“Hidden Gem”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Stamford, Connecticut
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

If you are in the mood for classy, tasty, and a belly full good time, then this is the place. Been coming here for five hears and it never fail to amaze.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“iffy”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We tried this place on the recommendation of a local. Nice enough atmosphere, small place, only 11 tables. A bit noisy but not too bad. Crowded, yes. They dont take reservations, so you may have to wait. My husband ordered a fish dish which he said wadnt spectacular but wasnt bad either. I got adventurous and tried an offthe wall dish that the chef apparently thought up while high on well, anything. It wadnt good. If you go, stay with the tried and true. For the price (high) the service was good, enjoyed the modest decor and ambience, but there are better places there to eat.

Visited October 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wow! Delicious little gem.”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

A small restaurant, and somewhat hidden in an office building, but well worth the small walk from our inn. Inventive specials, a superb wait staff, and a great value. My husband and I both loved our seafood entrees, ordered from the evening's specials. A focused and gently priced wine list, too. If we find ourselves in Solomons again, I'd wager this will be our first stop!

Visited October 2013
“Unexpected fantastic atmosphere and the food was GREAT!”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We had dinner at the CD Café a week ago and it was phenomenal. The reason I say that it was unexpected is because the café is located in what looks like a small office building on Solomon's Island. However, the restaurant is very comfortable and the food and service were excellent.

We actually showed up to the restaurant and there was a wait. Here are no reservations because it is small and they told us it would be 20 minutes. So we thought we would just sit outside but the hostess told us that they had a bar in the back of the building where we could get light hour d'ovres and a drink. So we did that and the atmosphere there was wonderful, drinks were good and the bar tender actually told us when our table was ready so we did not have to check with the restaurant.

We had been to the café for lunch a year or so ago and it was good to. However, we had never been there for dinner. The dinner was excellent. I have pecan crusted salmon and my wife had blackened trout. Nothing was bad. The menu changes every week which is also pretty cool so there are always fresh items. Also we had deseart whicvh we normally do not have and I am glad we did. My cheesecake was like a brick of deliciousness and worth every calorie.

This would be a good place for a date or just nice night out.

• Visited September 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My wife & I checked out the menu for seafood choices and it looked good. We were told about 25 minutes wait for a table, so we headed down the 50 foot hall to the bar. Very friendly waiter there took our drink and appetizer order. Just as we got the drinks and before the appetizer, he told us our table was ready but to take our time. He delivered our tasty and generous portion hummus dish to us in the restaurant (connecting kitchen). My wife ordered Bangkok scallops and I had one of the specials- swordfish with a sherry based sauce, potatoes and lima beans with ham. All the food was outstanding. One of the best meals we've had anywhere. It happened that we arrived right at sunset, so the waitress opened the blinds right after we sat down. We watched the sun set over the big humpy bridge that leads into Solomon's Island. A perfect evening.

• Visited September 2013