“Deeelishish”

Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Stevensville
Sharpsburg, Maryland
“Deeelishish”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

This little place on the Eastern Shore side of the bay bridge has good food at decent prices. I had the softshell platter which included crab soup (yum) and homemade french fries.

There are a few tables on the inside and and a couple of tables on the outside. While I was there it looked like most of their business is carryout.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Above Average Seafood Shack”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My son and I stopped in on our way home from Ocean City. Very easy to get to / find. Even at the hight of beach traffic we had a minimal wait for our food were quickly on our way. Great place to take a quick break from traffic.
As advertised, it is a shack. The single rest room is in the back of the kitchen. The bathroom, like the rest of the resturant was pretty tidy. The only places to sit are on picnic tables outside.
I had a crabcake. I am an admitted crab cake snob and thought my cake was a above average. There was more starch filler (tasted like saltines) than I prefer and not enough spices / onion (may have been no onions or spices). The bulk of the meat seemed like claw -- minimal / no lump or backfin. In spite of the shortcomings I mentioned, it was an above average crab cake - homemade and fresh.
My son had fried shrimp, fries and cole slaw. The shrimp were suprisingly really really good. Plump and cooked to perfection. The fries were good and the slaw was really good.
The service was friendly and quick.
Bottomline: we're going to skip the other Kent Island and area spots and make the Stevensville Crab Shack part of our Bay Bridge crossing routine.

• Visited June 2014
Falls Church, Virginia
“Always the best available”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Harry M
If your a true crab lover, than you can stop looking any further. In all the years I've been buying from the Crab Shack, I've never been disappointed. We live in Falls Church VA and I wouldn't think of buying from any other place...The drive is worth it...If I lived nearer, I'd have them every week. Sherry and Bob do things the right way. I make sure I place my take-out orders to allow enough time to have a soft Shell Crab Sandwich before my drive back to Falls Church VA for our parties or on to South Bethany for a week with the family.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Harry M
Washington, D.C.
“Good Crabs But Could Use some Improvement”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We had crabs and shrimp here on a short trip to the Bay. First, I love road stand type food on picnic tables so the rustic nature of the place in my mind is a plus. And, the food and menu were fine. But they could use some improvement in service and just basics. They were harried (it was very busy) and at times rude. We were told afterward to bus our own table when we finished eating. Also, they do not have water at the soda fountain but only offered bottled water. And, the melted butter for the crabs and shrimp was some artificial horrible tasting stuff, kind of jelly like texture, totally un-eatable.

• Visited May 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Marvelous and Satisfying”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I found this restaurant in 2007 while on a fishing trip. Since day one I have loved the service, atmosphere, and food (especially the crab pickles and crabs). Sherry and Bob are wonderful. I love their family oriented style. As soon as you walk through the door they welcome you with a bright smile. Sherry's homemade pasta salads are delicious. There not to salty. My husband loves her devil eggs.

If you are looking to just get away and take a ride go to Stevensonville and stop pass the Crab Shack. You will not be disappointed.

Actually on my way now.