“Great location and staff”

Homewood Suites Silver Spring
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Anguilla
“Great location and staff”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Kudos to the team at Homewood Suites. While I am still staying here and won't leave for the next few days I felt compelled to comment on the very pleasant and helpful staff of the Homewood Suites/Hampton Inn at Silver Springs.

Hotel Manager Michael Harold sets a fine example for the staff as he meets and greets people with a professionalism and friendliness that makes one feel like - yes, I'm home! Lyndra, while not the most effusive of persons, greeted and helped my family and I with a quiet deliberate professionalism. (I would like to see her smile more though :). While I stayed in a Homewood Suites room, my dad and his wife were in a Hampton Inn room, and the entire team made the experience at the hotel seamless. Mark on the Hampton Inn side was also very pleasant and helpful.

The Homewood suites are as befitting a Homewood. The premium rooms are clean and come with full sized refrigerator, microwave and stovetop range. The sofa bed is NOT comfortable at all. That is the one downside. The breakfast is relatively varied and tasty enough although not particularly special - I agree with one reviewer that there doesn't seem to be a significant difference between the Hampton Inn and the Homewood Suites breakfast fare. What was served at one breakfast area one day seemed to have been replicated part at the other the next day.

The hotel is nicely located - a short walk away is downtown Silver Spring with movies and lots of fine restaurants and attractions. The City Place Mall is across the road. The Metro is a short 10 min walk away and the hotel shuttle ( shared between Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites and the Doubletree across the road) will also drop you there. From the Metro you can access most of the rest of DC including DCA.

Great location, great staff, comfortable rooms. What more could one expect?

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Kenn_P
Paul L, General Manager at Homewood Suites Silver Spring, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear Kenn_P,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Also, thank you for noticing our warm and hospitable staff members including our hotel manager. In addition, as you have mentioned our hotel is within minutes away from nearest metro station and we do offer a complimentary shuttle service within 3 miles range from the hotel as well.

When your travels take you to the Silver Spring again, we'd be honored to have you and your family stay with us again.

Paul Lee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 27 July 2014

A great hotel and a great relaxed stay. I spent four nights in this hotel with my two sons and enjoyed every bit of my stay especially the comfortable bed and great breakfasts. I have done lots of international traveling and this is one of my most enjoyable stays at a hotel. I observed that all the staff seemed to be very efficient and happy on the job; this was remarkable. There was also this Lyndra young lady at reception, she is an excellent staff and will smartly and efficiently clarify anything you wish to know. She is impressive.

Dear Folasade D,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Also, thank you for noticing our warm and hospitable staff members.

Chagrin Falls, United States
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Overall the hotel was not bad...I travel about 180 days per year on business and stay in a lot of hotels. Restaurant staff did not comprehend english well, and neither the parking staff. On my last day I had to wait almost 40 minutes for my car, although they tell you it will take 20 minutes. Shower would cut in and out while using it, and the wi-fi was weak...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ronald T,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. I'm so sorry to hear that our breakfast and valet service did not exceed the expectation. We hope that you'll give us the opportunity to make this up to you the next time you're passing through. Please let me know if there is anything else we can do to make your next stay with us feel more like home.

Batavia, Ohio
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel during our vacation to Washington DC. We loved the free dinner and the breakfast. The staff was very helpful. The valets helped with parking concerns. Great value for family. We were able to get a complimentary shuttle to the redline. We liked the area and was perfect for the vacation. I was able to watch the DC fireworks right from our bed. I highly recommend this hotel.

Dear btaylor423,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. we are glad to hear that you have enjoyed our hotel location and the fireworks view from your room during 4th of July weekend.

Rochester
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Our family booked this hotel so we could experience DC during the fourth of July Holiday. This hotel is conviently located near the Redline Metro. Downtown Silver Springs has many restaraunts to chose from. Great staff, braekfast and accomadations!

Dear Wendy S,

Kent
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel is a good value. It's a longer walk to the Metro with luggage, but it's still fairly close. Lots of great restaurants and shopping steps away from the hotel. I would stay here again. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Paul L, General Manager at Homewood Suites Silver Spring, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Kristine D,

I'm Paul, general manager at the Homewood Suites Silver Spring. Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us. Our hotel is within minutes away from the nearest metro station but we also do offer complimentary shuttle to/from Silver Spring metro station for guest convenience. Please let us know when you visit next time and we will ensure that we pick you up from the Silver Spring metro station.

Next time you're passing through, our team members will be glad to share even more local flavors with you. Thanks for staying with us and sharing your experience with this review. We hope to see you next time very soon!
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 July 2014

When I first checked into the hotel I unpacked my clothes and cranked the AC to take a nap after a long trip on the plane and Metro. However as I lied there I noticed it wasn't getting any cooler than 74 degrees even after being there for an hour. Calling the front desk they sent a maintenance man and eventually got me a new room.

In my haste I forgot to grab a belt I left in the room. I called down and asked that they retrieve it for me since I no longer had a key to the room. They said they could not find the belt anywhere despite me telling them exactly where I had left it. Who in gods name steals a belt?!

The breakfast on the homewood side is honestly no better than the breakfast on the free hampton inn side. When I went to the hampton side to visit a friend the breakfast was essentially the same minus the ceramic plates on the homewood side. So if you want to save money by staying on the hampton side and usually stay on the homewood side because of breakfast do not bother.

The room quality once I got the correct room was great...however the incident with my missing belt and sub par breakfast left a bad taste in my mouth...no pun intended.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Phil K,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. I am sorry about the lost & found experience that you had from us. We will search for your belt again to see if anything has been turned in to our Lost&Found department. In addition, I do apologize that you felt no difference between Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites breakfast menu. We do rotate our breakfast menu for both of our hotels to ensure that we provide an exceptional breakfast experience for all of our guests. The Homewood Suites do offer a complimentary dinner service in addition to breakfast for your value with your room rate.

Meanwhile, is there anything else I can do to ensure your stay is flawless next time? Please let me know by calling me at 301-565-0005. Again, thank you for your feedback and my sincerest apologies for your inconvenience. Please consider staying with us again on your next visit to Silver Spring/DC area.