“Never again!”

Quality Inn Beacon Marina
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Solomons
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Place smell musty. the waterfront scenery was of fishermen cutting off fish heads. Think we were the only guest. Staff were smoking inside the building. Oh, and the breakfast that was free and complimentary was an apple that sat in the middle of the table in an area that look like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks...beware!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank qualitee
mmorlack, General Manager at Quality Inn Beacon Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Beacon Marina

Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

My King room was not too bad actually, I was the only one in my group on the 2nd floor. We came to Solomons after we ran the warrior dash and the comfort inn was just down the road from the restaurant and some bars.
There are pets aloud here so if you are lucky enough to be next to them, it may get a bit loud.
Checkout was slow, but to be fair, the guy working was alone and dealing with alot.

• Stayed: May 2013
mmorlack, General Manager at Quality Inn Beacon Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Reviewed 4 November 2012

My buddies and I stayed at this hotel last Friday. Upon entering our room I checked it for bedbugs. I was astounded to actually find evidence on the mattress, (fecal spots and molted skins). I immediately removed our things and went to the front desk. We were moved from 127 to 203. My dad was staying in 128, he found a fogger for bedbugs and fleas sitting on his dresser. The lady at the desk said that the fogger must have been left by a previous guest... Upon going to room 203 we repeated the same inspection. There was pesticide powder on the underside of the drawer beside the bed, but we didn't see anything else. A few minutes later we noticed a bedbug crawling down the wall. We got a refund and went to the Hilton garden nearby. It was fabulous. Also in rm 203 there was white mold under the small fridge and the air conditioner didn't work. We will not return! The hotel is in a great location but needs a full renovation

• Stayed: November 2012
6  Thank Skinsfan21
mmorlack, General Manager at Quality Inn Beacon Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2012

Thanks so much for posting a review. I really appreciate you taking the time from your busy schedule to share your experience with others. As the manager please let me apologize for this isolated incident. We have taken the steps to take care of this professionally. I hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 2 November 2012

Tried to call long distance to speak to a family member staying there. First try, rang many times, no answer so I hung up. Waited twenty minutes, called again, phone was answered after two rings but I was put on hold before having an opportunity to say I was calling long distance or asking to be put through to the room #, sat listening to dead air, imagining my phone bill adding up the long distance charges. Eventually hung up wondering if I was forgotten. Now wondering if I should try again, or just get in the car and drive the ten hours to speak to my family in person? If the staff are really too busy to deal with clients, they need to install an automatic answering system, or hire more help. Would not impress me if I was calling for reservations or information on this location.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
mmorlack, Manager at Quality Inn Beacon Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Reviewed 1 November 2012

We are local residents in the area that were displaced during the recent storm because we live in a low elevation area near the water. The Comfort Inn in Solomons allows you to bring your pets along (and no - the hotel was full to the brim with people, kids and plenty of other displaced pets and it did not seem like a "kennel"). What it did seem like was a manager who cared about keeping all of its patrons as comfortable as possible during a very bad event. Yes - there will likely be bad customers (those that leave animals to bark in a room alone), but the management and staff here were exceptional throughout our stay for how welcome they made everyone feel while we waited out the storm. There was no price increase because of our unfortunate situation, the rooms were clean and comfortable, and the service in the hotel (cleaning and having adequate supplies etc) was exceptional. When the storm cleared faster than anyone expected in the area, they did not charge us for the last night that we did not need to stay. The area where the hotel is close to a good local restaurant (Captain's Table), and I would not hesitate to recommend them to friends, family and co-workers traveling through our area. The treatment that they gave everyone during a very stressful event was 5 stars in our book, and we are very grateful for a very comforting place to be throughout the storm.

Room Tip: For convenience, if you are traveling with a pet, choose a first floor room near the exit. Rooms n...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank tlc232
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I am here right now listening to two dogs in seperate rooms barking their heads off. It's been a hour and ...bark bark bark. Add to that the roach that walked by earlier and the collecion of yuck under the bathroom sink and I am ready to sleep in the car. pet friendly...people, not so much

Room Tip: holiday inn express?maybe Hilton Garden? That's where I am going next
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
mmorlack, General Manager at Quality Inn Beacon Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

Thanks so much for posting a review. I really appreciate you taking the
time from your busy schedule to share your experience with others
I am sorry that we didn’t meet your expectations on this visit. I will make sure that
your feedback is shared with the rest of the team to ensure we handle things differently in the future.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

Melanie Morlack, General Manager
Comfort Inn Beacon Marina
255 Lore Road
Solomons, Maryland, 20688
September 9, 2012

RE: Confirmation Number- 50962743
Dear Ms. Morlack:

I wanted to express my appreciation for the superior service I received during my stay at the Comfort Inn Beacon Marina during the Labor day weekend. In particular, Ms. Terrell White was extremely exceptional and deserves a great deal of praise for her genuine customer service.
On Sunday September 2, 2012, a friend and I decided to take spontaneous trip with our children. We were looking to get away somewhere on the Eastern Shore and do something fun, relaxing, and “family-like” (since we do not have a lot of family). We were surprised to find a hotel available on such a short notice and for a very inexpensive price. Once we book our 1-night stay at the Comfort Inn Beacon Marina, we threw together our bags and hit the road (not knowing what to expect being that it would be our first time to the area).
Driving up to the hotel, we became extremely excited as it seemed like we made a good choice. The weather was beautiful and the hotel location was in a great area. It was quite and set back from the main street and right off the waterfront. When we arrived at the hotel check in counter, we encountered an extremely friendly, professional and knowledgeable employee, Ms. White. She welcomed us to Choice Hotel, quickly checked us in and gave us a room with a nice waterfront view. She told us to relax and make ourselves comfortable. Our children were hungry and anxious and she quickly made them feel comfortable. She then escorted us around the hotel and asked if we needed any additional accommodations. Next she recommended a great seafood restaurant and placed our order for pick-up. Before leaving the desk, she inquired about our plans and provided us with maps and information on local attractions for families.
Once we arrived in the rooms, to our surprise, the room was exceptionally clean and the room temperature was perfect! The room was properly stocked with towels and toiletries. In addition, the room was very spacious and the mattress was very comfortable and had a Large Flat screen LCD TV and free wireless internet access. Without request, extra towels were immediately sent to the room since we had children. Once we settled in, we went to pick-up our food order. Upon return, Ms. White had already begun preparing wet towels for eating seafood, pool towels, extra cups, utensils and condiments for us. She then directed us the picnic/pier/ pool area and our night was wonderful!! She was exceptional!!

The great service we were received was not exclusive to us. While getting coffee and using the computer, I witnessed her give equal personable attention and exceptional service to others, using proper etiquette on the phone and in person, immaculate uniform, extremely playful with children in the hotel, politely turning down “gifts” from frequent guest, helping people beyond her job description, multitasking by straining the lobby and breakfast area. I also witnessed the maintenance person, Tobi being very professional and friendly. The environment was soothing, the folks that we encountered were pleasant, and the entire experience was pleasing, but it wouldn’t have been the same without employees like Ms. White.

The next morning, we enjoyed a really nice breakfast served in the lobby area that included, “make your own” fresh waffles, fresh fruit, bagels, doughnuts, eggs and sausage, juice and hot beverages. The desk clerk was also very courteous by extending the breakfast hour due to the Labor Day holiday.

Our experience was not that of a chain-hotel due to Ms. White going above and beyond conventional customer service expectations. I’ve been a guest at many upscale hotels and the expectation of employees is the same across the board. Ms. White exceeded those expectations and made us feel like we were at home!

I will definitely be returning to Solomon’s Island and will make Comfort Inn Beacon Marina my choice of stay! Again, your service was extremely appreciated and I hope that Ms. White is praised and acknowledged for going above and beyond and satisfying customers like me. Thanks again!
Jermaine Denee Bowens, M.A.
(301) 589-1018 Home
(202) 250-0104 Cell
jermainedenee@hotmail.com

Room Tip: Ask for a waterfront view, and you shall receive.....if available!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. Your thoughtful remarks are
very helpful in allowing us to continue to deliver the most excellent experience

Looking forward to seeing you again

Also consider these accommodations in or near Solomons
Holiday Inn Solomons Conference Center and Marina
Hilton Garden Inn Solomons
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington Park (Patuxent River Naval Air Station)
Hampton Inn Lexington Park
Hampton Inn Lexington Park
#1 of 9 in Lexington Park
Red Roof Inn & Suites California, MD - NAVAIR
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lexington Park - Patuxent

Been to Quality Inn Beacon Marina? Share your experiences!