“Fun, Modern and Comfortable”

Courtyard Silver Spring Downtown
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were checked in by the manager, who went out of her way to accommodate his needs due to foot surgery. She brought us a wheelchair and put us in a room close to the lobby.

The furniture design and layout in the room is very clever. As always, the Marriott bed is very comfortable. The only improvement I would make is in the chair because you cannot sit straight in it at the desk. It leans so far back That you have to find a place to put your feet up.

We enjoyed sitting in the lobby with outlets or TVs integrated into the furniture, the bistro and the garden patio with tables and umbrellas for daytime. For evening, the patio features cushioned wicker chairs and a gas fire pit with volcanic rocks.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank EllKell
Cheryl B, General Manager at Courtyard Silver Spring Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Hi Neighbor,
Thank you so much for sending in a review. I'm glad you were comfortable while you were here and I hope your husbands foot is feeling better. Come back to see us anytime. We'd love to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I have really have had a extraordinary time staying at the CY DTWN SS. I have to credit one staff member in particular. I only know her by her welcoming smile and eagerness to help with all my questions, but she goes by the name of Chelsea. At check-in Chelsea greeted me with a beautiful smile and a welcoming hello, from that she was knowledgeable on everything i needed to know about the Marriott and the surrounding area, if she didn't know the answer she found it out for me.
Chelsea is obviously one of CY Marriott Silver Springs greatest assets, and because of this i will revisit Silver spring Marriott and recommend it to all i know. I wish others i encountered on my visit to SS.... would follow her suit. Thanks SS Marriott and thank you Chelsea............. Tb RM 529

Room Tip: higher floors have Internet issues
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Cheryl B, General Manager at Courtyard Silver Spring Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write up a review of our hotel. Chelsea will be so pleased to see your comments. We strive to provide outstanding service everyday and it's nice to hear feedback when we are doing things well. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I recently stayed here for a business trip to downtown Silver Spring.
The hotel is clean and everything is updated. Nothing looks dated here. Lobby is very open with lots of places to sit. Room was spacious and quite. Every room has a refrigerator!
Included in my room was breakfast at the bistro in the lobby. The bistro is very popular. They also serve drinks and made for a relaxing drink with co-workers after hours without having to go out.
Free WiFi throughout the hotel was a really nice surprise.
Their shuttle van service is a really nice feature and I used it quite a bit.
All of the staff were very pleasant and helpful. Would definitely stay here again if given the opportunity.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank PaulHMA

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments and hope that you will come and see us again soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

In heart of vibrant Silver Spring -- shops, restaurants, farmer's market - all within a block of the hotel. Parking is funky, but easy. Wayne Ave ramp garage is immediately adjacent - when you arrive, park on the dedicated level 5 of the garage, and walk with your luggage across a ramp into the 3rd floor of the Hotel, where the lobby, check in, and bistro are located. If accessing by cab or walk up from Metro, use the Fenton Street entrance, and take elevator to 3rd floor. Spacious and well-appointed lobby/lounge, and an adjacent outdoor seating area as well. Health club and pool on first floor. Metro train to DC and all the Washington sites is available via a 7 minutes walk to the Silver Spring station, on the Red Line. (It is also only a 35 minute drive, even in heavy traffic, from Reagan airport to the Hotel, right through the city.) Hotel located two miles inside the beltway. Desk staff was extremely friendly and professional. Easy check in and out, and courteous storage and refreezing of our ice packs for the cooler. If a golfer, we recommend the Hampshire Greens public course 25 minutes due north of the Hotel. Have never seen a municipal-owned course in that kind of excellent condition -- Country Club quality, and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: High floor on North Side looking across Fenton Street (we had 9th floor, room 911) has great view o...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Cheryl B, General Manager at Courtyard Silver Spring Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Thank for taking the time to write a review about our staff and hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the proximity to DC. Your comments are much appreciated and I will pass them on to our team. Thank you for the tip on Golfing. I might have to try that out myself. Thanks again, we look forward to serving you again the next time you are in the Silver Spring area.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

This mid-range business hotel has pitched every aspect of their hotel just right. It gets the fundamentals right: clean, well-organized, all the essentials, decent quality shampoo and other toiletries, mini-fridge that works, responsive air-conditioning unit, etc.

Then there are some nice extras: genuinely welcoming and engaged staff, super comfortable bed, thoughtfully organized workspace with free wi-fi, functional lobby space organized so that guests feel genuinely welcome to hang out, coffee maker that doesn't require the water to run through the filter so my tea doesn't taste like coffee!! I thought the restaurant was slightly overpriced, but quite decent, and is a clever hybrid of snack bar, bar, and restaurant. I had a delicious Asian chicken salad that was delicious.

The location is great: restaurants, theater, drug store, and Whole Foods within a few steps. Metro is an easy 5-minute walk (even in 90 degree heat!)

All in all, an excellent value and a very pleasant place to stay for solo travelers or couples. The rooms are big, so families would be comfortable here, but do note their prominently displayed notice that the swimming pool is NOT a pool for kids, but is in the health club for lap swimming only.

Room Tip: I agree with other comments that you probably want to get a room away from the ice machines. As you...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing the best service and accommodations in Silver Spring and it's nice to get this feedback. I will certainly pass on your comments to the rest of the team and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

I was back again the first full week of June. As always the staff was super helpful and it was fun to watch Chelsea and Abbie train the new person Leah. The food was great and the weather was awful but that's not the hotel's fault. The room was great - clean, comfortable, and easy to sleep in. Life is good at Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Silver Spring!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Thank for taking the time to write a review about our staff and hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to mention this review to Chelsea and Abbie. Your comments are much appreciated and we look forward to serving you again the next time you are in the Silver Spring area.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

I've stayed here many times when attending meetings in the area. The hotel is clean, nicely maintained, and for being on a busy street, surprisingly quiet. The rooms are generously sized and very comfortable. The staff has always been friendly and professional. A bonus is easy parking in the attached lot which I believe is city owned, free on the weekends and quite inexpensive on weekdays. The hotel was recently renovated so everything is nice and fresh. I've never had any sort of problems here at all - highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thank for taking the time to write a review about our staff and hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of all that Silver Spring has to offer. Your comments are much appreciated and I will pass them on to our team. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in the Silver Spring area.