“DON'T STAY THERE”

Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Cincinnati, Ohio
“DON'T STAY THERE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Disgusting! If I did not have a guaranteed room I would have left. In hindsight I should have forfeited the money and left. I did not take off my shoes except to shower and dry myself with a towel made of sandpaper and smelled of old and nasty socks. I suppose that is to be expected as they claim they only wash towels every other day in order to protect the environment. The room was well decorated if you like stains (huge one on the floor as you walked into the room and on the side chair), broken switch plates, lights that did not work, a TV that was missing a part of the bottom.... Speaking of the TV, I did get a couple channels, but couldn't find the rabbit ears so I could get a clear picture on those I did get. I was, however, not without entertainment. There was a fight in the parking lot that got broke up by the police. I came to find out that the locals say it is noted for an array of illegal activities. This came as no surprise to me. -- When I left the room I took my valuables with me. I was curious if my stuff would be rifled through by a staff member while I was gone. So... I have a duffel bag that had a couple odds and ends in it that I left on the dresser. I folded the handles in a way that I would know if someone had been in it while I was away. Sure enough someone had been through it and surely left disappointed as there were no drugs or valuables.

Room Tip: Rooms at another hotel are your best option.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ken M
Joe06309, General Manager at Days Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thanks for your post. I am sorry that we didn't meet your expectations on this visit. I will make sure that your feedback is shared with the rest of the team to ensure we handle things differently in the future. If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at 301-588-4400.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
london, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

In a word: terrible. The room was dingy and stank of stale smoke, even though I had requested a non-smoking room. One of the bed lights did not work, and the coffee maker was filthy. I had to wait an age to be served on arrival and on departure the front desk would not give me a receipt, something that I get from every other hotel/motel at which I have stayed. I needed the receipt to run the cost through the business.

They need to smarten up this operation in a big way, as it reflects badly on the Days Inn brand.

Room Tip: Check ou these reviews before purchasing
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jpmitchell1

Travellers are raving about these Silver Spring hotels

Silver Spring
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I usually enjoy staying at a Days Inn. It is affordable and clean and always feel safe. Well not this time. The rooms were dirty, the bathroom mirror and shower rod was broken, the room smelled of smoke and worst of all the front door would not lock and was hap hazardlly held together by a few dry wall screws. I have stayed at a Days Inn all over the country for the last 8 years but I can honestly say it was the worst experience I have had with this chain and will probably not be using the chain again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

A decent enough place for the money but it's not the greatest neighborhood and alot of the other guests are quite loud.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Joe06309, General Manager at Days Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thanks you for your review. I like here from my guest, and thank you fro sharing your experiences. Know our job is to Wow you and I would love to have the chance to try it again. Please call or contact me the next time you are in the area so that we can Wow you. Its my pleasure!! Joe