“A terrific location, superb food ”

Zahniser's Dry Dock
Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Solomons
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Dry Dock, is located in Solomons Island at the Zahniser's Yachting Center. Expect an intimate water view restaurant that caters to an upscale dining experience, specializing in steaks & seafood. We offer deck seating, weather permitting. Nightly specials & Happy Hour 5-6:00pm daily. Hours of Operation: Open Tuesday through Sunday, 5:00pm. Sunday Brunch 10:00am - 2:00pm Reservations recommended.
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went upon recommendation and were not disappointed. We say outside looking upon the boats. The temperature was perfect. The atmosphere was great. The staff was exceptional. And overall a wonderful experience.

We each ordered a seafood dish and they were absolutely terrific. But the crab dip appetizer was the best.

Definitely worth the trip.

2  Thank jeff_balding

Reviewed 13 July 2014

If you're looking for a place where you can watch the sunset and the boats returning while having an excellent dinner, then Zahniser's is for you! We ordered the fried oysters for an appetizer, and they were a treat - plump, juicy and lightly breaded. For an entree, my husband had the seafood gnocci with garlic cream sauce, which was delicious. I had the tasty tilapia and crab with bearnaise sauce, which was accompanied by a lemon and thyme rice that was absolutely superb. A terrific slice of pound cake with favorful local berries and vanilla cream sauce completed our meal. Our server was very gracious, and the staff works hard to ensure that diners have a great experience while there. This place is a gem!

2  Thank HilaireH116
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Dinner at the Dry Dock is the perfect place for a romantic evening or an intimate group event. The locale offers a wonderful view of the boats on the bay, and spurs conversation about sailing or exploring the beautiful Chesapeake. Our experience has always been near-perfect, even when sitting on the deck as a storm moved in...and even then it was interesting and memorable. The food is the main event, so be sure to share several appetizers in order to sample a little of everything. My husband loved the petite tenderloin and I'd be happy with just the baked brie and the spinach pear salad...but of course order a main course and have enough for lunch the next day. We noticed that some of the negative reviews were upset about not being able to seat large groups (with children, apparently), but have to say that we appreciate that the management respects their customers enough to forgo large groups in favor of a more intimate atmosphere.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We tried the Dry Dock while docking our boat at Zahnisers over the 4th. The steaks are amazing and their steak sauce adds so much flavor! I always love a restaurant that offers Creme Brûlée! Yum!

1  Thank Amanda1221
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Recently visited for an anniversary dinner. We have been visiting this restaurant for over 28 years and seen it grow. This is our third recent visit where we are seated at the last table indoors, which is right next to the kitchen/galley entrance. Would be nice and quiet, even romantic, except for the hustle/bustle of a busy kitchen. The menu has changed, to be expected. The food is still very good, but what we found disappointing was the loss of quality service. Yes, they are attentive to a degree, but the little touches are gone. Where have you put the fresh pepper? Why should you bring our check without our asking and within 60 seconds of serving an after dinner drink? Our server even picked up my plate to box the leftovers and walked it to the bar area before going into the kitchen. Picky me, but next time give me my own box please. Love the location, view, food, but the service needs to be upgraded. I forgot to mention that our table that was near the galley access was also right beside the door to the outdoor deck dining area. We are not sure what was up with the door, but every time, and this was very often, a server came in/out, the door would slam and then bounce.....killed our romantic celebration. I cannot recall if there was any music playing or not, in between the kitchen traffic and the door slamming. At one point we were talking about it and a younger male server did something to the door and it stopped slamming/bouncing. In hind sight, we think they popped the lock out to make it easier for exit/entry with full hands. Not so sure we will be back, after 28 years of visits.

3  Thank kimshe2