“long stay or short wonderful place to stay!”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
san diego, ca
“long stay or short wonderful place to stay!”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Marriott Residence Inn was my home for a little over two weeks. I had a very positive experience.
The staff is outstanding and I mean outstanding. It is so refreshing to stay in a hotel where there are pleasant smiles and a can do attitude.
My room was on the 4th floor in a quiet location-perfect! The bed was very comfortable and the room kept in fine repair. Clean and well kept. Marriott hotel staff works to keep everything "shipshape."
The complimentary breakfast is fine. Not fancy but fills you up with the breakfast basics. The breakfast staff keep the buffet dishes full and the tables cleared. Weekend breakfast has waffles and pancakes.
There is dinner served three nights a week. While again not gourmet, it is included and will fill you up. The dining area/living room is a nice place to meet other guests.

The washer/dryers for guest use are kept clean and orderly. The washroom is spotless. Washing powder can be purchased at the front desk.

The front desk staff is outstanding, helpful and exceedingly kind. One day I could not get a cab from the hotel as the early cab runs are booked early. I waited over an hour and was feeling a bit like I would not get to my destination. The assistant manager saw my problem and offered to take me herself. Way beyond the call of duty and so very very kind. WOW!

When I am in this area again, I look forward to my return. I felt like I was staying "at home" and that is exactly what Marriott wants.

Room Tip: ask for a top floor in a quiet area. I had room 411 and thought it was great.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank triptakerSanDiego

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I stay in hotels around 15 night per month, I never write reviews. A typical Residence, the hotel is very clean and comfortable. It has all of the Residence Inn amenities, a nicely stocked kitchen, a nice work area, and a friendly smile at check in. However the reason for the review is the service, I have never experience such wonderful service. There was a mix up with my room at the Residence Inn today. I did not feel like it was a major enough issue to complain about it or write a negative review. The Assistant General Manager Llusi Gomez addressed the issue before I brought it to her attention. I am not sure I would’ve actually said anything to her. Kudos to the Residence Inn for taking care of the customer. Sadly it is very rare to receive such wonderful service. I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Comfortable, clean place to stay. Convenient to transportation. A nice suburban feel. Happy hour and breakfast buffet. Had a little trouble finding it but then GPS took us right to it. Good for business travelers even though a lot of children were in hotel in July. Place is very quiet. Nice kitchen. Grocery nearby.

• Stayed July 2013
Floral Park, New York
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I just stayed at this Residence Inn last weekend with 2 other adults. We shared a very comfortable room with a modern kitchenette and bathroom. The place was extremely clean. Service was excellent. And the room fee included a decent breakfast. We were able to drive into Washington, D.C. in about 20 minutes. The people working here seem to love their jobs and were happy and friendly. I can't recommend this place highly enough.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank LourdesNY
RI_Silver_Spring_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear LourdesNY,

Thank you for staying with us recently. I will share your comment about the cleanliness of the hotel with our housekeeping associates. I’m glad you were able to discover how convenient we are to Washington DC without some of the additional costs associated with staying in the District. We value and appreciate your recommendation.

South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This is a very nice, huge hotel. My room was very nice and clean (I am a fan of Residence Inns). It had a clean bathroom and fully equipped kitchen. There is a fantastic free buffet breakfast in the morning.

There’s plenty of free parking. NOTE: There is NO free wi-fi in the rooms, only the cable internet. So, if that’s an issue for you, don’t stay here. There IS free wi-fi in the lobby. There’s a coin laundry that’s was very useful.

The one thing I don’t like about certain Residence Inns (this one included), is that there are no king beds. It’s all either 2 bedroom suites, or 1 queen bed. The 2 bedroom suites are expensive. The suites are very big, so I don’t know why they don’t have king beds.

Because of the no king beds and no room wi-fi, I am only giving it 4 stars - otherwise, it definitely would have been a 5 star rating from me!

I would definitely stay here again and again when in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank tczig
Dear tczig,

I am happy to hear you found the room clean during your recent stay with us. I understand not having Wi-Fi in the guestrooms can be inconvenient especially with the growing number of connected devices we have incorporated into our daily lives. I am happy to inform you we have begun the process to have Wi-Fi installed in the guestrooms. I look forward to having you stay with us again.

Balmain, Australia
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel with my husband and two children (aged 5 and 7) and I cannot fault a single aspect of this hotel. Firstly a hotel is only as good as the staff and this is where it shined. Every single person that we encountered had a ready smile and were full of help. They truly helped to make us feel like we were at a home away from home. The room had everything we needed including a good sized kitchen, and the bedrooms and bathrooms are a very good size for an urban hotel. The included breakfast is very generous and the hotel offers free dinners three nights a week.

Room Tip: Two bedroom apartments on a high floor!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Balmaingirl67
Dear Balmaingirl67,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel on your recent visit to the area. I really appreciate the kind comments about our associates. I will share your comments with our associates. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again if your travels bring you back to the Washington DC Metro Area.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Upon arrival, we were warmly greeted and there were no issues with our online reservations. The room is immaculate; very modern. We love the layout of the room and the kitchenette has everything you could need. I was surprised to see a dishwasher! The staff is amazing and the continental breakfast exceeded our expectations. I'm actually looking forward to breakfast tomorrow morning! Such an excellent hotel and I would recommend to anyone staying in this area.

• Stayed September 2013