“Fun, exciting and well organized”

Terrapin Adventures
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Savage
More attraction details
Owner description: Clip in and take off on a unique outdoor adventure. Soar through the air and defy gravity! Launch your adventure by scaling one of the 12 routes of our Terrapin Tower. Conquer all 25 of our Terrapin High and Low Challenge Course Elements. Experience 2 G's of force on our Giant Swing. Enjoy the thrill of gliding through the forest canopy on our Zip Line. We call it no sweat adrenaline! You will call it A Blast!Join us for:Team Building, Parties for adults or kids, a fun day with family or friends, kayak tours, kayak rentals, mountain biking, bike tours, bike rentals, river tubing and more...Challenging outdoor activities for anyone 8-80. Come with your friends or family, singles groups, classmates, scouts, religious organizations or co-workers. Celebrate a great event or a beautiful day.
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I was fortunate enough to go with my middle school to Terrapin Adventures at the end of the school year. The 8th graders had an excellent time, many did activities that I really don't think they would otherwise have the opportunity to do.

We enjoyed the rock climbing wall (all 4 sides), the large 3 person swing (perhaps the best thrill), and the 3 story rope tower.

The zipline was a bit short with not much change in elevation.

Rob, our guide, was excellent at team building activities for our students. They played different games and did other activities in addition to the ones listed above, such as Tanks and Commanders - where one person out of a pair is blindfolded, the other person gives direction for the blindfoldee to get balls on the ground in order to throw them at other people who are also blindfolded. Get hit, you are out.

Very fun day. I do not know how much we paid so I cannot speak to the monetary value, but we had an excellent time. My only real critique is that the staff was stingy with the pizza for lunch for non-students, and the restaurants/cafe's inside of the main building were very expensive.

I recently visited North Bay and I rank Terrapin Adventures better for organization, team building, everything except for zipline (North Bay's was better).

1  Thank DoctorDisco

Reviewed 9 August 2012

My husband wanted an adventure for his 40th...so a group of friends headed to Terrapin Adventures for the all day adventure package. As a fellow small business owner, I was so pleasantly surprised by the oline experience, the facilities and the staff. It is clear that lots of thought went in to how to create a place that was safe, fun and adventurous. The high ropes, the zip line, the giant swing and the climbing wall, all brought a different sort of challenge. The owner was actually our guide for part of the day and meeting him helps you understand why the culture of the staff is as it is. Dedicated to safety, committed to fun and ready to help you enjoy your adventure. If you make an effort to choose a time that is not overcrowded...You won't be disappointed.

And don't forget the giant swing...it's absolutely unique!!

Reviewed 7 August 2012

We were looking for something adventurous to do on our way back home to Jersey from DC and we came across Terrapin Adventures. The best part is they actually had stuff my daughter could do! Many places have a weight restrictions that start much higher and she is small for her age so she can't do the zip-lines at most places. You must be at least 60 pounds to ride here. I believe their max weight is higher here as well offering adventure to a broader group of thrill seekers. I had checked the website the night before and there were openings all day long for all of the adventures. I thought we would have no problem doing everything we wanted to but upon arrival we learned that everything had booked up and most of the courses were out of the question. Bummer :( It was my daughters 9th birthday and she has just spent the weekend in DC at a conference helping out and i really wanted this day to be exciting and special for her. The girl at the desk called the manager to see if there was availability for us on the zip-line and it turns out there was. That was the main thing she wanted to do anyway. We are constantly keeping an eye out for places that she can zip-line ever since her first ride 2 years ago in NH. To get to the zip-line here there is an added element. You must first walk across a wire to get to the zip-line platform. This kinda made up for us not being about to do any of the other adventures. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Although I have zip-lined before you would have thought it was my first time. I was okay crossing the wire but once got on the zip-line platform I froze. I love doing this but I always have that moment where I think... is this really going to hold me? The staff was very helpful with encouraging me to take that "step off" ... I thought I'd have to ask him to push me off lol Once off the platform I loved the ride and was ready for round 2 . It was great! We wish we could have tried more but we loved what we did get to do. The giant swing looks like a lot of fun but my daughter was too small for that, so we didn't even bother asking. My advise is if you are going here book early so you don't get disappointed when you arrive and find out everything is booked for the day. Even if it appears like they have plenty of availability, apparently that can change very fast. It happened to us. I figured at most we may need to wait a bit but we were okay with that. I never expected to find out everything was closed. So much fun. I am sure we will be back.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

My friend and I are always looking for a good adventure, so when we discovered Terrapin we immediately booked our reservations. I'd been on courses like this before, but what set this one apart was a very entertaining staff. From the moment we walked in we were greeted well and the jokes kept flying. We were there on a very busy day, the morning crew was finishing with a group of 80 people, but I never felt that we didn't get the attention we deserved. We started on the high course, moved to the tower and finished on the zip line and swing. We were in a group of 10 and by the end of the day we were no longer strangers. The staff kept us entertained when we had to wait and even though it was obvious they were hungry, hot and tired, they made sure we had fun. At the zip line, they kept us entertained by telling riddles which I'm pretty sure is not part of their staff training, but made standing in line a good time. Thank you Tony, Jesse and everyone else that was working on a hot, busy day and still made sure we had a great time!

Reviewed 18 June 2012 via mobile

I took my best friend to Terrapin Adventures for her 30th birthday. We did the adventure package which included the zip line, climbing tower, high ropes course and the giant swing. It poured the day we went and we still had a blast. The thing I loved about the adventure package was that you had four hours to do what you wanted to. We rode the giant swing 5 times!!! The staff were all so friendly. For $79 a person it was definitely worth it! It was great to be able to spend more time in at a certain adventure if we wanted to. You must try the Giant Swing and Leap of Faith!!