Residence Inn by Marriott Silver Spring
Hampton Inn Silver Spring(Silver Spring)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$191
  • Breakfast included
US$118
US$125
Courtyard Silver Spring North/White Oak(Silver Spring)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$151
All reviewsfull kitchenacross the streetliving roomgreat residencefamily stayvarious locationssuper targetpots and pansshopping plazaground floorsuburban areamini suitepool hourslonger stayfront desk staffnice hotela small shopping center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Just came back from a week stay during son's spring break at this Residence Inn. We were both quite happy with the room. It was spotlessly clean. Which is the main thing I want from a hotel room! The bed was fine. The room had a flat screen TV. The only minor complaint is that the room did NOT have wireless. Nowadays, with iPhones, etal, having wireless in the room is becoming a necessity.

The breakfast was fine. I liked the egg mcmuffins, the pancakes, the hash browns. My son loved the cereal bar and the waffles.

We stayed here due to friends living in Silver Spring, but this turned out to be a great choice for visiting Washington DC. Every morning we drove the couple miles to the "Glenmont" metro station, which ALWAYS had a parking spot and cost $5 to park all day. We took the metro into Washington DC, about a 15 minute ride. This worked great and I would stay here again if I was touring DC. It beats dealing with parking and the stopped-dead-traffic of Washington.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2013

EXCEPTIONAL COSTUMER SERVICE
All the staff was very helpful, but Mrs. Semhar had outstanding customer service. She went out of her way to help us in renting a car, giving instruction how to go to Washington DC and then referring us to another Marriot in DC. All of these were about 3 hours in customer service.
Thank you Mrs. Semhar

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I have stayed in this hotel at least 10 times. On every occasion the staff have been friendly, efficient and very helpful. For me the best feature is the room. Each room has excellent facilities for the independent traveller who is on an extended stay and wishes to prepare their own meals. The kitchen is the best I have seen for the price. Full refrigerator, oven, cook top, dish washer, microwave, toaster, electric jug, etc. The bed is comnfortable and the internet service reliable and very adequate. Although not staying, I called in on January 15 for a quick look at the renovations that have just been completed. They have freshened up the foyer and dining room area nicely. I will keep returning to this hotel when I am in the Silver Spring area on business.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 November 2012

This is a very nice Residence Inn with a helpful staff and a generally freindly ambiance. They are in the middle of making some alterations on the dining part of the hotel, which hopefully will be a good addition in the future. At present, the normally good breakfast is not as good as it once was because the staff have to scramble around form the kitchen to a temporary space. There is also no breakfast seating. None of this is a show-stoppeer and the staff are working hard and enthusiastically, but be advised.

Room Tip: Ask for room on the side of the hotel away from the street to the north of the hotel
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Booked this hotel in advance on the Residence Inn reservations line looking for certain things - connecting rooms for 2 adults, 4 children and a dog. I prepaid to lock in the best rate. When I arrived, I was told no connecting rooms were available; I said that wouldn't do since the children were too young to stay alone and we didn't want to divide up the family. Even though the hotel appeared to be quite empty, it took some time for the clerk to find rooms that might work. At that point, I was told that in addition to the amount I had prepaid, there would be a $125 pet fee - good for the length of the stay. We were only staying one night! That made the cost over $400 for one night. I had to say No thanks. The pet fee might be reasonable if you are staying a while, but this is not a pet friend hotel for a short stay.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family