“Out of the way, but worth seeking out!”
Review of The Back Creek Bistro - CLOSED

The Back Creek Bistro
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fine dining on the waterfront with a relaxed atmosphere. We feature Prime Rib, Swordfish, Rack of Lamb, Lobster, Blue Crab, and the best Burger in town. Featuring live Jazz, Cocktails and Wine. Great for special occasions and everyday dining.
La Plata, Maryland
“Out of the way, but worth seeking out!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My boyfriend and I took my mom to Back Creek Bistro for Mother's Day. The menu is varied, with plenty of seafood options, and there were several enticing specials for the holiday. I ordered Champagne Scallops, and my dish was the best among our party. Cooked to perfection with a savory sauce, the scallops were to-die for! The service was excellent, but then we ate early to avoid crowds. For dessert we had the Lemon Berry Marscapone Cake---so amazingly moist and delicious! Although my companions judged their main courses just "so-so" (the main reason I give it 4 rather than 5 circles), I would definitely like to return. Back Creek Bistro has live music on Fridays and Saturdays, so I'd like to sample more dishes on one of those nights.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Tiffy_Bird

Washington, DC
“Closed an hour early”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We went to this restaurant at 8:30 and they aren't supposed to close until 9:30, but they already were and said they had not had a customer since 7:30 and it's too bad we didn't come earlier. It'd be nice if they posted that on the website! It was also really hard to find the place (maybe because it was dark). I wish we knew if the food was good or not!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank rtoblin
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Expensive For What You Get”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My husband took me there for Valentines Day Dinner. The only time they could fit us in was at 5:30. The place was not decorated for this holiday, No flowers on the table. Had lobster bisque and it was very runny with a tomatoe taste to it, it also was brought to the table with part of the soup on the napkin and plate. The waitress appologized but did nothing to correct it. The steak was very tender but no real taste and even though I ordered it medium rare it was cold when served. Sad to say after dropping over a $100 for a holiday dinner, expected a lot better food for the price.

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank 360travelor
Churchton, Maryland
“Fabulous food; poor service”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Dined here recently with a large party and loved the food, but was disappointed in the service. When we arrived it took 10 minutes for someone to come to our table and welcome us and ask for drink orders. The waitress also asked for our meal orders, but since we had no menus, we had to wait to get some. After deciding what we wanted to eat, we ordered 2 appetizers and an entree for each person. After nearly 40 minutes our entrees were finally served, but no appetizers. The waitress apologized that she completely forgot about the appetizers. I'm not a stickler for great service and am fairly tolerant of mistakes, but by this time I was becoming very disappointed and not real optimistic about the rest of the dining experience. Fortunately, things got much better when we received our entrees. Everyone loved their entree and made several comments on how good the food was. I give 4 stars to the chef, which is why I will return again and hope that the poor service was just a one-time thing.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank beachlovergirl-123
Central Florida, Florida
“Nice In Every Way”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Husband and I recently dined here and were quite happy all around (food, service, view). We had a water view overlooking the Solomons Bridge. Server was attentive, and the owner checked with us to ensure we were satisfied with our experience. The oysters on the Fried Oysters appetizer were large and delicious. For an entree we each got the filet, and it was so tender that it could almost be cut with a fork! The Key Lime Mousse for dessert was delicious, as was the Lemon Berry Marscapone Cake. This restaurant is off the beaten path but well worth seeking out!

• Visited December 2013