Days Inn Silver Spring
US$189
US$166
  • Pool
US$91
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 September 2011

There is bullet proof glass at the reception desk but it is an otherwise nice lobby. The same goes for the Subway resturaunt on the property. I walked around the couple block area and it did not seem that bad, just large apartment buildings that have clean grounds. No vagrants hanging around. So I don't quite get it.
The room is about what you might expect for the price. Furnishings a little outdated, there is wear showing on the walls and the drapery rod is pulling out of the ceiling, but it is clean. So there is some maintenance needed, but nothing severe. The reception staff is friendly, and quick to help. I saw whom I believe to be the manager walking the grounds and picking up. So there is some pride here. I would stay here again because of the price, but if I had the budget for it I would go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Book early if you want a nonsmoking room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank David K
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We couldn't find a cheap hotel to save our lives in DC but we did find this place. It was about a 12 minute walk to the Metro, that wouldn't be bad but my wife was pregnant and it was 100+ outside. There is a FREE Metro shuttle at the hotel but it stops running at 7pm and that just isn't enough time to eat dinner and take the metro back.

The pool doesn't open until 2pm which is pretty lame for families with kids, the rooms were not clean, the towels were dingy and there is not really any place to eat near by, although "Babes" has really good food and the best cheese cake around.

Besides that for a cheap place to stay you cannot go wrong. If it were just me it would be fine but the wife wasn't to thrilled. The office doesn't have a printer so if you are going to print your boarding pass sorry you will have to stand in line a the airport.

Room Tip: We called the hotel directly and paid over the phone, they gave us a $20 discount per night for doing so.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank NaplesRestaurants
Reviewed 4 July 2011

I have only been in this room for about 4 hours and I'm so ready to find another motel. The wallpaper is almost falling off the walls in the bathroom, and there are holes where the floor and wall meet. It smelled a little when we first walked in the room but most motel rooms do. The toilets dont have enough pressure when flushed so it is VERY easy to clog the toilet. But the straw that broke the camels back is: This motel has a bad ant infestation. We threw away a fruit cup that my son ate and less than 45 minutes later, ants were all over the wall and the trash can. When my wife called the front desk to ask for a plunger and some bugspray, they were pretty quick with the plunger but an hour later, they still havent brought the bug spray. As soon as I finish this review, I'm going to look for another motel.

Room Tip: Rad the reviews.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank cpthowdy1369
Management response:Responded 5 July 2011

Thank you for submitting a review for the Days Inn Silver Spring. Our goal is to ensure complete satisfaction and I'm saddened to hear that you were not one hundred percent satisfied. Please accept my sincere apology. We are looking for another opportunity to serve you, and this time get it right. Please don't hesitate to contact me so that we can discuss this further at 301-588-4400.

Joseph Oden

Reviewed 24 June 2011

First of all, I had a coupon to book the room at 80$ and they would not honor it. It cost 120$ and the night before we had stayed at a 40$ location that was much better than this dump.

I tried to call them to book before arriving but even after calling several times no one answered the phone. Once I got to the lobby there was no one behind the bullet proof window and I had to wait several minutes before the guy sauntered in to book a room.

First of all, the lobby as well as the rooms stunk of bug spray. They said we were getting a "full size bed" which apparently means a small double bed. Although this room was so small, it really couldn't have fit anything better. This hotel advertises that "everything works", well our bathroom lock didn't work, and the tv made a horrible buzzing noise that almost made it impossible to watch. Air conditioner works but was old and very loud. Good to drown out the construction going on across the street though.

The only plus was it was that it was close to the metro, but this place was so disgusting that we got up as early as we could just to get out of the place.

Recommend NOT staying here. I wish we had paid 200$+ and stayed somewhere else. This was garbage. Literally the worst place we have ever stayed.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rubyredgirl
Management response:Responded 27 June 2011

Thank you for taking the time in submitting a review for the Days Inn.
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to me. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property.
I do apologize that the coupon rate was not available for your stay, and the only rooms that were available was our full size one bed rooms which are the smallest rooms we offer.
It is my hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Please don’t hesitate to contact me so that we can discuss this further at 301-588-4400.
Joseph Oden
Days Inn SiverSpring

Reviewed 17 June 2011

I have stayed at this hotel half a dozen times in the last year. It has become my go-to place for trips to the DC area (especially after a stay at a Days Inn in Alexandria went awry recently).

I've heard complaints about the area, and I'll admit things can get a little sketchy if you head down the street a little toward the nearby 7-11, but I've never felt unsafe. It is about a 10-minute walk from the Silver Spring Metro Station, and I've made that walk at 11 at night many times without any issues.

It is the proximity to the Metro Station that makes this my preferred place to stay on my visits to the area. I can stay here for a fraction of the price of DC hotels, and make it to downtown in about half an hour.

The front desk staff has always been friendly and helpful, and the rooms I have stayed in have been clean. The strength of the wifi signal varies from room to room, but I've always been able to get a suitable signal. There has been some construction nearby since at least last year and interrupted my sleep a couple times last summer, but on my trips this year it hasn't been loud enough to wake me up.

All in all, this is a good place to stay if you are going to DC and just need a bed and a place to put your stuff. I plan to stay at this location on future visits.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo