- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
Dear Prospective Guest,
Run, Sleep in your car (at least you know where it has been) commit a crime and get arrested (at least the jail will have passed someone’s inspection). Where do I start:
1. I had no choice but to stay at his facility due to a reservation issue at the Sheraton.
2. I was afforded a (HANDICAP) room that had an ADA (Americas with Disabilities Act) inspector been there to check the whole place would have been shot down.
3. Next it was listed as a Non-Smoking Room but smelt of tobacco and the walls were YELLOW with tar and nicotine. I had to wash ever stich when I got home and left my suitcase out in the garage for at least the next two days.
4. The room’s AC unit had knobs that were so stripped that I had to wrap a rubber band around the post in order to operate it.
5. The carpet was filthy beyond description. I would not go barefoot in that room even if my life depended on it.
6. When I first opened the door I am faced with a bed that looked to be just used (and I don’t mean for sleeping)
7. There were no pillowcases and one pillow was on the floor even.
8. The shower room floor BLACK MOLE on the grout that was holding the ceramic tile in place. The reason that you could tell it was BLACK MOLE was because halfway across the floor all of a sudden the color of the grout went from solid black to a sandy gray.
9. The shower set also had some sort of growth on its surface and between the slats.
10. The shower’s water supply could not be shut off completely and there was a constant drip.
11. The door to the room appeared to have been forced open more than once.
12. There was a wide enough crack at the bottom of the door that you could see out the door.
13. The writing desk was so rickety I would not even attempt to write on it.
14. The refrigerator door hinge was held in place by sheet metal screws.
15. The TV reception was terrible not one channel did I find that had an acceptable signal.
16. Oh by the way the exhaust fan in the bathroom was also covered with something must have been growing there for some time as well, what it was I never know.
I would not have wished that experience on my worst enemy. I would suggest the DAYS INN people make regular and unannounced visits and/or inspection of all of the properties that carry their name, set standards that must be met by all corporate and franchises alike.
Lakewood, OH 44107