“Great spot”

Zahniser's Dry Dock
Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Solomons
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Dry Dock, is located in Solomons Island at the Zahniser's Yachting Center. Expect an intimate water view restaurant that caters to an upscale dining experience, specializing in steaks & seafood. We offer deck seating, weather permitting. Nightly specials & Happy Hour 5-6:00pm daily. Hours of Operation: Open Tuesday through Sunday, 5:00pm. Sunday Brunch 10:00am - 2:00pm Reservations recommended.
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Attractive waterfront location, food was great. We had the cioppino and the spicy chicken/shrimp creole.

1  Thank ElizabethTraveler123
There are newer reviews for Zahniser's Dry Dock

Reviewed 10 March 2014

So this is the place I chose to go when I want good, seasonal food, cooked to perfection. We usually eat here for special occasions (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.). Even though I'm a power boater girl, and this place is located in a sail boater marina, I'm still crazy about their food!

The restaurant itself it small, especially in the winter when the outside deck is closed or too cold to enjoy. The wait staff are seasoned professionals and make your visit an experience. The menu is seasonal....so depending on when you visit determines what is served.

I have been here numerous times and have always been impressed with the menu selection, the cooking technique and presentation. Entrees that I have enjoyed here have ranged from quail, to seafood, to lamb, to the most delectable petite filet. Oh and did I mention creme brulee which I can never resist! Great wine selection and paring and I've heard that they have a mean brunch on Sunday (never been though). Prices are not cheap, but not unreasonable for the product that is served. Can't wait until my next visit....just wanted to give this place the props it deserves.

1  Thank kcmiller10
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The food was excellent, steal cooked to specification, variety of options good,
Service was good as was server. Price met expectations, Nice atmosphere, nice view.

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed this little marina-side restaraunt. The service was excellent, but the food was just a bit pricey. I had scallops with crab rissotto. It was delicious. My wife had the crab cakes, and they were good as well. Being from MD we are picky about our crab cakes, and these could have used a bit more jumbo lump crab meat and a bit less filler. They were also fried, and we prefer broiled. With that said they were still tasty. Great little place if you're in Solomon's.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

We visited in 1/2014 during a VERY cold snap. The food was very good (husband had the crab cake, I had a filet, both were very good), and the ambience was congenial and warm. In warmer conditions we have also enjoyed the outside where there are yachts and sailing boats. We always enjoy this restaurant!