“Newly renovated and great food!”

Anglers Seafood Bar & Grill
Ranked #12 of 36 Restaurants in Solomons
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Newly renovated and great food!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We came down to Solomons for a nice dinner on a Friday night after the weather had finally cleared up. We wanted to go on the actual island but it was just to packed. We remembered our friends telling us about the old captains table and that they liked it so we decided to give it a try. This place seems to be more of a bar atmosphere so it was quite loud inside so luckily there was a table available out on the deck. Our server (Crystal) was awesome. She was super friendly And you could tell she cared about her job and really talked up the place. She made us feel welcome. We started out with the wings which said they were jumbo. They are not but were still very tasty. We got the old bay style. For entrees I had the crab imperial which was in a nice hot bowl and toasted to perfection. I got the green beans and sweet potato as my sides and I liked that they were fresh. The honey butter was to die for. My wife got the stuffed rockfish that was recommended by our waitress and she said it was quite tasty. I would say its a huge improvement from the captains table and thank goodness they got those floors level! We will be back. Lunch menu also looked good.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank jacklyn1966

Williamsburg, Virginia
“Not Exceptional -”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We decided to drive down to Solomon's today since it was so beautiful out and I was interested in eating by the water. Did a lot of checking on Trip Advisor, a number of the places had mixed reviews and i found Angler's Facebook page where there was a lot of positive buzz. Restaurant was nice and clean, servers were friendly and very good. Food was nothing special. I tried the crab pretzel which was covered in cheese & crab dip. I loved it but it wasn't particularly crabby and the pretzel texture wasn't right, like it was microwaved or frozen before putting the crab dip & cheese on it. My fiancé had the Maryland crab soup and it didn't look very appealing, kind of watery and the crab floating in it looked like claw meat or smaller.

He ordered the crab cake club which I thought would be w/ three slices of bread with a crab cake on one side and the bacon, lettuce, tomato on the other side of the club and it turned out to be a crab cake on toast w/ bacon, lettuce, and tomato. He could have just ordered the crab cake sandwich w/ bacon. The crab cake was large and tasty. The fries were outstanding.

I ordered the spinach salad w/ ahi tuna. I asked for the tuna to be rare. There was plenty of spinach, walnuts, hard boil egg, bacon bits, and a large piece of ahi tuna, encrusted w/ sesame seeds and barely cooked, basically raw. Now I like raw tuna, but it was completely cold, the chef barely put it on the grill. Good ingredients, but not very flavorful. The bacon in the salad was chewy and cold, like leftover bacon from breakfast that was not crisp. I could have made a better salad. Raspberry vinaigrette was OK, probably some commercial product.

The wait staff was very enthusiastic and hard-working so you can't blame them for so-so food. I might have been better off w/ the steak & cheese sandwich or a hamburger. It was an expensive lunch for so-so food.

Too bad since the view is so nice. We won't be back.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Sue M
Maryland
“New Place - Bad Food”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This place used to be a waterfront diner under a different name and ownership. We didn't realize it had changed when we stopped there for lunch. Still a great location and how much could it have changed really. Well, a simple BLT was too much for them to handle. My wife got a chicken breast sandwich and it was undercooked. When we asked for it to be cooked until the pink was gone, they brought back a piece of hard inedible something. Even their "fries" are nothing more than grease puffs. I get that choices are slim in Solomons, but avoid this place. It will probably be out of business within a year anyway.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank AndyCinMD
Saint Leonard
“All cleaned up, but struggled with our first meal?”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Having gone to the old Dock Side for some time, we looked forward to the new cleaned up Anglers and it was a nice improvement. But our meal were not so great...five of us, no one was very happy. One was cold, other not too happy with flavor. Nice setting, good service, so we will give it one more try before we write in off

Visited April 2014
1 Thank William N
Southern Maryland
“New Seafood Dining in Solomons”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

New place at old location (where Captain's Table) used to be. Everything gutted and newly decorated. Friendly staff. Excellent service. Rockfish bites were great. Fried Shrimp was delicious. Good bar selection including several draft beers. Check out the polished stainless steel bar made by local fisherman/welder. It is a work of art. Located right on the water. Great view.

• Visited April 2014