Free cancellation until 26/07
US$134
Courtyard
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$149/night.

US$145
  • Free Breakfast
Courtyard Silver Spring North/White Oak(Silver Spring)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$124
US$132
US$100
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$157
  • Free Breakfast
Carriage Guest House(Silver Spring)
US$160
US$120
All reviewsvalet parkingfull kitchenwine and beersofa bedbreakfast and dinnerdc areaextended staymetro stationmovie theateracross the streethome away from homebreakfast roomwhole foodsthe hotel managerfamily tripwe've stayedfew blocks
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This was our first time staying at Homewood Suites, stumbled upon it while googling accommodation with a kitchenette, and we were happy with the room despite it being a bit tight for 4 people. Maybe better if we had requested for a one-bedroom suite instead of a studio. Kitchenette was convenient with a dishwasher. Room was clean although the towels (including the tea towels) could use some replacements.

Breakfast was very basic, but the 24-hour free flow coffee, tea (and hot chocolate) was a welcome respite.

The staff was indifferent, however, not the usually hospitable Hilton staff that I'm used to. The valet was helpful though, giving us the option to self-park our vehicle at a public parking lot, which happened to be free over the weekend.

Room Tip: Always book the one-bedroom suite if you have more than 2 people.
1  Thank SAAzli
Paul L, General Manager at Homewood Suites Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear SAAzli,

As the general manager at this hotel, I'd like to thank you for staying with us. I deeply regret that your experience with our front desk team was not the usual Hilton Worldwide experience that you always get. Our guest feedback is imperative to our daily operation and we can only get better with feedback, such as yours. Your feedback has been shared with the appropriate managers to ensure that we better our customer service in the future.

I hope that you'll stay with us on your next visit so we we'll have an opportunituy to make this up to you. Thank you again for your feedback and business.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This hotel was absolutely the worst Hilton i have ever stayed at. I stayed at this hotel for three weeks, so I had enough time to experience the highs and lows. I had to walk downstairs to the front desk 2-3 times per day to get a new key for my room (usually to have the key fail again the third time, and a maintenance man would have to walk me up and let me in with a master key-which sometimes did not even work). The front desk staff were rude and acted inconvenienced to be bothered by me when I needed a new key. There was a roach infestation in two of the rooms of my fellow associates who also stayed at this hotel on business. The valet parking guys (while very nice) usually took between 30-45 minutes to retrieve the car, making us have to be up an extra hour early before our 5 AM shift. The front desk forgot to apply my Hilton honors number, so I had to request these- which were declined because of the receipt. I had to request a new receipt because the one they gave me was from a "broken printer" that did not print the receipt with totals. The rooms would be very nice if they were clean (include a kitchen, huge bed, couch, two tbs, and a desk), unfortunately they are disgustingly dirty. Hairs left all over the bathroom, sticky kitchen floor, and a weird odor that smelled like BO. Our group will not be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Betsye C

Dear Betsye C,

I would like to thank you for offering this feedback about your recent stay with us. I deeply regret that you had such a poor experience with our front desk team members as well as valet team mebers. We strive our best to ensure that our guest experience is nothing but superior but we have seem to fail you on this during your recent stay. In addition, we deeply apologize that your room were not clean as expected during your stay. We assure you that this is not the norm, and we will make every effort to ensure it doesn't happen again. Also, we go through deep clean process with our approved vendor for pest control. This service is done on a weekly basis to ensure that we keep pest control under our belt.

I have shared your feedback with appropriate managers so they can follow up accordingly. Thank you for staying with us and I do hope that you allow us another opportunity to service your travel needs as we do value your business.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Nice suite and nice staff. It did take a few times requesting additional towels and a cot for these things to arrive but the staff was always pleasant. Only issues involve parking and sharing the hotel with Hampton Inn. Both lines are owned by Hilton but Homewood Suites tends to be a bit nicer and pricier. When we arrived and saw the sign for both Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites on the building I was concerned. Turns out the lower floors are hampton Inn and the higher floors are Homewood Suites. The staff is the same friendly staff and the dining areas are separate but the other amenities and areas are shared spaces. Not a huge problem but I could see this being uncomfortable for some who aren't expecting to share facilities with a lower rated division of the hotel chain. Overall, the rooms were clean and the kitchenette is terrific. The A/C cools one area much better than the other as the room is divided by the bathroom (we were in a Prime suite). Inevitably those on one side would be cold while the others are warm. Not sure if this is fixable but a little annoying. Also, the thermostat could not simply stay on cool and turn on and off when necessary. If you set the temp higher than it currently is, the heat turns on. Lower the temp and the A/C kicks in. Again, manageable but strange. Price was relatively high (around $200/night) but we traveled during a peak time so it is to be expected.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
1  Thank Behzad D

Dear Behzad D,

First of all, thank you for choosing Homewood Suites as a place of "home" during your recent visit to Silver Spring area. We thank you for taking your time to share a feedback in regards to your recent stay. Our hotel is uniquly situated as a dual brand in one building. As mentioned above, our friendly staff are taking care of both hotels to ensure maximum guest satisfaction. We do have a specific Lodge (breakfast and dinner area) exclusively for Homewood Suites and a separate sitting area at the lobby to ensure that our Homewood Suites guests are taken care of and enjoy the experience.

Your feedback in regards to our A/C Unit has been shared with the appropriate management team to see what we can do for our future guests, including yourself. We thank you for choosing Homewood Suites and we hope to see you in the near future again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a tired hotel in need of a makeover. The linens were shabby, the bathroom was missing something (a small mirror, maybe) and it just felt like the entire room needed a scrub down. The a/c unit sounded like a jet engine.

Breakfast was fine, a typical hotel food.

Valet parking, unfortunately, was necessary. The parking deck next door was being demolished, so it's not safe to park there. The other lot is too far. So, you're basically forced to pay $15/day for valet parking. Not ideal.

I liked that the staff remembered our names. Nice touch.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelBunny36

Dear TravelBunny36,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Also, thank you for noticing the condition of our guest room. We have recently purchased new linens for the entire Homewood Suites and we hope you can consider staying with us next time and try our New Bedding.

I am so sorry about the valet experience that you had from our hotel. We offer the lowest rate of valet parking fee in the area and the complimentary parking in city is available on the weekend as well as after 7PM during the week.

Is there anything else I can do to ensure your stay is flawless next time? Please let me know by calling me at 301-565-0005. Again, thank you for your feedback and sincerest apologies for your inconvenience. Please consider staying with us again on your next visit to Silver Spring!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great location for Silver Spring, and related areas such as Bethesda and DC itself. Restaurants and public transportation and shops. Pool good for younger kids. Small gym. Very good breakfasts included in nice breakfast room.

Room Tip: Further from elevator has less hall noise.
2  Thank DmS-L89

Dear DmS-L89,

Thank you for choosing our Homewood Suites of Silver Spring as a place of "home" during your recent visit to Silver Spring/Bethesda/DC area. I am go glad that you were able to enjoy our community for few days. Also, we are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your breakfast experience at our New Lodge! Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with this review.

See you next time!