Hampton Inn Salisbury
Residence Inn Salisbury(Salisbury)
US$150
US$133
Residence Inn
All reviewsfront deskgolden corralocean cityroom was cleanpool areabreakfast staffbob evansrestaurants and shoppingthe outer banksvery nice staycomplimentary breakfastshort drivewill stay there againa pet friendly hoteleastern shorewafflesstaff was friendly
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Upon entering my room there was a damp and moldy smell. The lobby had a nasty smell as well. But back to my room, there was a dead bug in the bathroom and the toilet seat was dirty. There were ants in the room and the tv remote didn't work. In addition, the light bulb in the lamp needed to be replaced. I felt itchy the first night but brushed it off. The second night my 6 year old daughter and I itched all night. On Sunday morning I inspected the bed, covers and sheets and found some brown stains and a blood stain on the duvet. Lastly, there was what appeared to be mold in the bathroom. Since returning home my daughter's skin and mine is still itching as well as I have been having trouble with my asthma since. Upon check out I spoke to the front desk person Julia. I showed Julia the pictures I had taken with my phone and at her request I emailed them to her. She was very apologetic and said they would rectify the situation with a full refund. She said the manager had to approve my refund and issue it since I paid in cash (I left a credit card for incidentals). I have tried numerous times to reach the manager Tom Farina. When being transferred to his extension either there's no answer or I get a message that I have reached a non-working extension. I have called and asked to speak to Mr. Farina and I have left my phone number with a request for Mr. Farina to call me. It has been 3 days (in a couple of hours will be 4 days) since I checked out and logged a complaint and Mr. Farina still has not called me or try to offer any resolution. He sent me an email yesterday saying that he was waiting to speak to the employees. However, if I checked out on Sunday and today is Wednesday night, almost Thursday I'm sure each employee that was aware of the situation has been at work. To add insult to injury, I signed up some time ago to be an Honors member and they have my membership number mixed up with another person. I have always had positive experiences with Hampton Inn in the past in other states. But this Hampton Inn in Salisbury was the absolute worst!! I am hoping to receive some sort of resolution soon. I will post pictures.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Michele O
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear Michele O:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay. As in previous communication we had, I once again apologize for the mis-communication bewtween us and for the entire stay.

Sincerely

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel. I was very impressed with everything, EXCEPT the pool/fitness area. Our room was very clean and comfortable. I slept great on the mattress, which is unusual for me. The staff was friendly and helpful, the breakfast was wonderful, with many choices of food. The pool however was unswimmable because someone had thrown-up in it and not reported it (so it was open, but we could clearly see that the water was disgusting and we wouldn't let our son swim--which didn't go over very well). Upon checkout the next morning I discussed the issue with the manager and he addressed the matter to my satisfaction.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Teresa M:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our facility. I am pleased to hear that overall your stay was a good one. I am so sorry about the situation with the pool. If it is not reported, we are unable to take care of it right away. I understand how upsetting it is that you would not be able to swim due to the circumstances. I am greatful to hear that the manager on duty did take care of the situation to your satisfaction. I hope to see you again on your next trip to Salisbury when you would be able to enjoy the use of the pool.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Great clean hotel. Friendly accommodating staff, great breakfast bar includes waffles eggs and Canadian bacon. Room rate was good,
Would be very happy to stay there again
Just over the Virginia border and east to find at night.

Room Tip: book in advance even the day before
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Ron J:

Thank you for taking the time to review our facility. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay including our breakfast. Look for some changes to come in 2014. Thank you again and I look forward to your next visit.

Safe Travels

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed during Nationals and the hotel was very nice. Clean and kept nice. I would recommend. Close to restaurants and shopping. Right off main roads to shopping, beaches and fields. Rooms were nice and had free wifi.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Keith B:

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure to pass this review along to the team. Thank you again and see you on your next trip.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

My stays at all of the Hampton Inns have been very pleasant experiences. The cleanliness of the rooms and the hotels in general have been superior. The friendly and very helpful staff members are the reason that the hotels shine. My daughter is attending Salisbury University in Maryland and my Hampton Inn stays were delightful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Thank Wilfred T. P

Dear Wilfred TP:

Thank you for taking the time to review our facility. I am very pleased to hear that you had a great time and that you enjoyed our clean rooms and friendly staff. I look forward to your next visit to our hotel and thank you for your loyalty.