“BOGO heaven” 5 of 5 bubbles

CD Cafe
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Solomons
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Vero Beach, Florida
“BOGO heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

We not only enjoyed a real nice lunch here but got a lunch for tomorrow off their "blue plate" specials that they offered. My wife had a tilapia plate with mixed veggies and a real nice bread base bathed in a garlic butter sauce. I will be enjoying the eggplant dish that they sent home with me to enjoy another fresh meal today. Will be returning here on future visits to the area. Also the waitstaff was very attentive and we didn't have to look for a waitress when we needed one, she was right there to fill our needs.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Maryland
“Inexperienced Staff - Bad Experience.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

We recently met other friends at CD for a mid-week meal. Having eaten here many, many times over the years, we know the rules on how the restaurant and the back bar (which also serves food -- sometimes the same menu, sometimes different) operates. The back bar can serve as a holding area for the small restaurant, but it actually has better sound quality and it is "first come, first serve" there so you can come in and sit and eat without your entire party being present or waiting for the staff in the restaurant to seat you up front. We thought we had done just that.

The other members of our group had sat at the bar for about 30 minutes waiting for something to open up. As I had not arrived (work out of town that evening), they waited for me to arrive or a table in the bar to open. They had a tab open at the bar and when I showed up about 30 mins in, we were fortunate enough to have a table open in the bar behind us about 5-10 mins later. Our party moved to the table and waited for the bartender to bring us some menus to eat as nothing in the restaurant had opened either. Instead, the bartender came over and asked us to leave the table because she had saved the table for people who had just come in that were waiting outside. She had "kind of promised it to them". We told her that it we had been there far longer...had been spending money at the bar in anticipation of eating dinner -- and there was no "reserving" at the bar in the years that we had been coming in.

Her response was -- "yea...I know....but I promised them, so you have to get up and go". Well - we did. Right out the door. New experience for us (and moreso as repeat customers that know the rules on first come, first serve -- and we were!) to be asked to leave a table while we were seated from ANY restaurant. It so happened that a table in the restaurant (where the others ALSO had their name) had opened and they could have simply put them in the front since we were already seated, but this was not handled well at all. Talked to one of the waiters in the restaurant (who is also normally the bartender in the back) in the front on the way out the door, and he confirmed that the back was first-come/first-serve in the bar in the back and he didn't understand what had just happened...but the bartender that created this problem ran into the restaurant while I was talking to the front restaurant staff and again contradicted the "customer" in defending herself. No apologies -- just wanted to justify that she had kicked us out because she had promised people not in the restaurant the table. Simply awful way to treat people after spending money at the bar for 40 mins waiting to eat --

The food certainly isn't good enough to be embarrassed in public or treated like this. We left and went over to the Ruddy Duck where the food was great and the staff quite welcoming, as they always are.

• Visited August 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank tlc232
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Unique menu in quaint atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

CD cafe always delivers when I want something different from all the other seafood and American restaurants. They offer specials each day although their regular menu has many interesting entrees and sides. On my last visit I broke ranks and did not have their great Pasta dish or CD chicken but got the Greek Gyro Nachos to nosh on. A new and interesting rendition with a light and crisp pita chip with gyro meat fixings and tzaiki. They always have a great array of desserts including key lime pie which I highly recommend. Always a pleasure to dine at CD cafe when on a Solomon's Island.

Kilmarnock
“Great take out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Picked uo the food and ate outside at our B&B. Great food, but dont count on eating there because it's tiny.

Visited July 2014
California, Maryland
“CD Cafe was great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

CD Cafe's service was excellent, and the food was great. For a small place, they had a pretty extensive menu. The seating and parking is a bit limited, but I think fewer seats means the staff can pay more attention to the individual customers. As far as we could tell, their menu choices were pretty original, or slight variations on common dishes, so there should be plenty of choices to please anyone. The only complaint I could have is that the window sills could use some extra dusting. But overall, I can't wait to go back to CD.

Visited July 2014