“mold and bugs”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sherwood
Fredrick Md
“mold and bugs”
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Do not go here. Rooms filthy, food gross, drinks very over priced. I think this sums it up.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank Embir1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
New Jersey
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I must admit when we pulled in and were told to check in at the bar I was a bit worried. I was not expecting the Hilton but when I saw how close the rooms were to the Tiki bar and the giant volley ball court in front of the rooms, I thought we would be getting no sleep! The room was about what I expected however somewhat pricey for what it was. We dropped our stuff and headed out for some local crabs (which were awesome!) We arrived back just in time to see the most beautiful sunset. I was very happy to see the bar had emptied and just a few people (mostly families) were awaiting nature's show. My husband and I enjoyed sitting on the dock (alone!) watching the osprey build it's nest on a buoy with the sun setting behind it. BTW I have never seen so many Osprey in one area at one time! Our stay was during the week so I am not sure if the weekend would have been a different experience.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bzylizy
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Based on latest reviews I tried this motel , wish I had not. Paid a lot of money and this place is just not nice. All I can say is awful ruined my time in a beautiful area.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Stonebrickclay

Travellers are raving about these Sherwood hotels

Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 April 2011

Completely enjoyed our stay at Lowe's Wharf. This is my fourth visit, however it was the first with my family. The owners are warm and friendly and made sure we had a comfortable, relaxing stay.
Good food, lots to do and amazing sunsets!!! Looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Armymom08
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 5 April 2011

Absolutely loved it! Surrounded by sun and water... Rooms were great hotel rooms with standard ammenities.... The tiki bar and restaurant was great.. The owners and staff were very friendly, accomadating and pleasant. There were pleanty of things to do on and around the water. It was great to stay close to St. Michaels, but enjoy the views of the Cheasapeake Bay! Can't wait to do it again!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank goin_m
new jersey
Reviewed 17 February 2010

dirty rooms, unfriendly staff, overpriced for the way kept (awful) owners rude. Run someplace else , this place has a great location, but NO charm. It was filthy. run run run .

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Liketotravel2u
Chambersburg, PA
Reviewed 19 November 2009

It may not be the most fancy place you've ever stayed in but it sure will be one of the most memorable. We have stayed there many times over 10 years and it's WONDERFUL. The views are spectacular, the food and drinks are delicious, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the owners, Paul and Tracey and their sons, are the most wonderful, friendly people you'll ever meet. We go there every year for our anniversary and at least once or twice more each year. We will go back again and again. LOVE IT!

Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sherwood
Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond
Chesapeake House Tilghman Island
Tidewater Inn
Tidewater Inn
#4 of 9 in Easton

Been to Lowes Wharf Marina Inn? Share your experiences!