“Fun for the entire family” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Terrapin Adventures

Terrapin Adventures
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Savage
More attraction details
Owner description: Clip in and take off on a unique outdoor adventure. Soar through the air and defy gravity! Launch your adventure by scaling one of the 12 routes of our Terrapin Tower. Conquer all 25 of our Terrapin High and Low Challenge Course Elements. Experience 2 G's of force on our Giant Swing. Enjoy the thrill of gliding through the forest canopy on our Zip Line. We call it no sweat adrenaline! You will call it A Blast!Join us for:Team Building, Parties for adults or kids, a fun day with family or friends, kayak tours, kayak rentals, mountain biking, bike tours, bike rentals, river tubing and more...Challenging outdoor activities for anyone 8-80. Come with your friends or family, singles groups, classmates, scouts, religious organizations or co-workers. Celebrate a great event or a beautiful day.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fun for the entire family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Instead of fighting the crowds this Memorial Day weekend in DC or the Inner Harbor we visited Terrapin Adventures in Savage MD and a fun time was had by the entire family. Mom and Dad as well as our 13 and ten year olds enjoyed the zipline adventure as well as the large "swing".

Having done ziplining in the past the zip line was fun but certainly more entry level than those we have done in the Smoky Mountains. The swing was a tremendous attraction which stirred up my stomach with its tantalizing slow climb to the top and g force plummet to the bottom. I may not get the guts to do that ne again.

Very informative and friendly staff made the adventure even more pleasurable. The place is a bit hard to find and please note the office is actually in the Savage Mill complex.

We look forward to partaking in more of their activites on a next visit.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Ron K

Virginia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Lots of but TIRED!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012

My daughter and did the big pkg $83 for 4 hours and included all things. The guides were good, but there should have been a better way to manage the "back ups" with the people, I don't know if it was over scheduling or what. Also I was surprised about how much upper body strength was needed, and I'm not in awful shape. If go take a cooler or bring drinks to keep in your car. I got awfully thirsty in 4 hrs. Zip lining was great. I recommend it.

Visited November 2012
Edgewood, Maryland
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Kayaking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

Our guide Steve was wonderful; very knowledgeable and entertaining. This was great for beginners but not necessarily for someone who has kayaked before and it looking for a little more of a thrill. I definitely recommend this if you are new to kayaking and would like to learn how to properly handle your kayak out on the water and are looking for very calm waters to practice. Overall this was a nice, relaxing experience and the weather was perfect!! I look forward to the Terrapin Challenge and the Giant Swing!!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Holly D
Baltimore, Maryland
“MUCH more fun than expected!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012

I won tickets for my son for "zombie apocalypse training day". He had a blast!!!!!! I didn't know there was a place so close to Baltimore that had activities like this. I am recommending it to everyone!!

Visited October 2012
Columbia, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Team Building for our Organization”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

I had the great opportunity to take my leadership team to Terrapin Adventures for some team building. We started with the low course and worked through several tasks that really showcased some of our weaknesses and strengths. After the exercises, we were able to blow off some steam and take advantage of the drop swing and zip line. Both gave us some moments that as a team we will never forget!

The best part of the experience was the staff. Headed by Matt Baker, the Chief Adventure Officer, he has put a priority on service, closely mirroring what we believe in for our guests. Ali, the blonde ninja who lead our group, was knowledgeable, entertaining and very easy to work with. A special thank you also goes to Megan for catching us on the zip line.

All in all, Terrapin Adventures is a great place for corporate fun as well and family entertainment. A few of us here are already planning our next trip to take on the high course and the climbing wall.

Visited September 2012