“Great site for a wedding.”

Waterfront Historic Kent Manor Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Stevensville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 May 2012

We went to a wedding at Kent Manor Inn. It was outdoors in a beautiful setting in a meadow on the river. The reception was in large enclosed gazebo-type building at the other end of the meadow. The inn itself was lovely though we only walked through it to get to the wedding location. We did not stay at the Inn.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank foster1993
There are newer reviews for Waterfront Historic Kent Manor Inn

Reviewed 13 May 2012

As other readers have noted, Kent Manor Inn is a beautiful retreat in a secluded setting. Yet, the Inn is located in close proximity to area attractions such as Chestertown and St. Michael's. (We attempted to view Stevensville but the entire town was shut down, with the exception of a restaurant on Monday.)
Overall, the staff was friendly and accommodating. The room (more on that later) was quaint and very clean. The continental breakfast was delicious - the pastries obviously homemade, and eggs and sausage (or bacon) were part of the breakfast. The coffee was superb (I wish I had remembered to ask about the brand)! Though the first day we left a tip fanned out on the nightstand - we neglected to place it on the tip tray - it remained as left upon our return. Though it certainly demonstrated the honesty (and uncertainty) of the maid, travelers need to be certain to look for and use the tip tray.
The first day after checking in, we took books and sat in the chairs along the dock. It was a wonderful way to unwind. The grounds, which were immaculately kept and beautiful, provided a nice stroll. We did not take advantage of the kayaks or bicycles, though they were available.
The one problem that we had upon arrival on a Sunday afternoon was not receiving the room with a water view as promised. Though an attempt was made to rectify this with the receptionist, it was to no avail. This dampened my enthusiasm of the Inn - until checkout. When the manager noted my (unspoken) frustration, she encouraged us to discuss our problem. Her apparent interest in resolving our problem led to the accommodation originally promised for future travel, comped by the hotel for one night.
Hence, my recommendation is to make certain that any problems should be taken up with the manager at the first opportunity. Though this is typically what I do, the interaction that Sunday had left me so frustrated, I mistakenly thought it permeated the entire Inn. I now realize my err in judgment. A lesson well learned. One final thought...I do believe our problem was a rare occurrence based upon the overall atmosphere at the Inn and other reviews.

Room Tip: Discussed above....
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HemingwayDakota
Reviewed 12 May 2012

My family and I just attended a weekend wedding at the Inn. The setting is private and serene even though it is close to other Kent Island activities. The public rooms at the Inn are tastefully decorated with lots of gathering space. The breakfast buffet this morning was plentiful with a great deal of variety.
The guest rooms were nicely furnished with good amenities. Many of the rooms looked out over an inviting sitting porch.
The wedding accommodations and reception in the Gazebo was beautiful and accommodated the needs of the group very well.
I would encourage others to consider for a wedding and reception or other meetings.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank ParisonthePlains
Reviewed 1 May 2012

The stay at Kent Manor Inn was AMAZING to say the least!!! The Inn itself is beautiul and charming and the staff was friendly and accommodating. The continental breakfast each morning was delicious; way more than I imagined and a nice touch. Since we were there for a wedding we got to see a lot of the rooms and they were all spacious and cozy at the same time. We made great memories at the Kent Manor Inn and I hope to visit there again the future!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Amanda J
travel8519, Owner at Waterfront Historic Kent Manor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Thank you for your generous review of Historic Kent Manor Inn, Amanda. We aim to please and we are so very glad we were able to make your stay enjoyable. Thank you for posting your experience on TripAdvisor. And, yes, we hope to see you back, soon! Please find us and like us on facebook when you have a chance, too!

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Today I had the pleasure of attending a wedding shower at the Kent Manor Inn. Where do I begin on sharing with you what a delightful experience it was. From the friendly greeting as we entered by the young lady in the registration area to the fact that Christine went above and beyond to help track down a coat I left there and did not realize until I returned home. I cannot thank her enough. The Inn is beautiful, the shower was wonderful, and the food was delicious. Stephanie (I hope I have the correct name) did a great job planning a successful event. Your servers were personable and added fun and humor to the day. In this hectic and sometimes crazy world, Kent Manor Inn is blessed to have employees who take pride in a job well done. No one should be disappointed if they venture to Kent Manor.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank njz29
travel8519, Owner at Waterfront Historic Kent Manor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Thank you for sharing your Historic Kent Manor experience with the TripAdvisor community and taking the time to post your generous comments. We take pride in making our guests visit perfect in every way. Thank you, again.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

Found Kent Manor on my phone while eating dinner in the area. The last minute price was good so my wife & I decided we check it out. Location is private and set on the water well back from road noise. The Inn itself is beautifully restored and well kept. Our room was not large (but we did take the cheapest) and there wasn't a lot of (head)room to sit as the comfortable chairs were located under the slanted ceiling. Not a big deal, we just moved things around a bit. VERY comfortable bed, lovely quiet night for sleeping. Breakfast was very good, included and brought to our room at our chosen time. Don't know if we could afford it during high season, but a lovely winter respite.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

I am very glad we were able to accommodate your last minute plan to spend the night at Historic Kent Manor Inn. And thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor. It's incredible how we can now just check our mobile devices for nearby accommodations AND see the travel community's reviews. Truly amazing. I'm glad you were able to join us and we hope you can check in earlier next time and enjoy our waterfront, gardens, pool and 220-acres of land.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Thank you so much for your hospitality.  The staff at the Inn was superb and very personable.  All of the ladies at our retreat expressed how much fun they had.  They loved the location, they loved the onsite amenities and they especially loved the uniqueness of each room. The Inn has a touch of class and elegance that is second to none and no one uttered a negative word.  They all talked about how nice each employee and the guests were.  In 10 years of ministry we have never had a venue like the Historic Kent Manor Inn and we have placed it at the top of our list.  Thank you so much for allowing us to come. We will be back.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Noreen B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevensville
The Inn at Chesapeake Bay Beach Club
Hilton Garden Inn Kent Island
Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond
Holiday Inn Express Kent Island
Historic Inns of Annapolis
Best Western Kent Narrows Inn

Been to Waterfront Historic Kent Manor Inn? Share your experiences!