Back Creek Inn
US$113
US$107
US$154
Home2.com
All reviewseggs benedictcookiescrab quicheb bwithin walking distancelavender cottagesolomons islandrosemary roomgas fireplacewe've stayedwaterfront settinggracious staffhope to returnscreened in porchesoutdoor tablesenjoy the sceneryfrench toast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We love coming here and have been repeat customers. Such a quaint quiet place, great food, wineries, total relaxation. Greatest time would be late spring or fall. The breakfast's at the B & B are fabulous. You can walk everywhere on the Island, to the pier, take a boat ride or take at the free bikes that are available for a little more exercise. Many other close by things that are available to do!

Room Tip: The ultimate is the cottage but otherwise Thyme or Peppermint are great!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank timetorelax2014
thymely, Owner at Back Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

We appreciate your review especially as a repeat guest. It matters to those looking what brings people back. For ourselves we enjoy returning guests because they become friends and often like family. Thank you for making our inn your "home away from home". We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My fiance and I spent a few days at The Back Creek Inn on Solomons Island, MD. When we arrived, we were pleasantly greeted by Sara who gave us a tour of the B&B and made us very welcomed.

We had the room right off the breakfast area which also has a private porch where we sat and had wine and listened to music while looking at the beautiful gardens.

Breakfast was excellent. I liked the idea that they separated the beverages. This allow you to enjoy the sun filled living room/ patio area where you could find the newspaper and books if you like to read. The french toast made with croissants was the must delicious french toast ever.

The back yard that leads to the dock which was very relaxing.

Carol the owner was very informative and enjoyable to talk with. We are already looking to see when we can go back with friends as this is a place to share with those you love and care for.

Room Tip: Room off the breakfast area has a side porch
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David C
thymely, Owner at Back Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you David we appreciate your kind words and most of all that your stay was memorable.
So glad you enjoyed the porch area as well. We are pleased you want to share it and look forward to you and your friends coming to make a weekend experience you'll all remember.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My fiance and I needed some quality time away from our very hectic busy lives . We drove from NJ not really knowing what to expect as my fiance booked online. What a wonderful surprise the Inn is lovely, warm, cozy and extremely inviting with beautiful gardens and overlooking the water. The owner Carol is extremely warm and friendly, she made us feel very much at home. If you are looking for rest and relaxation along with breathtaking sunrises we highly recommend the Back Creek Inn. Thank you for such a wonderful can't wait to go back . Terry L.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
thymely, Owner at Back Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you Terry for the great review. We enjoy getting to know our guests as well and look forward to having you with us again. Glad you both had a relaxing time.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The Back Creek Inn has a great location on Solomons Island. When we arrived, Sara greeted us and we found that the room we had selected was right next to the breakfast room and breakfast was served 8:30-9:30. Hoping to sleep until about 9:15, we requested another room, and fortunately, they had something else open and were kind enough to refund us the $10/night less that the room cost. The mattress in the room was very firm and so it wasn't a comfortable sleep for me.

We also had confusion surrounding the cleaning of the room/turn down. They do the cleaning while you are at breakfast; we hadn't known this and put the do not disturb sign up just because we like to have the room cleaned once we've left for the day (as happens at hotels). We then moved the sign into the room after breakfast and were really disappointed to return home that day with just some clean towels and sheets in a basket outside the room and the room unmade (apparently, we had to flip the sign over that said freshen the room). We certainly would have put the sign to freshen it up during breakfast if we knew! They did then make up our room and provided us wine to make up for it when we went for dinner (though gave new towels, which we felt bad about environment-wise).

The breakfast also had a few things we would have liked to be different. The drinks were all out at a couple of locations; given they are coming around to your table anyway, it seems like it would be easy to serve us coffee and juice and water at the table. And then there was just one dish each day (first day sweet, next day savory). We're used to having a sweet or savory option and my husband doesn't love savory/egg dishes, but wound up having scrambled eggs for breakfast the day of the eggs benedict and I had a sweet dish the first day that had some orange flavoring on it, which was nice if you like orange, but I'm not crazy about it. So the food was very good, but there wasn't a lot of flexibility. There are also only two tables for two, so if you come at the same time as others, you may be at a round table for 6 with just the two of you.

Overall, the price is excellent as is the location, but we might opt to stay somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: The room on the first floor is right next to the breakfast room (I think Rosemary). If you're a light sleeper, but hope to sleep in during the breakfast (offered 8:30-9:30), choose another room. The Sweet Marjoram room has a very firm mattress.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
thymely, Owner at Back Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you, Brian and Robin for including how we tried to accommodate your requests and preferences. You made reference to "like a hotel". A hotel has many rooms, so they have lots of staff to support their business. With only seven rooms to offer, the rates would have to be much higher, if more staff and variety of breakfast foods are required. Over my 27 years, I have tried to balance my guests needs with offering hospitality and good service at a fair rate. I have found that freshening a room while the guests are at breakfast, insure us that we are not imposing on your privacy. Once again, I can only staff the inn for so some many hours per day, keeping my operating costs down. Attending many BnB conferences and workshops have given me wisdom how to best balance operation expenses with hosting. A seven room BnB cannot be compared to a multi-room hotel. We do offer an unique setting, with many gardens and thank you for highlighting our location.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I would strongly recommend the Back Creek Inn to anyone planning a visit to Solomons. The accomodations are clean and comfortable in a relaxing waterfront setting. Don't miss the breakfast! I had one of the best omelettes of my life the next morning. They even had gluten-free cookies and doughnuts for me. Carol is a wonderful host and we will certainly stay there on our future visits.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TEH01
thymely, Owner at Back Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time for such a gracious review. We hope to see you both again soon and hope you didn't get too wet with the CNBC tour. All of us @ Back Creek