“A little disappointed but it worked out.....”

Homewood Suites Silver Spring
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Reviewed 15 January 2014

It started off bad but ended up ok... Thanks to an employee by the name of Keith! He was a jewel!! I had 7 girls with me and requested a connecting room I called well in advance and even called the day before as well as the morning of and was told each time that everything was 'fine' (in a rude way) but for some reason I felt the need to 'make sure' but when we got there w/ 2 adults and 7 girls there were NO connecting rooms available!! Keith had the best personality & attitude he allowed us to see the rooms and found us the biggest one available and made sure we had plenty of sheets/pillows/towels etc. it was his attitude, personality and empathy that made our stay a lot better! The kids enjoyed the pool. The room was cold on one side but burning up on the other, other than that it was clean and the kids enjoyed the complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Alana S, General Manager at Homewood Suites Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad that our valued employee, Keith was able to assist you, and we have passed on your comments to him. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to meet all of your expectations when you next visit our area.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Great experience - really enjoyed my stay. Close to Washington and all the sites. Close to food and the mall. Easy access to metro. Clean and very well kept property. Close to movies. Everything is in walking distance. Hotel is very centralized for families. Will definantely use them again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Alana S, General Manager at Homewood Suites Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at our property and we look forward to being your host when you again visit the Silver Spring area.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

The staff at this hotel went the extra mile to make sure we were comfortable. It was raining upon check out and they put our suitcases in our trunks and held umbrellas over us as we got in our cars. Restaurants and shops withing walking distance. Rooms were comfortable. Shower head is a problem, too high and not adjustable so your hair will get wet every time. Breakfast the norm but the staff was extremely friendly asking if we needed anything.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

The great reviews helped me choose this hotel. I agree with all the good that has been mentioned, and, I do not understand most of the bad comments. Don't let those comments keep you from this hotel.
We were visiting family in Silver Spring, and wanted a day in DC. The location of this hotel made it ideal. A ten minute walk to the Metro, which took us to 2 blocks from the first Museum we wanted to see. The metro ticket booths are a challenge, but, that has nothing to do with the hotel.
Our 4.5 hour drive from NY took 7 hours, so it was nice to have an easy check in. I read to request a large room. I did, they changed the room we reserved,and, our room was great for us. We did not need the full kitchen, but it's always nice to have a refrigerator. Stores and restaurants are a few blocks away. We enjoyed the short walk and the variety of restaurants.
We parked in the lot around the block, as recommended on TA, which is free after 7pm on Friday through to midnight on Sunday.
Breakfast- it is free and there were many choices. It was good. Was it fabulous ? No, but,very good. From waffles, to cereal,oatmeal,yogurt, omelettes, muffins,fresh fruit, danish, bagels, juices, coffee, tea..... pretty good options for a FREE breakfast.
I highly recommend this hotel. We will be back for future visits .

Room Tip: Request a "larger" room. I'm repeating that from another comment. I requested, and our...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Alana S, General Manager at Homewood Suites Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Happy Holidays. Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. It's a pleasure to know that we contributed to your positive experience while visiting the Washington, DC area. Bset Wishes for a great 2014 and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I was very impressed with the complimentary breakfast and manager's evening reception. It was nice to have it available. Everyone was very friendly. I didn't know what to think about the valet service at first since there is no parking available on site, but I loved the service.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. It's a pleasure to have been your host. We look forward to you next visit with us. Happy Holidays

Reviewed 26 December 2013

First I would say I really like the Hilton brand…. if not I swear by it, but what they have going on here is less than Hilton. Spec on hotel is on point. Kitchenette, and a nice space. Nice for traveling families. The SERVICE and COMPETENCY will leave you questioning am I really paying for this crap LOL… Valet is a joke… A big joke! I was charged on my card(143.00 and paid cash143.00 for the same( night) room. Here the kicker I wasn't at the hotel so who authorized my card??????? This is XMAS day. I get to the hotel and pay cash. No receipt given. LOL. Day after Xmas look at my acct and I have two pending charges for the same (night) room! Pissed is an understatement when I called front desk and no one seems to have a clue, then I was instructed to "call your bank and see what they can do for you." OH really I thought. As a business owner/ merchant I usually call the customer bank if I've made a mistake, not ask them to!! REALLY?? Now I'm definitely questioning am I at a Hilton hotel or motel don't have a clue! Still no call from the manager for a simple "we apologize for anything." No one is paying me for all my time lost sorting and aggravation of out things with my bank or international vendors…. so an apology is the least….. It's Really sad, I'm soooo soo disappointed because its a nice hotel Physically with a great location. From the breakfast shutting down early or no food ready, the to the don't care attitude of most staff members, MIA Valet attendants, broken key machines at check in. Most of all NO SIMPLE APOLOGY, I'm stunned its a Hilton brand! GOOD Luck. I would only return to this hotel if booked by third party where i'm paying half of the cost now and have no expectations of even a little bit of costumer service!!! 2+ complete hours of my morning gone dealing with homewood non sense… Again am I at a Hilton hotel???????LOL what a joke!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Alana S, General Manager at Homewood Suites Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Please accept our apology for not meeting your expectations during your recent visit to our property. We have addressed the issues and hope that you will give us the opportunity to meet
and exceed your expectations when you next visit the Silver Spring area.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I have not had one bad experience at homewood suites in silver spring. The staff are always friendly. Always willing to help when needed. The front desk staff does a good job on checking to make sure that things are delivered to your room in a timely manner.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Alana S, General Manager at Homewood Suites Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Thank you for your review of our property. On behalf of the entire staff at Homewood, Happy Holidays, and we look forward to your next visit.