“Great Place to Watch the Sunset!”

Lowes Wharf Marina Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sherwood
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Haven't stayed here, but we visit here as often as we can. The food is wonderful, drinks are well mixed and the wine and beer are as cold as you want them! Order grilled shrimp and you'll see the cook fire up the grill at the end of the bar. Could not be fresher!

There's a volleyball court, a boat filled with sand toys for the little guys, a ring pitch, sandbag toss and more. If you spend the day there, you can fish and crab for $5 for the whole day. There are floats and lifeguard stands for your use as long as you want them and the river has a sandy bottom. Not too deep either. The kids loved it!

Dogs are welcome, as they are in most of this peninsula and this is a welcome treat. Go for lunch and spend the day!

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank HalsPal

Reviewed 24 August 2011

We were advised by the local brewer to check it out (I love it when a local tells you where they go). We were pumped by the lack of advertisement and had fun finding this little gem. When we pulled up the lot was full and we saw people having a good time. There was a cool band playing and a great vibe. We ordered some beers and some tasty seafood.. all great!! The only problem was that we had to drive back to DC. SADNESS! Don't know about accomodations but if I was 25 would look acceptable.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Do not go here. Rooms filthy, food gross, drinks very over priced. I think this sums it up.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank Embir1
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I must admit when we pulled in and were told to check in at the bar I was a bit worried. I was not expecting the Hilton but when I saw how close the rooms were to the Tiki bar and the giant volley ball court in front of the rooms, I thought we would be getting no sleep! The room was about what I expected however somewhat pricey for what it was. We dropped our stuff and headed out for some local crabs (which were awesome!) We arrived back just in time to see the most beautiful sunset. I was very happy to see the bar had emptied and just a few people (mostly families) were awaiting nature's show. My husband and I enjoyed sitting on the dock (alone!) watching the osprey build it's nest on a buoy with the sun setting behind it. BTW I have never seen so many Osprey in one area at one time! Our stay was during the week so I am not sure if the weekend would have been a different experience.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bzylizy
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Based on latest reviews I tried this motel , wish I had not. Paid a lot of money and this place is just not nice. All I can say is awful ruined my time in a beautiful area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Stonebrickclay
Reviewed 5 April 2011

Completely enjoyed our stay at Lowe's Wharf. This is my fourth visit, however it was the first with my family. The owners are warm and friendly and made sure we had a comfortable, relaxing stay.
Good food, lots to do and amazing sunsets!!! Looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Armymom08
Reviewed 5 April 2011

Absolutely loved it! Surrounded by sun and water... Rooms were great hotel rooms with standard ammenities.... The tiki bar and restaurant was great.. The owners and staff were very friendly, accomadating and pleasant. There were pleanty of things to do on and around the water. It was great to stay close to St. Michaels, but enjoy the views of the Cheasapeake Bay! Can't wait to do it again!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank goin_m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sherwood
St. Michaels Inn
Oxford Inn
#1 of 1 in Oxford
St. Michaels Harbour Inn Marina & Spa
Wades Point Inn on the Bay

Been to Lowes Wharf Marina Inn? Share your experiences!