“An absolute gem!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sherwood
Jamison, Pennsylvania
“An absolute gem!”
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We went to this Inn this past weekend and was greeted by the most friendly owner! The location is awesome!!! The bar was fun and we got to talk to other guests who were either staying there or visiting them from their boats. Everyone was very friendly! The drinks were priced very reasonably! The location is amazing (even though it is approx. 7 miles from the town of St Michael's). You can sit and enjoy the magnificent sunset!! The fire pit kept everyone warm! This little gem in a tiny town is a place to visit! You will never have a view as wonderful as this! The owner is very accommodating and we look forward to returning!

Room Tip: Ask for room #7 or #8. The are waterfront views!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Laytonsville MD
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Haven't stayed here, but we visit here as often as we can. The food is wonderful, drinks are well mixed and the wine and beer are as cold as you want them! Order grilled shrimp and you'll see the cook fire up the grill at the end of the bar. Could not be fresher!

There's a volleyball court, a boat filled with sand toys for the little guys, a ring pitch, sandbag toss and more. If you spend the day there, you can fish and crab for $5 for the whole day. There are floats and lifeguard stands for your use as long as you want them and the river has a sandy bottom. Not too deep either. The kids loved it!

Dogs are welcome, as they are in most of this peninsula and this is a welcome treat. Go for lunch and spend the day!

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank HalsPal
Boone, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We were advised by the local brewer to check it out (I love it when a local tells you where they go). We were pumped by the lack of advertisement and had fun finding this little gem. When we pulled up the lot was full and we saw people having a good time. There was a cool band playing and a great vibe. We ordered some beers and some tasty seafood.. all great!! The only problem was that we had to drive back to DC. SADNESS! Don't know about accomodations but if I was 25 would look acceptable.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Fredrick Md
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Do not go here. Rooms filthy, food gross, drinks very over priced. I think this sums it up.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank Embir1

Travellers are raving about these Sherwood hotels

New Jersey
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I must admit when we pulled in and were told to check in at the bar I was a bit worried. I was not expecting the Hilton but when I saw how close the rooms were to the Tiki bar and the giant volley ball court in front of the rooms, I thought we would be getting no sleep! The room was about what I expected however somewhat pricey for what it was. We dropped our stuff and headed out for some local crabs (which were awesome!) We arrived back just in time to see the most beautiful sunset. I was very happy to see the bar had emptied and just a few people (mostly families) were awaiting nature's show. My husband and I enjoyed sitting on the dock (alone!) watching the osprey build it's nest on a buoy with the sun setting behind it. BTW I have never seen so many Osprey in one area at one time! Our stay was during the week so I am not sure if the weekend would have been a different experience.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bzylizy
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Based on latest reviews I tried this motel , wish I had not. Paid a lot of money and this place is just not nice. All I can say is awful ruined my time in a beautiful area.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Stonebrickclay
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 April 2011

Completely enjoyed our stay at Lowe's Wharf. This is my fourth visit, however it was the first with my family. The owners are warm and friendly and made sure we had a comfortable, relaxing stay.
Good food, lots to do and amazing sunsets!!! Looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Armymom08
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sherwood
Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa
Oxford Inn
#1 of 1 in Oxford
Waterfront Historic Kent Manor Inn
Wades Point Inn on the Bay

Been to Lowes Wharf Marina Inn? Share your experiences!