“HONESTY and QUALITY”

Courtyard Silver Spring North/White Oak
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We recently spent two nights at this Courtyard. Unfortunately, I left my wallet which was filled with ID, gift cards, and prepaid debit cards. Not only did the staff turn in my wallet, they mailed it and ALL OF THE CONTENTS back to my home! We are thankful that our stay was excellent during our visit to the DC area, but especially pleased the staff continued to pamper us even after our departure. When I offered a reward for the return of my wallet, it was refused. The employee only requested that in the future we consider staying there again! Beautiful facility, both quiet and convenient, and most of all SAFE! For families exploring the area, this is a sure choice. Thanks again! Honesty matters!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank yesfamilymatters
GreenbeltGM, General Manager at Courtyard Silver Spring North/White Oak, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I was so very happy to read your comments. The title of your posting says it all and it is so true, the Associates are "honest," and are "quality," people. I am so proud of all of my Associates. I will pass on your comments and recognize the Associate that took the initiative to return your items.

He is so correct. All that we ask is that you return and give us another opportunity to serve you.

Have a wonderful day,

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We were in town for a business meeting with FDA. It was a great location because it was fairly close to where we needed to go. During the last part of our trip, I had to make copies and the Staples was fairly close so that was very convenient. I walked over to Staples in the heat of the day in heels (about two blocks), and realized shortly that I definitely didn't want to walk back. I called the local cab service and by the time they would have arrived, I would have been able to walk back. I decided to call the hotel to find out if they have a shuttle service. They didn't but the Event Specialist (Mary Metzbower) was kind enough to come and pick me up. I know that is not part of their normal service, so I was extremely grateful!

I highly recommend this Marriott to all business travelers and vacationers!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jonehsia1,

Thanks for the comments regarding the service at the hotel.

I recall when you left the hotel to go to Staples. It really was a hot day so thank goodness Mary came to the rescue and picked you up. I have shared your comments with her and have recognized her before the Team for a job well done.

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to serve you again should your travels bring you back to the Silver Spring North area in the future.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

First time we have stayed at this Courtyard and typical of most Marriotts, the hotel was clean, friendly service but the rooms were a little smaller then I expected.
Except for WiFi, there are no freebies like breakfast...continental or otherwise.
Very close to many restaurants, some of which will deliver to your hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

We appreciate your positive comments. In response to the breakfast, we do not have complimentary breakfast but we do have rates that are breakfast inclusive. If you return to our area and are booking please look out for those rates online. They are offered on the weekend only and are either, "Breakfast Lovers," inclusive of breakfast for 2 adults and 2 children under 12 or the Escape Family Time Package that is inclusive of breakfast/dinner for up to 4 children under 12.

We hope to see you soon.

Silver Spring Courtyard by Marriott

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed 6 nights here and were happy with our stay. I think there are more convenient hotels to stay in when visiting DC but they are much more expensive. This is a reasonable hotel which is quiet. We did not eat at the hotel, but, there is a grocery store nearby and a complex with new restaurants which did not disappoint. We found the drive to Downtown Silver Springs within 7 miles easy to get to. We parked there 3 days in a row and took the metro to DC. We enjoyed our time in DC as the metro is easy to navigate and trains come quite quickly. One of the days we had free parking at the parking garage which was nice. The pool in the hotel is small but was clean and had a great hot tub. The WIFI was on and off so it wasn't as fast but that was ok because we just used to get directions for navigating around. Overall a good location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
GreenbeltGM, General Manager at Courtyard Silver Spring North/White Oak, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your business. I am so happy that you chose to stay with us as I recognize that there are numerous lodging choices between here and downtown DC.

Our location is great for families such as yours for the exact reasons that you listed. We are close to the metro, reasonably priced and are located in a less hectic area as opposed to downtown DC.
We will also be getting an upgrade to our internet to ensure that it is fast no matter how high our occupancy.
I am so glad that you had a nice visit and I really hope that you will come back in the future.

Enjoy the remainder of the summer.

Courtyard by Marriott Silver Spring North

Reviewed 15 July 2014

After a long, hot day in DC, this was a nice hotel. Rooms were small, but it was well kept, modern and very comfortable beds. Wish breakfast had been included for the price. Only complaint is that wifi is a bit slow and the closest ice machine we found near room 150 was on the floor above. Hotel was very clean. Easy to get in to Baltimore the next morning.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Please allow me to thank you for your review of the Courtyard by Marriott Silver Spring North.

I am happy that you had a pleasant stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you experienced some internet issues. We are aware that it can be somewhat slow during peak times. The good news is that we are currently working on a solution so hopefully all will be corrected should you return to our area.

Have a great summer!

Daneille Marie Hood

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I hadn't stayed in a Courtyard Marriott in a while and I was very impressed! From the super friendly staff to the beautifully appointed lobby with the mini-restaurant and Starbucks coffee, this was a great pit stop for us on a long road trip. I'd be happy to stay there again when we're back in the area. The room was updated, clean, very comfortable, and the mini-fridge was a nice convenience. As others have mentioned, the free wifi was pretty weak and I couldn't stream a movie, which was frustrating, but it sounds like they're aware of the issue and are working on it. A great choice, overall.

A tip: The coffee maker isn't missing a piece--the coffee pod IS the basket. You'll see what I mean. Evidently they get this question a lot :-)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
GreenbeltGM, General Manager at Courtyard Silver Spring North/White Oak, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. I was very proud to read your comments about our location. We strive to provide excellent service and great amenities so it was heart-warming to see that you overall had such a good experience.

Yes the internet is something that we have front and center on our radar and an upgrade of the system is in the works. Hopefully we will have everything completed soon.

I invite you to return soon and give us another opportunity to serve you and your family once again.

All our best,

Courtyard by Marriott Silver Spring North

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Comfy, clean, and friendly. Only 4 rating because the free wi-fi was slow and intermittent (was told a temporary problem with Verizon), and breakfast is not included. Restaurants and shopping are a short drive away. The room rate was very reasonable. Also, on arrival, the room had a musty smell, but cleared up after running the AC. However, the staff were wonderful, very willing and attentive, and the environment is pleasant and welcoming. A special part was the no-charge for fridge and microwave. Very nice!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
GreenbeltGM, General Manager at Courtyard Silver Spring North/White Oak, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey for us at the Courtyard by Marriott Silver Spring North.

We are sorry that you experienced slow internet service. We are working toward getting an upgrade of our service soon so hopefully you will not have that experience in the future. I will pass on your comments about the service to our Associates. We strive to deliver best in class service and I am so glad that we provided that for you.

Take care and we hope to see you soon should you return to the Silver Spring North area.

Silver Spring North Courtyard