“Ah-Mazing!”

Lighthouse Restaurant and Dock Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Lighthouse Restaurant and Dock Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Solomons
Price range: US$10 - US$45
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Beautiful Waterfront Restaurant, with great Quality Food and Drinks!
“Ah-Mazing!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Seriously the best meal I've had in a decade. I'm a super food snob with a refined pallet. I had the stuffed shrimp and it was delicious. Our waitress was very attentive. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Orlando, Florida
“Night out with friends”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We went here based on recommendations by some locals. The food and atmosphere were outstanding. We started with the tuna nachos and the crab soup; the nachos were delicious and unique with wakame and fresh mango, the soup was creamy, rich and flavorful. For dinner my husband had the crab cake sandwich and I had the Portobello sandwich, both sandwiches were served with house made potato chips. Yum, yum, yum. Excellent service as well.

Lusby, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Trying one Maryland staple... The Crab Dip!!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Not my favorite place for the Dip. It was bland, and it had a mysterious flavor that took my husband an I to a disgusting taste. After the second bite, (of the dip by itself), it was clear to me that the crab meat had a funny taste. The bread that accompany the dip was low quality, I think it was purchase and no bake at the location, I would have preferred to buy one of those rolls that you buy in the refrigerated section at your local grocery store and use that instead. Everything else in the menu look as a repetition of the other restaurants around. I am not impressed with this place yet...

• Visited July 2014
“Appetizers are Great”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stopped in this restaurant after asking several people on the street which restaurant they recommended. Some locals recommended the Lighthouse. Although the restaurant and bar were very busy, the service was still "on point," with a young woman who knew the various specialties, made excellent suggestions and returned in a timely manner to check on my progress. I ordered the crab dip, which was supposed to be one of the features. It was okay, but not great. I then ordered a half pound of shrimp. AWESOME, from the size of the shrimp, the quality, the taste, and above all, the flavor was emphasized by a special seasoning (on the table) and the VERY best cocktail sauce I've ever had, and I am "picky." They were so good that I ordered another half pound. The outside seating was very pleasant just before sunset, although a bit noisy. Great band and this combination of food, music, great service, and my hunger pangs led to a great evening!

• Visited August 2014
North Carolina
“Delicious, and varied options”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I had the Seafood Diablo, spicy with a very generous servings of scallops, shrimp and mussels. I filled up on the seafood and ate some of the pasta. My daughter had the filet steak, and said it was on par with any steak she has had at a famous steak house. The hush puppies were moist and had a great taste, and the portion size was generous.

There is an outside bar area with outside seating, along with a outside dining area. There is a shaded outside area, great for those hot sunny days. And most importantly the outside area does not block the views of those sitting inside.

I think this is now my new favorite on the island.

1 Thank FrequentTravelist