motel 6

Reviewed 9 August 2011

We were turned down a stay because of our dog (a medium size dog, 35 lbs). The desk in the lobby carries the "Pet Policy" flyer in view and when my husband showed this to the guy behind the desk we were still refused a room. We have stayed in this hotel when it was a super 8 and never had any problems in past. We were highly disappointed and outraged at the service (or lack thereof) that we received. Needless to say we will not be recommending this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Do not try to make a reservation if you have a pet traveling with you
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Kayluvs

I am very sorry to hear that you turned down Stay at motel 6, but as a Manager,i will follow up some details regarding our pet policy:

- If we Consider that your pet may posses some disease or if it can harm out guest in any other way, then we are totally responsible for any inconvenience and As a Business Owner we are allowed to make decisions that may harm out guest in any way.

- For our Customer's convenience , we offer weekly rates too, but for Weekly Rates , Unfortunately we do not allow Pet, It's for our convenience of our housekeeper staff.

All in all , sir/madam, we are sorry to hear that form you but we will definitely try to minimize your troubles and maximize your pleasure.

Have a Lovely day,

Manager,Motel 6

Reviewed 10 August 2010

For one the front desk lady was nasty and shouldnt be working there! she didnt think me and my boyfriend were old enough to stay there we were both 22 and she got nasty and say " are you guys 21 in a nasty way". Then we got there to check in at 2 and are room wasnt done she gave us our room keys and said " I dont know if your room done" well why didnt she just get up and check!! We waited a hour to get into our room. the room was ok the floor was clean. we didnt even go to breakfast beacuse the space was big and the food wasnt good. i wont let anyone i know stay here. i wouldnt recommend this hotel to anyone not even someone i hated. Super 8 needs to fired the front desk lady and get a new one!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank misscaryn22

Truly Apologize from our staff as after your Complain we fired that old lady - as we got so many complaint from other guest too, WE WILL NOT TOLERATE ANY KIND OF MISBEHAVIOR OR EVEN A RUDE BEHAVIOR FROM OUR STAFF, we are extremely sorry that you had a bad experience but as we are under new management, you will not except same behavior from our newly trained staff

Sorry to hear that from you, As we try to give best service as we can, but sometimes in these situations we are unable to avoid such circumstances that harm our guest in this or any way.

Have a lovely day, please come again

Manager,Motel 6