“We Count On Hampton”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Bethlehem, United States
“We Count On Hampton”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We have come to rely on "Hampton" locations given our experience with quality service, locations, rooms, and complimentary breakfasts. We also appreciate their locations that are "pet friendly" since we usually travel with our pet.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear James K:

Thank you for staying at our facility and reviewing the property. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and I want to tahnk you for your loyalty to the Hampton Brand. Please visit us again on your next trip into town and of course, bring your pet(s).

Tom Farina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
New Hampshire
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Clean, comfortable and pet friendly. Just what we were looking for on our way from NH to OBX. Will definitely stay here again in our travels. Overall a good value. AAA rate was $113. We have paid less at other hotel chains, but feel that you get what you pay for really applies to pet friendly accommodations. Linens & comforters were very clean & fresh. Beds were comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear ShedinNH:

Thank you for taing the time to reveiw our facility. I am pleased to hear that you were happy with the accomodations and that your faithful pet enjoyed it as well. the beds are very comfortable and if you enjoyed them that much, you can purchase the mattresses and bedding for your home. I just wanted to let you know that our rates to fluctuate from time to time as do other hotels so there will be a difference on every visit. I hope to see you again on your next road trip.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 October 2013

No major problems here. Rooms were neat and clean so was the bathroom area. Slightly over priced by just 10-15 bucks. Only problem was the refrig. It was not plugged in and the wife wanted to keep her drink cold. So she managed to plug it in. In the middle of the night I figured out why it was unplugged. It was very loud! Other then that no problems, I'd stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay. I am sorry the refrigerator was unplugged but then made loud noises. Sometimes these things happen and we are not aware until we are told so I will make sure the Maintenance team are triple checking all of the units. Thank you again and we will see you again on your next trip.

Rochester, New York
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Wonderful, clean accommodations for myself and my wife along with our little dog. Perfect location and the perfect halfway point between upstate New York and the Outer Banks N.C. Our room was clean, linens fresh and very accommodating.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you and your wife, and your dog had a great time. I will make sure my team is aware of the review and how our guests feel. Thank you again.

Willow Grove, PA
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My husband and I had a delightful stay at this hotel last weekend.
We were going to an open house in Delmar and wanted to visit St. Michaels while we were in the area. This was the perfect choice for both.
The room was pleasant, the beds extremely comfortable, the staff very friendly and accommodating.
Breakfast buffet had hot and cold choices and something for everyone.
After a wonderful open house, we relaxed, slept well and had a drive to the joys of St. michaels about an hour away.
We would recommend the Hampton Inn highly.

Room Tip: Our room was right to the left of the lobby on the first floor. Convenient to the breakfast room and...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Dear Virginia G:

Thank you for taking the time to review our facility. I am very pleased to hear that we have exceeded your expectations and demonstrated our Hamptonality. I have forwarded your review to the team who are very glad to hear what a great job they are doing. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Westminster, Maryland
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I would definitely stay here again. Ocean City is about a half hour's drive from this Hampton Inn. If you're planning a trip to OC and willing to drive a little, you can more than likely save money by staying here in Salisbury instead of OC. The hotel is in a great location just off of US50 and US13.

My wife was here on a business trip for a weekend event at the Wicomico Civic Center, which is less than 10 minutes' drive from this hotel. I tagged along for a mini-vacation/weekend.

We had a clean and comfortable room on the second floor, close to the main entrance, with king-size bed and sofa bed. The room had a small microwave and a fridge. All rooms are non-smoking rooms.

The service was excellent and the staff were always courteous and accommodating.

The hotel is very clean. Dogs are welcome with no additional pet fees. There are ample grassy areas on the conference center side of the hotel and also behind the hotel which were sufficient to walk our dogs. One minor issue is that the exit stairway doors are exit only, you must re-enter the hotel from the main lobby doors -- this was a slight problem in that our dogs tend to get excited and bark loudly at new people, who can often be found in a hotel lobby. Perhaps the hotel should consider putting room key access readers on the outside stairway doors (and repair the existing reader on the main lobby door).

There is a substantial hot and cold buffet breakfast included (6a-10a every day, separate buffet area and dining room off the main lobby) which was more than the breakfast offerings I am used to seeing at this class of hotel. Breakfast included cereals, oatmeal, juices, fruit, assorted muffins/pastries, bagels and English muffins, scrambled eggs, sausage, pre-made omelets, french toast sticks, and make-your-own waffles. Hot item offerings change daily. Complimentary coffee and tea are available in the lobby 24x7; there was also a single-cup coffee maker in the room. Additionally, there are several chain and quick-service restaurants within walking distance (Bob Evans, Golden Corral) or a very short drive (Outback, Longhorn, Applebee's, Chipotle, and others).

The hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub, both of which were quite crowded with families and noisy children at night but almost empty and private during the day. The gym/weight room and the game room (2 pool tables and one or two video games) are also in the pool/hot tub area, which is accessible with your room key. If noisy children bother you, try to avoid room 100 (which is right next to the pool) and lower numbered first floor rooms near the pool.

One small negative was at night, there were college-aged kids smoking and openly drinking beer just outside the front entrance. They were loud enough to interfere with sleep. Management might want to attempt to control this.

Overall, I will definitely stay here again if my travels take me to this area.

Room Tip: If noisy children bother you, try to avoid room 100 (which is right next to the pool) and lower numb...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear tckma:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to see we have exceeded your expectations. Thank you for advertising our amenities and such. It will definitely help future guests to know exactly what we have to offer. I apologize for the disturbance from the college kids outside. I will definitely make it a point to make sure the management and team take control of the situation if it happens again in the future. Once again thank you and I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Salisbury.

Safe Travels
Horsham, United States
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Overall the staff here sold me on coming back here if I am in the area again. Having messed up my online reservation I was assisted by the counter agent and was able to cancel the original reservation and still obtain a room for that night.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Dear Joseph G:

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on your last stay. I apologize for the error made with your reservation online but I am glad to hear that the staff had taken care of it upon your arrival. If you use the online system in the future, definitely call to confirm your reservations at least a week prior so that we can ensure your reservation is accurate when you come to check in. Thank you again and I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Salisbury.

Safe Travels
Tom Farina
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salisbury
Sleep Inn Salisbury
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salisbury
Hampton Inn & Suites Salisbury/Fruitland

Been to Hampton Inn Salisbury? Share your experiences!