“Unexpected fantastic atmosphere and the food was GREAT!”
Review of CD Cafe

CD Cafe
Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Solomons
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We had dinner at the CD Café a week ago and it was phenomenal. The reason I say that it was unexpected is because the café is located in what looks like a small office building on Solomon's Island. However, the restaurant is very comfortable and the food and service were excellent.

We actually showed up to the restaurant and there was a wait. Here are no reservations because it is small and they told us it would be 20 minutes. So we thought we would just sit outside but the hostess told us that they had a bar in the back of the building where we could get light hour d'ovres and a drink. So we did that and the atmosphere there was wonderful, drinks were good and the bar tender actually told us when our table was ready so we did not have to check with the restaurant.

We had been to the café for lunch a year or so ago and it was good to. However, we had never been there for dinner. The dinner was excellent. I have pecan crusted salmon and my wife had blackened trout. Nothing was bad. The menu changes every week which is also pretty cool so there are always fresh items. Also we had deseart whicvh we normally do not have and I am glad we did. My cheesecake was like a brick of deliciousness and worth every calorie.

This would be a good place for a date or just nice night out.

There are newer reviews for CD Cafe

Reviewed 25 September 2013

My wife & I checked out the menu for seafood choices and it looked good. We were told about 25 minutes wait for a table, so we headed down the 50 foot hall to the bar. Very friendly waiter there took our drink and appetizer order. Just as we got the drinks and before the appetizer, he told us our table was ready but to take our time. He delivered our tasty and generous portion hummus dish to us in the restaurant (connecting kitchen). My wife ordered Bangkok scallops and I had one of the specials- swordfish with a sherry based sauce, potatoes and lima beans with ham. All the food was outstanding. One of the best meals we've had anywhere. It happened that we arrived right at sunset, so the waitress opened the blinds right after we sat down. We watched the sun set over the big humpy bridge that leads into Solomon's Island. A perfect evening.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

CD Cafe's food is great...I've never been disappointed. The prices are a bit on the high side but it's a nice treat once in a while.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

You need to plan ahead and arrive early if you are going to eat here. They don't take reservations, but if you have to wait it's worth it. We didn't have to wait tonight and it was still worth it!!
My wife loved her salmon dish and my Cod was very nice. Our friends had the filet and pasta. They both enjoyed it very much.
I had the creme brule and my friend the key lime pie. Both excellent.
We always try to do the CD when we cruise to Solomons. Great place; keep up the good work.

1  Thank nolantho
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We are regulars for a reason! This place never disappoints. For something different and always delicious get one of the daily specials. The menu offers lots of variety from mediterranean pasta to the CD chicken salad to divine homemade desserts. It is small and it can get loud but we have always been able to have a pleasant conversation. Lots of local business types know it is a great place to gather. If it is crowded try the Next Door Lounge. Same great food without the wait for a restaurant table. Best place in Southern Maryland!