“Awesome experience!!! Lovely staff and great nice room... Wonderful town !!!”

Quality Inn Beacon Marina
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Solomons
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

We did really enjoyed our stay!!!!

We arrived very early (around 1h pm) and the staff was so kind and accommodating with us... The night before they were sold out with too many late check out but they manage to clean a room for us and let us bring all our stuff in our room before enjoying a good lunch at the restaurant near the dock next door (sorry forgot the name of restaurant but they also have great breakfast!!!).

Very nice comfy room, fridge, microwave, large flat screen tv, good wifi comfy bed...

A few little flaws : shower and restroom need to be cleaner and maybe upgrade and breakfast was so so... (So we went to eat next door and were please).

Thank you!!!

• Stayed: May 2014
renee r, Manager at Quality Inn Beacon Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Beacon Marina. Your opinion is valued greatly and I am eager to share your remarks with our hotel family. We look forward to serving you again in the future. Warm Regards

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Very close to the boardwalk at S-O. I was upgraded to a king Jacuzzi room, I had booked a queen. Bedding was amazing. Breakfast was better than I expected. More than just bagels and toast. Not the fanciest place, but I am happy and have stayed there before.

Room Tip: I didn't use the fitness ctr., pool or room service( i don't think it was offered?) Some...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your recent review of the Comfort Inn Beacon Marina. I am pleased you enjoyed your room upgrade and our new bedding program. Your opinion is valued greatly as we strive to improve our guest experience. We look forward to serving you again in the future. Warm Regards

Reviewed 11 April 2014

This Hotel Is Super Despite The Reviews Listed. The Front Desk Staff Are Very Friendly, Helpful And Full Of Hospitality. The Lobby & Common Area Are Clean And The Hotel Smells Nice. Another Plus Is The Speed Of My Check In, It Was Super Fast And Smooth. They Even Called Me A Few Mins After I Checked In To See If Everything Was Alright. (And It Was) The Restaurant On In The Parking Lot Was Not Open Due To Renovations (Which Was A Bummer) But The Girl At The Front Desk Told Me It Will Open On 4/14, So Looks Like I Will Be Back To Try Thier Food Out. Oh Yeah And Mattress Is Like A Cloud, Best Sleep I Have Had At A Hotel In A While!!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you request the water side view!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Renee R, Manager at Quality Inn Beacon Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank You for your recent review of the Comfort Inn Beacon Marina. As newly appointed General Manager, it is very encouraging to hear positive feedback regarding your stay. I am eager to share your review with staff and our hotel family. We are looking forward towards your return and offerring another favorable stay. Your kind words are greatly appreciated.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I've been coming to this hotel since October for business reasons, and in Lusby, MD it's the closest hotel to where I'm working. Every time the General Manager of this hotel ( 255 Lore Rd., Solomons, MD )checks me in, I get a down graded room, I don't get recognized as a "Choice Privileges Elite Platinum" member, even though I hand him my Choice Privileges card, it doesn't register in his brain! If you check into this hotel, and you see the General Manager, run, cancel your reservations and go to the Lexington Park MD Comfort Inn, and there, you'll be treated like a Choice Privileges Elite member, get upgraded, and enjoy a restful night. The General Manager could learn a few things from his staff at that hotel, his staff recognizes Choice Privileges members, and treats their guest like they should be treated. Just to add to the above, I used the Choice Hotels web site to book my room ( a king bed), the web site said at the time of booking, there were king beds available; when I checked in, not only was I not told that I was down graded, but was told the web site was wrong... I was lied to.... Sad, sad, sad.... Enough said!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Carlos C

Dear Carlos,

My name is Renee Ryan and I am the newly appointed General Manager at the Comfort Inn Beacon Marina. I am responding to a review posted November 13, 2013 regarding your stay for business last Ocotber. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay as well as the failure of previous management to recognize your status as a loyal Choice Hotel Guest. If given the opportunity, I would like to restore your confidence at our location and offer a favorable stay. Thank You for your relationship with Choice Brand Hotels and I hope to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

This Inn is a good value. Clean, updated and very nice people. Great location and right on the water. They also allow dogs. Don't miss the Captains table next door for good food. Best rock fish I ever tasted.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2013

The room, especially the bathroom was terrible and dirty. They tried to cover the mold and mildew with paint, but they didn't do a good job. I noticed that another reviewer had slugs and we had crickets, but that happens. The dirt that I saw while looking for the crickets was too much. There was also a large dog going up and down the hall way, I don't really care for strange dogs being let loose. There was a soccer group so the breakfast selection was sparse as the staff could not keep up...and I actually felt sorry for the staff. We usually stay once a year while visiting relatives, when we stayed last year we noticed an improvement, but the backward slide was so dramatic this year, it was our last time...unless they have a huge renovation. Rather than have someone reply, why don't you have someone from corporate check out this hotel.

Room Tip: We will be staying at the Garden Inn from now on, we prefer the location of the Comfort Inn, but can...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kelly B
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Stayed at this hotel first week in August 2013. Check in was lengthy and rooms were not properly assigned. We had requested three King Beds and had paid in advance. Rooms were supposed to have been non smoking, however, we had to change after discovering one of the three had a smoking odor. The bathroom was not clean. In the middle of the night, we found a slug climbing up the wall. Upon going to the front desk, we were told by the clerk she was sorry, but the area occasionally had insects due to moisture. A checkbook that was in the room turned up missing. The desk clerks were very friendly and seemed to be trying to do a good job under the circumstances. Getting up for breakfast was a horror as a very large dog was lying in the dining area. The dog was with it's owner, but was not a service dog.

Room Tip: It appears some activity was going on that weekend as most hotels were booked and all of them were h...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank wtflippen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Solomons
Holiday Inn Solomons Conference Center and Marina
Hilton Garden Inn Solomons
Extended Stay America - Lexington Park - Pax River
Comfort Inn & Suites Lexington Park
Red Roof Inn & Suites California, MD - NAVAIR
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington Park (Patuxent River Naval Air Station)

Been to Quality Inn Beacon Marina? Share your experiences!