“Cozy Cafe, Great Coffee”
Review of Kefa Cafe

Kefa Cafe
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
“Cozy Cafe, Great Coffee”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a cozy cafe in Silver Spring serving great coffee and a variety of sandwiches and drinks, Kefa Cafe is the place to be. The service is excellent, prices are reasonable and the staff are very friendly.

Visited October 2013

Fairfax, Virginia
“Noted the Charm, Missed the Specialties”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I dined at Kefa Café for lunch and therefore missed the coffee and pastries. The menu was a bit limited - if there were Ethiopian specialties, I missed them. When told they were out of my first choice, I decided on the quiche. It was fine - served with bread, butter and orange slices, but nothing special. With a bottled drink (only option I saw), the price was a bit more than I expected. The owner was very pleasant and efficient. The digs were old-time Silver Spring and you walk up to a counter to order.

• Visited September 2013
Peterborough, New Hampshire
“Best espresso ever!”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I was in Silver Spring for a conference and can't wake up without my 2 double espressos. This place serves the best espresso ever! The lady who runs it is very coffee savvy. The ambiance is comfortable. Food is wholesome and locally grown (not the coffee of course), pastries to die for. Friendly service, connected to the local community. I miss it already. I wouldn't get my coffee anywhere else in Silver Spring. The people who run it are just lovely.

• Visited August 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Yummy gelato!”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Had the gelato. Lots of friendly energy in the place, so I can see why people speak so highly of them.

• Visited June 2013
Chevy Chase
“I love my coffee from Kefa Cafe!”
Reviewed 1 November 2012

This neighborhood gem is a warm, cozy and friendly little cafe run by 2 sisters who always have a kind word or positive energy to share. The coffee is delicious, and so are the pastries! Great
place to camp out for a couple hours, or just swing in and pick up a to-go that is worlds away from the chain world of Starbucks. I highly recommend Kefa. I have lived in this area for 18 years and the only cafe in Silver Spring that ever came remotely close is the (now closed) Mayorga.
Enjoy Kefa and support your local independent business at the same time!

• Visited September 2012