“Afraid for my life”

Hampton Inn Silver Spring
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
“Afraid for my life”
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

My stay at the hampton inn was almost like a scene from a horror film. I stayed at the hampton for a week and my stay was going very well until the very last night. I was awoken in the middle of the night by loud noises in the hallway. I wake up and looked outside my peephole only to find inebriated young men congregating outside my door as if it was a club. I kept looking outside the peephole and noticed that one of the men was attempting to gain access to my room and laughing to his friends saying what if his key card worked on my door. Once that did not work he was trying very aggressively to break into the room. I ran to the phone and called the front desk telling them what was happening and they said they would send up security immediately. I sat with my back against the door to thwart any further attempts to break into the room. The gentlemen stopped trying to break in, but one was now sitting against my door banging his head on my door. I kept getting up and checking the peep hole and no security ever came. An employee even walked past the guys, slipped my bill under the door and continued on his way without saying a word to the guys.
I called again and the girl at the desk assured me she would send someone. At this point there were at least 20 people in the hallway and even more people in the room directly in front of mine. Then I hear someone come out of the room and telling everyone that someone in my room number has been calling the front desk. It was as if the lady at the front desk told them I called. At this point I really was afraid of retaliation. The people in the room also had their deadbolt lock flipped open, so every time someone walked in or out of the room I heard a loud bang (50-60 times minimum that night).
Finally after sitting against my door for an hour, I called again and told the front desk that this wasn't a joke and that I was ready to call the police. She assured me the people would be kicked out. Guess what? At 7am they were still going strong.
I contacted Hilton and the manger offered me two free night and assured me she would get to the bottom on it and get back in touch with me. I've emailed her since but have not received a response as to how such a lapse in security can happen. It's obvious they don't care very much for the safety of their guests. It's too bad because up to this moment I was enjoying my stay.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Geminitraveler84
Alana S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Again, our apologies for te problems you experience during your visit with us. We will contact you personally tomorrow. to discuss further.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 6 December 2013

This hotel is located close to metro. It is clean, comfy, has great service staff and offers terrific value for the money. Again, I emphasize the wonderful, upbeat and helpful staff. Alas, the hallway and lobby need updating.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your comments on your visit to our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your comments. We look forward to your next visit, as during the first quarter of 2014 we will be rennovating our property. Again our thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 4 December 2013

near Metro, shopping, multiple restaurants. Room large and comfortable. Internet service good. Bed comfortable. Extra pillow provided upon request. Complimentary breakfast offered variety. Walk to Metro about three long blocks bur very doable.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We look forward to again hosting you when you visit the Silver Spring area in the fuure
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Hampton Inn this Thanksgiving Weekend. I especially enjoyed the complimentary breakfast this morning, especially the mexican omelots w/ salsa. The cheese danishes were also real phenomenal too.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Glad to kow that we were part of your Holiday Weekend. We look forward to your next visit.
Durham, United States
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We were there on the weekend. The hotel was clean and inviting. The complimentary breakfast included hot items. Coffee available in the lobby at all hours. The location is convenient to the metro and bus lines. The indoor pool is small but clean and attractive. Also includes free self parking on the weekends. We'll be back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. It's a pleasure to have been your host and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed here for one night and woke up with multiple bed bug bites! Talked to a manager and she didn't offer going to a different room or anything. Made me feel like it happens all the time. She said they will call exterminator and file a insurance claim. That was all that was said to me. We immediately checked out. Will Never go there again.

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent visiti to our property. I would like to discuss your commnets with you further. Please contact me directly at 301 830-9010. I look forward to hearing from you. Alana Smith
Frederica, United States
Reviewed 26 November 2013

This place was horrible!! The hallways had torn carpet. The whole hotel was run down. The rug was dirty and they gave us 2 towels for 2 people, even when I requested extra. If you are white, don't expect good treatment. We paid alot of money and that was still supposed to be a discount and because we paid for it at Orbit, we couldn't cancel. There was no microwave or fridge in our room. I found two long black hairs under my pillow and the furniture was scratched, old and nasty. There were black handprints on the wall next to my side of the bed. Everything was dusty. The bathroom wall had brown crap all down the wall and it looked like it hadn't been remodeled since the 80's. This place doesn't even deserve to be called a one-star hotel. You have to park at a parking building around the corner and you can't drop off your stuff at the front door unless you get valet parking. We chose not to so they said we had to park in the garage and drag our 4 suitcases a block away. After that, we were treated badly even though we were nice as pie. It was a gross, dilapitaded, unkempt hotel.Take my advice and stay at other hotels that are only a block away. This hotel is not worth the price.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at our property. I would like to discuss your comments with you further. I would appreciate it if you would contact me on my direct line 301 830-9010. I look forward to hearing from you. Alana Smith