“surprized”
Review of Ram's Head Tavern

Ram's Head Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Ram's Head Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Savage
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Wow, what a wonderful place for food and beer. Best fish tacos. liked the beer selection. Wish there was more places like this. Highly recommend coming here. In Savage Mill. Pleasant place to meet and have a beer. Service is wonderful.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Overall a very enjoyable dining experience. Went with a large group for brunch and received excellent service from the wait staff. Definitely recommend the steak and eggs. Excellent quality steak for a reasonable price.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Good ambiance, good food, good service. We've been here a couple times and have always been pleased. Some of the entrees are just so-so, but the amazing french fries (truly the best I've had in ages) and the unique setting really make it worthwhile.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Not very good service here. We went at around 9.30pm on a weeknight and the place was very empty and quiet.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

I was in town for business so a colleague and I headed here for dinner. The location is great. The old Savage Mill has been re-purposed into an antique/restaurant strip mall of sorts and is surrounded by old train tracks and trees -- a really neat area. We decided to eat outside and let the inside host know. We waited about five minutes before the same host realized no one was helping us. Once seated, the deck/patio was a great set up.

The Monday night specials were a hit. I had a great Lobster for $20 and my colleague had prime rib the size of my head for about $24. The service is what garnered the Ram's Head Tavern a 3. I'm not sure where our server went between checking on us, but he could have napped for a while judging on how long it took him to get back. The server also forgot my salad but he was kind enough to replace it with dessert when prompted :)

All in all, the restaurant has a great atmosphere and relaxed delicious food... just don't be in hurry. IT took us about 2 hours to eat.