“Delicious, and varied options”

Lighthouse Restaurant and Dock Bar
Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Solomons
Price range: US$10 - US$45
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Beautiful Waterfront Restaurant, with great Quality Food and Drinks!
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I had the Seafood Diablo, spicy with a very generous servings of scallops, shrimp and mussels. I filled up on the seafood and ate some of the pasta. My daughter had the filet steak, and said it was on par with any steak she has had at a famous steak house. The hush puppies were moist and had a great taste, and the portion size was generous.

There is an outside bar area with outside seating, along with a outside dining area. There is a shaded outside area, great for those hot sunny days. And most importantly the outside area does not block the views of those sitting inside.

I think this is now my new favorite on the island.

1  Thank FrequentTravelist

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Food was very good, also the service - My only negative was the noise level, surprising on a Monday evening when the restaurant was not overly crowded. I think the addition of tablecloths, even if covered by plastic or paper, might help.

1  Thank BARBARA O
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We ate lunch here with a group of friends on a Sunday afternoon and everyone enjoyed their lunch. The Maryland crab soup was appropriately spicey, the chef salad was very substantial portion - not all lettuce, the chicken wrap was heavenly and filled me up for the rest of the day - no dinner for me tonight. The service was very attentive. Nice, clean restaurant. the view in the back of the restaurant was very nice as well! The only down note and no points deducted, because we are responsible for our "stuff", my husband left a very nice stainless steel water bottle and when he called back to ask about it, the "manager" did not seem very sympathetic or inclined to look for it. We are hoping the manager on Monday morning will be a little more concerned. This is a very nice and welcome eating option for this area.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We were there this past Sat July 12th at the bar to enjoy some cocktails and company of friends. We sat at the outdoor bar with the beautiful water to our backs, a great band playing, good attention by the very busy bar staff, and wow - what a great full moon. I was watching the food coming out and wishing I was hungry to enjoy some of the dishes. Pasta seemed to be popular and looked great. My friends order the guacamole and that was freshly made and delicious. Will be back on return visit!

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The service was very far from the usual warm and friendly Chesapeake hospitality. We arrived and the staff looked unimpressed. We had to request the attention of several waiters before anyone dare take our order. The lunch menu was not very good (not diverse), the food not tasty at all and the portions ginormous. We went back in the afternoon for the boat dock and had better luck with a more diverse evening menu but still the same unresponsive staff (call to request the menu, call to request the order, the order arrives with no napkins or silverware....) the only prompt service we received was to get the bill.

1  Thank evelynegomis